Biden rips cheney

I'll give you both, I wasn't certain about the later. Truth is, I don't know if Iraq was good or bad. More telling, not sure how it's going to end up when we pull out.

Afghanistan has the potential of turning into a Vietnam, I don't think Obama will let that happen-he'll cut & run, but won't change the threats.

IMO, Iraq wasn't a good idea especially the was it was prosecuted. I'm encouraged by the way things have turned around but you bring up a good question ... What happens there when we leave? I mean, sure right now things are calmer but what's to say a mosque bombing or two wont prevent another season of violence?

A-Stan is a touchy issue, too. It seems like we are there because they had bad house guests. I'm not sure that's reason enough for a prolonged occupation or whatever we want to call it.
actually, the war was well done, the aftermath, on the other hand was a mess

One of those few things we disagree on DC. LOL ...

But here's my reasoning, with all the money allocated to it the soldiers were not equiped well enough, though most of us don't notice it over here I am sure they did. Instead of spending the money on making their jobs just a tiny bit easier and safer so they can at lest make it home, our government wasted it on nowhere contracts and committees.

It would have been prevented by not invading Iraq.

And it definitely wasn't me that said that.

I'll give you both, I wasn't certain about the later. Truth is, I don't know if Iraq was good or bad. More telling, not sure how it's going to end up when we pull out.

Afghanistan has the potential of turning into a Vietnam, I don't think Obama will let that happen-he'll cut & run, but won't change the threats.

The problem is we just can't pull out now. It was a mistake, but regardless we can't just leave, which is why it was a mistake in the first place. We may be stuck there for decades, remember, in that part of the world they are use to fighting hundred year wars.
try thousands

IMO, Iraq wasn't a good idea especially the was it was prosecuted. I'm encouraged by the way things have turned around but you bring up a good question ... What happens there when we leave? I mean, sure right now things are calmer but what's to say a mosque bombing or two wont prevent another season of violence?

A-Stan is a touchy issue, too. It seems like we are there because they had bad house guests. I'm not sure that's reason enough for a prolonged occupation or whatever we want to call it.

But here's my reasoning, with all the money allocated to it the soldiers were not equiped well enough, though most of us don't notice it over here I am sure they did. Instead of spending the money on making their jobs just a tiny bit easier and safer so they can at lest make it home, our government wasted it on nowhere contracts and committees.
they were equipped with the best we had in the inventory
at least they had full loads of Ammo, unlike when Clinton deployed them

I won't pretend to know what Clinton did with his use of the military, didn't pay much attention at the time. But the commanders over in Iraq contend otherwise, and honestly I would trust what the people there say more, on both sides really (I don't rule out the innocents view either just this isn't a discussion on that right now).

Clinton won the war in the Balkens without losing a single American soldier.

I won't pretend to know what Clinton did with his use of the military, didn't pay much attention at the time. But the commanders over in Iraq contend otherwise, and honestly I would trust what the people there say more, on both sides really (I don't rule out the innocents view either just this isn't a discussion on that right now).
i never saw any reports of commanders complaining about their equipment

Finally....a vice president with backbone; the courage to tell the truth!!!! God bless you, Mr. Biden.

[B]WASHINGTON – Vice President Joe Biden said Tuesday his predecessor, Dick Cheney, is "dead wrong" when he said President Barack Obama's national security policies are making the United States less safe. Biden said the exact opposite was true and that President George W. Bush's vice president was incorrect.

"I don't think he is out of line, but he is dead wrong. ... The last administration left us in a weaker posture than we've been any time since World War II: less regarded in the world, stretched more thinly than we ever have been in the past, two wars under way, virtually no respect in entire parts of the world," Biden said. "And so we've been about the business of repairing and strengthening those. I guarantee you we are safer today, our interests are more secure today than they were any time during the eight years" of the Bush administration.
[/B]

Yo Fraud you're supposed to post in the appropriate category. Damn I'm always teaching you huh? LMAO!

You are correct EA....but where is the "all bullshit, all the time" category???

Clinton won the war in the Balkens without losing a single American soldier.
uh, no, he didnt
he didnt send any ground troops
they were all european troops on the ground
and i think the Chinese had a small problem with it

So is this why North Korea just fired off their missels, all they will get from the Obama administration is a very strong finger shaking, shame, shame on North Korea. Guess what, our enemies are watching his reaction and his make nice with terrorists who would gladly cut the heads off of all the infidels of which you probably are one.

Forum List

Back