Biden Issues Indian Travel Ban A Year After Calling Trump’s China Travel Ban Xenophobic

Who except you, gives a shit where the covid came from?
The left cares very much that china not be blamed for it
Good point. The left didn't want to follow the science, and wanted to ignore the grim reality of the Chinese Virus....so not to upset their masters in the Chinese Communist Party
Another brilliant uneducated and uninformed deduction from Struth about "grim" realities. Really??
you all supported the chinese travel ban? really? i don’t recall that
Let me refresh your memory about me. I support banning all countries until the covid is under control. I do not support Trump's reason for banning China because he was being vindictive and not productive.
The experts say it was productive...what was he being "vindictive" about? He was in the middle of working out a trade deal with China, one that benefited the USA....
Do the experts say that it was productive? Really? Trump was being vindictive due to China's negotiating tactics and their refusal to bend. He has shown that he is a vindictive guy. His tariffs did not benefit the USA. China made trade deals with some of our allies to their benefit, which gives them influence as our allies benefit. They are now competing favorably with us for world economic influence.
Inflation has taken root due to his trade wars and pandemic.
Yes the experts say it was productive: geez.....do you live under a rock?

Of course the tariffs ended up paying off...and no China didn't make other deals...in fact as a result we saw the largest Ag purchases in China-USA history because of them

Your post couldn't be more wrong...like it was a net zero on being right about anything

POOF!

Asia-Pacific Nations Sign Huge Trade Deal With China While ...

https://www.npr.org › 2020/11/17 › asia-pacific-allies-sig...
Nov 17, 2020 — China and 14 other countries have agreed to set up the trading bloc. ... RCEP unites China, Japan and South Korea in a trade deal for the first time ... RCEP arrives as the coronavirus pandemic is battering member countries' economies. ... and reduce already low tariffs among member countries over time.

Those countries are still going to make individual trade deals with the US that will not involve a super-sized court to impose foreign laws on this country

These trade deals were made with China et. al due to Trump's bullying tactics.

Yes we were able to get the largest in US history Chinese deals for US products because Trump was tough on China....you are welcome

And you are paying 25% more for Chinese products and Canadian lumber, etc.
Our allies that Trump roughed up have moved toward China economically,
which serves to strengthen China's influence. Smooth move, ex-lax.
The price of American farm products is rising as much as 30% for Americans.

The tariffs with Canada have been lifted, after Trump was successful in getting rid of NAFTA and got a better deal...we are however paying a lot more of lumber since Xiden took office...all lumber

China's tariffs got us the historic purchases of American Ag...that's win....Xiden hasn't lifted them yet, because apparently they are working.

What allies?

You are correct for a change, but the tariffs were not reduced until December, 2020. They were not lifted. Canadian lumber is still expensive.
China's "historic" purchases of American agriculture have resulted in price increases of up to 30% for Americans due to a lack of productivity. Once again The blob did not consider the unintended consequences of his actions.
As far as your "what allies?" question, you should seriously consider researching the subjects that you flap about so that you get a feel for the big picture.

America is not the only country that is the target of chinese mercantilism

Australian farmers are feeling the wrath of china and you cant blame that on trump

What libs like you do not understand is that free trade with china under the guise of globalism is bad for America

"libs like me" understand that diplomacy gets you further than a kick in the ass.

Before Trump your “diplomatic” approach was greasing the skids of chinese expansion while destroying the American middle class

Trump's "tough guy, locked and loaded" approach got him nada, zilch, kaputsky,
niet.

now you are just trolling...it's been shown to you we got the largest ag purchases in US history from China because of it, and we also know, from your Dear Leader Xiden, that we got a better trade deal with Mexico and Canada because of it.

So just stop already

No, Lambchop. I said that because China has bought all farm products that are available. There is now a shortage of farm products, resulting in a 30% increase in prices for Americans buying those products. Many on this site acknowledge an increase in prices at the supermarket level, and I gave you the reason. Again, do some research before flapping in the breeze. This is an unintended consequence of the blob's lack of experience in foreign affairs and reliance on his "gut" too much rather than advice from experts. The blob did not know what he did not know. He just used his "gut". We finally have a leader who "walks softly and carries a big stick". Very necessary in this day and age rather than the "locked and loaded", bull in a china shop approach.

hahaha

ok first it was Trump screwed things up with China...then it was highlighted that actually because of his tough dealings with China we ended up with the largest purchases ever....now it's well they bought everything and now we have a shortage, and therefore that's why the cost of food has gone up....hahahah

I get it...you are fishing and trolling.

