Biden on self-defense "Get yourself a shotgun"

A Novice has a much better shot of doing mass damage with a Shot gun and some Buck shot, than with an Assault Rifle.

You are incorrect. Real world shows novices and new shooters hit more readily and controlled with a 5.56 carbine. Time and time again. Especially after the first round is fired.

Are you talking about range shooting or home defense situations? I wonder if there are even any accurate statistics about that kind of thing to be found anywhere.

I would think the point is more that a novice is more likely to hit, and hopefully stop, an intruder with the shotgun and buckshot than a rifle or pistol because of the spread. It's not really about the weapon but the ammo. You may be able to get buckshot rounds for other types of firearms than shotguns, but that's the more common weapon to think of.

I'm not in favor of the assault weapons ban, but I can understand saying a shotgun is a better home defense weapon.

“It’s harder to use an assault weapon to hit something than it is a shotgun." - Joe Biden

Biden on self-defense: ?Get yourself a shotgun? | The Ticket - Yahoo! News

Most people will score COM hits more readily and consistently with a lightweight, carbine- length AR-15 w/ an adjustable stock and red dot optics. That is why the AR-15 or other semi-auto 5.56 carbine has replaced the shotgun in police cruisers around the nation.

I guess Joe Biden just became the NRA's MVP.

Biden, however, is actually wrong. At the end of the day, I guess it most depends on what the shooter is most comfortable shooting. But I would consider an AR-15 much easier to use, in terms of taking down a hostile threat. It's more accurate, reflexive fire is a cinch, and the recoil would be easier to control.

“It’s harder to use an assault weapon to hit something than it is a shotgun." - Joe Biden

Biden on self-defense: ?Get yourself a shotgun? | The Ticket - Yahoo! News

Most people will score COM hits more readily and consistently with a lightweight, carbine- length AR-15 w/ an adjustable stock and red dot optics. That is why the AR-15 or other semi-auto 5.56 carbine has replaced the shotgun in police cruisers around the nation.

I guess Joe Biden just became the NRA's MVP.

Biden, however, is actually wrong. At the end of the day, I guess it most depends on what the shooter is most comfortable shooting. But I would consider an AR-15 much easier to use, in terms of taking down a hostile threat. It's more accurate, reflexive fire is a cinch, and the recoil would be easier to control.

I bet Joe has never fired a 12 gauge indoors when it's dark. It is like a small flash-bang grenade going off and can flash-blind and deafen the shooter as well as the target for a few moments.

A Novice has a much better shot of doing mass damage with a Shot gun and some Buck shot, than with an Assault Rifle.

You are incorrect. Real world shows novices and new shooters hit more readily and controlled with a 5.56 carbine. Time and time again. Especially after the first round is fired.

Are you talking about range shooting or home defense situations?

Both and most importantly at the range engaging in defensive situations.

Shotguns have been phased out of many LE agencies for this very reason.

The AR-15 carbine is easier to hit with.

But he said a shotgun. They make 8 round shotguns, automatic tactical shotguns, and massive shell holders for them things. He is an idiot. If you was going to go on a killing spree, would prefer an 8 round shotgun over a 30 round clip semi?

Yes, absolutely! I'd use a pump-action 12-bore loaded with 00 buckshot.

hahah! yeah! let's keep masturbating over our killing machines together! FUCK IT GETS ME SO FUCKING HARD DISCUSSING GUN SPECS!

Let's un-welcome our newest troll

Ah, he's just jealous that he knows nothing about guns and doesn't understand people who are able to protect themselves. He probably cries for his mommy when he's scared.

I don't like shotguns, mainly because I'm petite. First time I shot one, it was a good thing my brother was standing behind me and ready to catch me when I fell back as I fired. I hit the target, but it was a lot to handle. For protection, I'm more comfy with a handgun.

I worked with a woman who had no trouble handling a shotgun...proven by the fact she was a superb skeet and trap shooter. Vuy is about 4'8" and 90lbs. Her preferred maker was Benelli, judging by the stickers on her truck & helmet.

And the vanity plates on her truck read "PULL". :)

Forum List

Back