Biden tells San Francisco crowd "the Giants are on their way to the Super Bowl"

Article 15

Dr. House slayer
Jul 4, 2008
Vice President Joe Biden had his “oops” moment Wednesday speaking in a 49er-crazed San Francisco when he told a crowd at a city political fundraiser that “the Giants are on their way to the Super Bowl.”

Biden spoke at a closed event in the city’s financial District at the Bently Reserve when he made the gaffe, according to a White House pool report released today.
The comment by Biden drew immediate “good-natured” boos from the crowd, according to the report by Josh Richman of the Oakland Tribune, who was the only local print reporter allowed to cover the event.

After suggesting that the Giants were heading to the Super Bowl, Biden quickly recognized the gaffe and and explained he was accustomed to thinking in terms of the San Francisco Giants and their baseball wins. His next reference was to the “49ers on their way” to the Big Game.

http://blog.sfgate.com/nov05election/2012/01/18/bidens-oops-moment-in-sf-giants-on-their-way-to-super-bowl/

132684632231.jpg

I'm with Joe! Except if he revised his comments to suggest the 49ers will go to the Super Bowl.

I'm a Steeler fan and the only logical team for me to root for now is the New York Giants. If the 49ers win, they will have six Super Bowl victories (as many as the glorious Pittsburgh Steelers) and that is simply unacceptable.

I'm with Joe! Except if he revised his comments to suggest the 49ers will go to the Super Bowl.

I'm a Steeler fan and the only logical team for me to root for now is the New York Giants. If the 49ers win, they will have six Super Bowl victories (as many as the glorious Pittsburgh Steelers) and that is simply unacceptable.

It maybe unacceptable to you, but not to me. The current Niner team is reminiscent of the Niners first Super Bowl team in 1981. In fact the '81 team held all of their post season opponents prior to the Super Bowl win over the Bengals to a field goal, including the New York Giants.

'D' is strong on both sides of the ball and I predict the running game will be the difference. Rain is expected here, heavy rain for the most part and the field will be soft, the winds will be gusty, and scoring will be low.

I look forward to my next trip to Manhattan and taking a photo of 49th St. which will be renamed 49er St after the game. See the bet between the mayors on that matter.

Shirtless Biden Washes Trans Am In White House Driveway

WASHINGTON—Taking advantage of the warm spring weather Monday, Vice President Joe Biden parked his 1981 Trans Am in the White House driveway, removed his undershirt, and spent a leisurely afternoon washing the muscle car and drinking beer.
Enlarge Image
Shirtless-Biden-R_jpg_250x1000_q85.jpg
Vice President Biden ditched a day of presiding over the Senate to "give the twin cannons some sun."

"This baby just needs a little scrub down," said Biden, addressing a tour group as he tucked the sweat-covered top into the belt loop of his cutoff jean shorts. "Gotta get her looking good so I can impress the chicks when I'm cruising down Pennsylvania [Avenue]."

White House aides said that Biden pulled into the driveway shortly before noon, the chorus of Night Ranger's "(You Can Still) Rock In America" blaring from his car's stereo. According to witnesses, Biden spent several minutes maneuvering the Trans Am into the perfect spot, and was observed drumming his fingers on the steering wheel until the song came to a close.

The shirtless 66-year-old then entered the executive residence and greeted employees with a round of high fives and a variety of nicknames.

"Hey, hot stuff, looking good," Biden told a passing aide. "Would you know where I could get a little bucket and sponge action? My mean machine needs to be cleaned."

After acquiring the necessary washing materials, the bare-chested second-in-command returned to the driveway, where he spent several moments staring in apparent awe at the firebird decal on the hood of his car.
Enlarge Image
Shirtless-Biden-Jump-R_jpg_250x1000_q85.jpg
Biden wipes down the interior, and picks up any loose change, cigarette butts, and discarded condom wrappers.

Biden, who purchased the white Pontiac in 1983, has made an annual tradition of taking time off each spring to wash and tune-up his vehicle. In 2008 alone, the veteran politician reportedly missed two dozen Senate sessions in order to spend some quality time "taking care of [his] baby."

"He does this every year and it really seems to rejuvenate him," Sen. Christopher Dodd (D-CT) said. "Back in 2001, the car was up on blocks in the National Mall, and he was so busy rotating those tires that he bailed on the confirmation hearings for secretary of state."

"What're you gonna do, though?" Dodd added. "That car rocks."

As Biden gently applied a sponge to the hood and moved it in small circular motions across the car's contours, a number of White House interns walked by and caught the vice president's attention.

"She's a real beaut, ain't she?" said Biden, popping open a wide-mouth can of Coors Light and tilting back his head to take a long drink. "Back when Smokey And The Bandit came out, everyone wanted the black paint job, but looking back now, I'm thankful the dealership didn't have it in stock."

"Oops, looks like I got a little brewha in the flavor-saver," added Biden, referring to his wispy, four-day-old mustache. "Any of you girls care to join me for another tallboy?"

Biden then spent the next 15 minutes boasting about the features on his Trans Am.

"They don't make kick-ass T-tops like this anymore, sweetheart," said Biden, shaking his head in exaggerated disappointment. "And check out these gold snowflake rims. They're a real bitch to clean, but they're totally worth it."

"Back in the day we used to call 'em panty-melters," Biden continued. "One babe caught a glimpse of those rims after a Cinderella concert in '86 and she couldn't get into that backseat fast enough. If any of you girls wanna take a ride, just let ol' Joe know."

For the remainder of the day, Biden occupied himself with hosing off his car, giving the side doors an extra coat of wax, and throwing out a variety of items from beneath its front seats, including crumpled-up fast food wrappers, a number of soft packs of Doral kings, an issue of Cheri magazine from 1991, and Senate bill S. 486.

According to White House officials, Biden was still hanging out in the driveway long after dusk, revving the engine at passersby and explaining the intricacies of a turbocharged V-8 motor to anyone within earshot.

As of press time, Biden had convinced Jennifer Britmore, a 41-year-old mother of four visiting from Indiana, to let him show her around D.C.
terminator.gif

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C2mzbuRgnI4]Joe Biden Tells Chuck Graham to Stand Up - YouTube[/ame]

Biden Calls Dibs On Qaddafi's Clothes

WASHINGTON—Interrupting a meeting of the Joint Chiefs of Staff on Tuesday, Vice President Joe Biden called dibs on the clothes of Muammar Qaddafi, saying he wanted first pick of the Libyan dictator's wardrobe as soon as he was deposed. "I've had my eye on those threads for years," said Biden, promising the assembled military officers they could have Qaddafi's print shirts or any assorted hats and sunglasses that Biden didn't want. "I need a couple of his traditional nomad outfits for this sheikh-themed party I'm throwing. And those uniforms with all the medals are pretty sweet." According to sources, Biden was unable to lay claim to Qaddafi's Bedouin tents because Energy Secretary Steven Chu had called them minutes earlier.
terminator.gif

Forum List

Back