The cost of food is rising this year due to a few things...
1) the china virus and lockdowns....there were less people working and food processing plants
2) transportation due to lockdowns was slown down
3) More demand at the grocery store...people were eating more at home..thus the market respond to the demand
4) Xiden and the Dems winning, and producers planning for higher taxes.

Supply isn't an issue...farmers literally had to throw things away due to the Chinese Virus.

Trump liked to shoot from the hip.. He rarely (or never) knew anything about the subject.

India is in the throws of a horrible Covid surge.

Whatever...he certainly got it to work with China, Canada and Mexico

Yeah that's too bad about India....it's tragic that Xiden's xenophobia and bigotry towards India has lead to that....sadly it took public shaming for him to actually do something and send them some vaccine.

trade deals were made with China et. al due to Trump's bullying tactics.
What trade deals?

Post a link to one

World's biggest trade deal signed by 15 countries—but China ...

https://fortune.com › china-free-trade-deal-asia-rcep
Nov 16, 2020 — 15 countries signed the world's biggest trade deal—but China is the ... Many RCEP constituents already have trade agreements with one another. ... Still, the agreement is considered a geopolitical victory for China, since it ... Trump's protectionist withdrawal of the U.S. from global free trade agreements.

You need to do some research on your own instead of blindly following Trump's
rhetoric. This is only one of many articles about the Trump trade war follies.
Trump never analyzed the ramification of his knee-jerk decisions made by his "gut", as he put it. And he did not accept advice unless he liked it.
Did you read that link?

"Many RCEP constituents already have trade agreements with one another. The new deal doesn’t cover state-owned enterprises, labor, or the environment, and it only briefly mentions controversial issues like intellectual property protections, meaning it will not result in any dramatic economic changes in the short term."

Why on Earth would we agree to anything like that with China?
You are taking out of context. Look at the whole enchilada.
what was out of context? Why would we agree to some sort of deal with China that didn't address those things?

I am sure Trump could have jumped all over that sort of deal that screwed Americans and benefitted China...but why would we? That's and Obama/Xiden sort of TPP tactic...
Struth, sometimes your rhetoric is so stupid that it makes stupid people look smart.
says the clown that wants a trade deal with China that doesn't address things like the enviroment, their human rights abuses, unfair labor practices and stealing of IP....and exempts all their freakin' state owned companies! hahahh
Since when do you give a rats ass about the environment and human rights?
The blob erased 100 environmental regulations that were put in place to protect you, and we have human rights atrocities right here in America. What rock are you hiding under? The Chinese just laugh at us when we bring up that subject, and why shouldn't they?

Good point. The left didn't want to follow the science, and wanted to ignore the grim reality of the Chinese Virus....so not to upset their masters in the Chinese Communist Party
Another brilliant uneducated and uninformed deduction from Struth about "grim" realities. Really??
Let me refresh your memory about me. I support banning all countries until the covid is under control. I do not support Trump's reason for banning China because he was being vindictive and not productive.
The experts say it was productive...what was he being "vindictive" about? He was in the middle of working out a trade deal with China, one that benefited the USA....
Do the experts say that it was productive? Really? Trump was being vindictive due to China's negotiating tactics and their refusal to bend. He has shown that he is a vindictive guy. His tariffs did not benefit the USA. China made trade deals with some of our allies to their benefit, which gives them influence as our allies benefit. They are now competing favorably with us for world economic influence.

Of course the tariffs ended up paying off...and no China didn't make other deals...in fact as a result we saw the largest Ag purchases in China-USA history because of them

Your post couldn't be more wrong...like it was a net zero on being right about anything

POOF!

Nov 17, 2020 — China and 14 other countries have agreed to set up the trading bloc. ... RCEP unites China, Japan and South Korea in a trade deal for the first time ... RCEP arrives as the coronavirus pandemic is battering member countries' economies. ... and reduce already low tariffs among member countries over time.

Those countries are still going to make individual trade deals with the US that will not involve a super-sized court to impose foreign laws on this country

Yes we were able to get the largest in US history Chinese deals for US products because Trump was tough on China....you are welcome

The tariffs with Canada have been lifted, after Trump was successful in getting rid of NAFTA and got a better deal...we are however paying a lot more of lumber since Xiden took office...all lumber

China's tariffs got us the historic purchases of American Ag...that's win....Xiden hasn't lifted them yet, because apparently they are working.

What allies?

You are correct for a change, but the tariffs were not reduced until December, 2020. They were not lifted. Canadian lumber is still expensive.
China's "historic" purchases of American agriculture have resulted in price increases of up to 30% for Americans due to a lack of productivity. Once again The blob did not consider the unintended consequences of his actions.
As far as your "what allies?" question, you should seriously consider researching the subjects that you flap about so that you get a feel for the big picture.

