Biden lied about his war votes

koshergrl

Diamond Member
Aug 4, 2011
"Joe Biden attacked Paul Ryan for his votes to support two wars as the reason for the massive deficits we now face. Biden also claimed to have voted against both. The only problem with that argument is that it’s entirely false."

"I was there, I voted against them,” Biden continued. “I said, no, we can’t afford that.”
Then Sen. Biden voted for the Afghanistan resolution on Sept. 14, 2001 which authorized “the use of United States Armed Forces against those responsible for the recent attacks launched against the United States.”
And on Oct. 11, 2002, Biden voted for a resolution authorizing unilateral military action in Iraq, according to the Washington Post."

Video: Biden lied about voting against wars « Hot Air

Yeah I heard that and I thought I also heard a tweak/change in his voice knowing that he was lying. I don't know his record, but like I said when I heard him say that I swear I thought I heard a change in his voice and that made me think "wow, I bet he just lied." What do you know... Dems are JUST like Republicans, lol.

"Joe Biden attacked Paul Ryan for his votes to support two wars as the reason for the massive deficits we now face. Biden also claimed to have voted against both. The only problem with that argument is that it’s entirely false."

"I was there, I voted against them,” Biden continued. “I said, no, we can’t afford that.”
Then Sen. Biden voted for the Afghanistan resolution on Sept. 14, 2001 which authorized “the use of United States Armed Forces against those responsible for the recent attacks launched against the United States.”
And on Oct. 11, 2002, Biden voted for a resolution authorizing unilateral military action in Iraq, according to the Washington Post."

It does not matter. Romney lied his ass off in the first debate and established that lying is perfectly "fair" and acceptable in the "new" debate ground rules of 2012. If Mittens and Ryan wanted a civil debate series they should have been civil.

Now they will find out what it is like to fight in a back alley. "knee to the groin?" No problem. "sand in the eyes?" standard proceedure. RW's cheat because that is the only way they can access power. Now they must combat smarter people that normally fight fair but when pressed are far better opponents than the newGOPers can imagine. The next two debates will be bloody. If I was Romney I would have an ambulance standing by.

It does not matter. Romney lied his ass off in the first debate and established that lying is perfectly "fair" and acceptable in the "new" debate ground rules of 2012. If Mittens and Ryan wanted a civil debate series they should have been civil.

Now they will find out what it is like to fight in a back alley. "knee to the groin?" No problem. "sand in the eyes?" standard proceedure. RW's cheat because that is the only way they can access power. Now they must combat smarter people that normally fight fair but when pressed are far better opponents than the newGOPers can imagine. The next two debates will be bloody. If I was Romney I would have an ambulance standing by.

The accusation that 'Romney lied' in the debate has been made almost continuously from that night, but yet I've not seen anyone produce the 'lies' that they accuse him of.

Do you think you could point out to us what SPECIFIC lies you think he told, with PROOF?

Or should we all just take your word for it?

Your source is shit.

FAIL.

Your source is shit.

FAIL.

Did you click on the links, moron?

"Vote Summary
Question: On the Joint Resolution (S.J. Res. 23 ) Vote Number: 281Vote Date: September 14, 2001, 10:44 AMRequired For Majority: 1/2Vote Result: Joint Resolution PassedVote Counts:YEAs98NAYs0Not Voting2

"Biden (D-DE), Yea "

U.S. Senate: Legislation & Records Home > Votes > Roll Call Vote

Following is an alphabetical listing by state of how each senator voted on President Bush's Iraq resolution.

[FONT=arial, helvetica]Delaware[/FONT][FONT=arial, helvetica]Joseph Biden (D): Yes [/FONT]

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/onpolitics/transcripts/senaterollcall_iraq101002.htm

Last edited:

Here's the problem, Diaper Boy.... either lying is ok or it is not ok. If it is not ok, then excusing it with 'Mom, he did it too' is pathetic claptrap. Naturally, I expect nothing more from you but hypocrisy is neither big nor clever. In truth, it is quite the opposite.

Here's the problem, Diaper Boy.... either lying is ok or it is not ok. If it is not ok, then excusing it with 'Mom, he did it too' is pathetic claptrap. Naturally, I expect nothing more from you but hypocrisy is neither big nor clever. In truth, it is quite the opposite.

Exactly. The "he did it, too" excuse is known as the tu quoque fallacy.

Two wrongs don't make a right.

Not that anyone has proven Romney lied, either.

Your source is shit.

FAIL.

Nice try, but you fail. Biden did in fact vote for the invasion of Iraq.

H.J.Res. 114 (107th): Authorization for Use of ... (On the Joint Resolution) -- GovTrack.us

23mlo2.gif

And it should have been a HUGE red flag to you when Biden claimed to have voted against BOTH wars.

Everyone (with the exception of Ron Paul) was okay with invading Afghanistan after 9/11. That was a very popular invasion at the time.

Here's Joe Biden just four years ago, writing in the Wall Street Journal!

After 9-11, the President had a historic opportunity to unite Americans and the world in common cause. Instead, by exploiting the politics of fear, instigating an optional war in Iraq before finishing a necessary war in Afghanistan and instituting policies on torture, detainees and domestic surveillance that fly in the face of our values and interests, President Bush divided Americans from each other and from the world.

What logical premise can be gleaned for the statement that it was okay for Biden to lie during the debate because Romney lied? IMO, it says that the person making that statement is both immature and not honest to him/herself.
How can anyone justify the obvious lies made by Joe Biden using that logic?

he also voted for the Foreign Assistance Act in December 1974, which cut all aid and cut off any air attacks against the NVA, who, in Jan. 75, started moving south and in April 75, took Saigon.
He also voted against the first gulf war under Bush 1.

MTP Transcript for April 29, 2007 - Meet the Press | NBC News

MR. RUSSERT: I want to go back to 2002, because it’s important as to what people were saying then and what the American people were hearing. Here’s Joe Biden about Saddam Hussein: “He’s a long term threat and a short term threat to our national security.”

"We have no choice but to eliminate the threat. This is a guy who is an extreme danger to the world.”

“He must be dislodged from his weapons or dislodged from power.” You were emphatic about that.

SEN. BIDEN: That’s right, and I was correct about that.

Forum List

Back