Australian farmers are feeling the wrath of china and you cant blame that on trump

What libs like you do not understand is that free trade with china under the guise of globalism is bad for America

"libs like me" understand that diplomacy gets you further than a kick in the ass.

Before Trump your “diplomatic” approach was greasing the skids of chinese expansion while destroying the American middle class

niet.

now you are just trolling...it's been shown to you we got the largest ag purchases in US history from China because of it, and we also know, from your Dear Leader Xiden, that we got a better trade deal with Mexico and Canada because of it.

So just stop already

No, Lambchop. I said that because China has bought all farm products that are available. There is now a shortage of farm products, resulting in a 30% increase in prices for Americans buying those products. Many on this site acknowledge an increase in prices at the supermarket level, and I gave you the reason. Again, do some research before flapping in the breeze. This is an unintended consequence of the blob's lack of experience in foreign affairs and reliance on his "gut" too much rather than advice from experts. The blob did not know what he did not know. He just used his "gut". We finally have a leader who "walks softly and carries a big stick". Very necessary in this day and age rather than the "locked and loaded", bull in a china shop approach.

hahaha

ok first it was Trump screwed things up with China...then it was highlighted that actually because of his tough dealings with China we ended up with the largest purchases ever....now it's well they bought everything and now we have a shortage, and therefore that's why the cost of food has gone up....hahahah

1) the china virus and lockdowns....there were less people working and food processing plants
3) More demand at the grocery store...people were eating more at home..thus the market respond to the demand

Supply isn't an issue...farmers literally had to throw things away due to the Chinese Virus.

Trump liked to shoot from the hip.. He rarely (or never) knew anything about the subject.

Yeah that's too bad about India....it's tragic that Xiden's xenophobia and bigotry towards India has lead to that....sadly it took public shaming for him to actually do something and send them some vaccine.

You moron, Indian people will be welcome in the US again when covid is gone.

POOF!

What allies?

niet.

So just stop already

hahaha

You need to take a time out. The covid is the bigot. Public shaming? Like you care about India, yes?

What trade deals?

Post a link to one

Nov 16, 2020 — 15 countries signed the world's biggest trade deal—but China is the ... Many RCEP constituents already have trade agreements with one another. ... Still, the agreement is considered a geopolitical victory for China, since it ... Trump's protectionist withdrawal of the U.S. from global free trade agreements.

Trump never analyzed the ramification of his knee-jerk decisions made by his "gut", as he put it. And he did not accept advice unless he liked it.
Did you read that link?

"Many RCEP constituents already have trade agreements with one another. The new deal doesn’t cover state-owned enterprises, labor, or the environment, and it only briefly mentions controversial issues like intellectual property protections, meaning it will not result in any dramatic economic changes in the short term."

what was out of context? Why would we agree to some sort of deal with China that didn't address those things?

I am sure Trump could have jumped all over that sort of deal that screwed Americans and benefitted China...but why would we? That's and Obama/Xiden sort of TPP tactic...
Struth, sometimes your rhetoric is so stupid that it makes stupid people look smart.
says the clown that wants a trade deal with China that doesn't address things like the enviroment, their human rights abuses, unfair labor practices and stealing of IP....and exempts all their freakin' state owned companies! hahahh
The blob erased 100 environmental regulations that were put in place to protect you, and we have human rights atrocities right here in America. What rock are you hiding under? The Chinese just laugh at us when we bring up that subject, and why shouldn't they?
I always have.

Nah, he took out useless ones that only added to the cost of production, and made things harder on small businesses, and farmers. Frankly, when you are willing to sign off on a trade agreement with the biggest enviromental threat in the world, China, and not address anything to do with the enviroment...why do you care about those regs? Or is it, you only care because you want to harm the small US businesses and farmers?

POOF!

What allies?

niet.

So just stop already

hahaha

You need to take a time out. The covid is the bigot. Public shaming? Like you care about India, yes?

Nope, the Chinese is virus is merely a virus...it doesn't care about your race...Xiden is the bigot

Yes, I care about India...I care about people. I am not a racist bigot like your Dear Leader Chairman Xiden.

POOF!

What allies?

niet.

So just stop already

hahaha

I am sure they will...but will Xiden lift the India ban? I mean he was the one that called travel bans xenophobic when Trump did them. Moreover, Xiden is the one that has a long history of publicly showing his bigotry towards Indian people....so certainly we need to ask the question.

If you ship oil frm Canada to refineries in Free Trade Zones and then directly overseas the US government gets no tax
If democrats had not killed the pipeline all the oil would have been refined in the US

course, I know that China is an economic threat and I support diplomacy rather than the bull in a china shop approach.
30 years of polite diplomacy is killing the US middle class while making china a superpower

POOF!

What allies?

niet.

So just stop already

hahaha

I am sure they will...but will Xiden lift the India ban? I mean he was the one that called travel bans xenophobic when Trump did them. Moreover, Xiden is the one that has a long history of publicly showing his bigotry towards Indian people....so certainly we need to ask the question.

Trump wasn't banning them because of covid 3 years before covid.

If you ship oil frm Canada to refineries in Free Trade Zones and then directly overseas the US government gets no tax
If democrats had not killed the pipeline all the oil would have been refined in the US

By the Saudis............
I thought it was BP? Either way, so long as it's in America...hiring Americans, paying Americans....I don't care where the company HQ is.

POOF!

What allies?

niet.

So just stop already

hahaha

Agreed...Trump didn't have a ban on Chinese travel then....and Trump didn't have a travel ban on India then either....

I thought it was BP? Either way, so long as it's in America...hiring Americans, paying Americans....I don't care where the company HQ is.

No. Saudi ARAMCO owns Motiva.

No. Saudi ARAMCO owns Motiva.
Cool...and they are HQed in Houston....and therefore have a number of American employees, and would of had more had Xiden not killed the pipeline

Thanks

POOF!

What allies?

niet.

So just stop already

hahaha

Agreed...Trump didn't have a ban on Chinese travel then....and Trump didn't have a travel ban on India then either....

Trump travel ban - Wikipedia

The Trump travel ban (sometimes called the "Muslim ban") denotes a series of executive actions enacted by Donald Trump as President of the United States in 2017. First, Executive Order 13769 placed stringent restrictions on travel to the United States for citizens of Iran, Iraq, Libya, Somalia, Sudan, Syria, and Yemen. Following protests and legal challenges, a second order, Executive Order 13780, amen…

On December 7, 2015, as a candidate for president, Donald Trump called for "a total and complete shutdown of Muslims entering the United States until our country's representatives can figure out what the hell is going on." His comments were condemned by several of his competitors for the Republican nomination, including Chris Christie, Jeb Bush, Marc…

POOF!

What allies?

niet.

So just stop already

hahaha

Trump travel ban - Wikipedia

The Trump travel ban (sometimes called the "Muslim ban") denotes a series of executive actions enacted by Donald Trump as President of the United States in 2017. First, Executive Order 13769 placed stringent restrictions on travel to the United States for citizens of Iran, Iraq, Libya, Somalia, Sudan, Syria, and Yemen. Following protests and legal challenges, a second order, Executive Order 13780, amen…

On December 7, 2015, as a candidate for president, Donald Trump called for "a total and complete shutdown of Muslims entering the United States until our country's representatives can figure out what the hell is going on." His comments were condemned by several of his competitors for the Republican nomination, including Chris Christie, Jeb Bush, Marc…

Ok. what does that have to do with the Chinese Virus or Inida?

That was a travel ban...and let's be clear it wasn't a total ban...it allowed people to go to and from those countries...but was dealing with nations overrun by Civil War, or Terrorist that could not properly process Visas to ensure terrorist weren't coming over.

It really has zero to do with the topic.

What trade deals?

Post a link to one

Did you read that link?

I always have.

Nah, he took out useless ones that only added to the cost of production, and made things harder on small businesses, and farmers. Frankly, when you are willing to sign off on a trade agreement with the biggest enviromental threat in the world, China, and not address anything to do with the enviroment...why do you care about those regs? Or is it, you only care because you want to harm the small US businesses and farmers?
Nah, Trump eliminated environmental regulations for profit and he doesn't care about small businesses, etc. Of course, elimination of regulations make it easier for business to pollute, yes?
We can only affect our environment. Does it make any sense to hurt small business and farmers? Nobody wants that to happen, but the public welfare must be protected. The blob attacked the auto industry for not agreeing to eliminate their efforts to increase gas mileage as was required. Research it.
Trump did not care about the environment and neither do you. He eliminated regulations across the board and not just certain ones.

POOF!

What allies?

niet.

So just stop already

hahaha

Nope, the Chinese is virus is merely a virus...it doesn't care about your race...Xiden is the bigot

Yes, I care about India...I care about people. I am not a racist bigot like your Dear Leader Chairman Xiden.

India is having a severe third wave of covid. .. and India is racing to save people.. They won't be traveling anywhere until the virus is on the wane.. That's not racism, moron... That's how you deal with epidemics.

Forum List

Back