Biden for Obama's VP?

msnbc.com Video Player

I hope this is true. Really. Nothing will alienate Clinton's base farther than selecting Biden.

Personally, I think should Obama get elected, Biden would serve more effectively as SecState ...

I'm curious why a Biden choice would drastically alienate Clinton's base?

Is it because he's an old white guy?

Or maybe because he wasn't a Hillary supporter?

Or maybe because he wasn't a Hillary supporter?

Not only was he not a supporter, but he was downright criticized her on several occasions.

If Obama was ever considering Hillary as VP to solidify her base in the general election, Biden would be the exact opposite of that.

Bayh would be a much better choice to getting the Hillary voters on board.

Not only was he not a supporter, but he was downright criticized her on several occasions.

If Obama was ever considering Hillary as VP to solidify her base in the general election, Biden would be the exact opposite of that.

Bayh would be a much better choice to getting the Hillary voters on board.

You may be right about Bayh being more Hillary supporter friendly ... so what do you expect ... ads of Joe Biden criticizing Hillary to get folks to not go to the polls ... lol ... if the GOP has to streeeeeeeeeeeeeeeetch that far ... then they've already lost ... you are overexaggerating the Hillary effect I think ... once the race really heats up she'll be a distant memory.

If you think Hillary will EVER be a distant memory in this race, you've lost your mind.

Hillary supporters are key to Obama winning this race. If they start moving to McCain, Obama may as well give up. And, luckily, a lot of us did lean McCain, and more and more are each day.

The GOP won't have to point out that Biden hates Clinton. He'll be nice enough to do that for them.

If you think Hillary will EVER be a distant memory in this race, you've lost your mind.

Hillary supporters are key to Obama winning this race. If they start moving to McCain, Obama may as well give up. And, luckily, a lot of us did lean McCain, and more and more are each day.

The GOP won't have to point out that Biden hates Clinton. He'll be nice enough to do that for them.

Yes, I do think that once the race heats up we wont be hearing about Hillary ... it was be Obama v. McCain ... if Hillary is somehow made an issue it wont be from her former "supporters" ... the vast majority will fall in line and vote Obama ... if an issue is made of Hillary it will be from the right wing noise machine or some vehement Hillary supporters ... either way they will be viewed as the fringe by the time November rolls around ... the key to Obama winning the race is doing one better than Kerry did ... i.e. win more electoral votes ... and it's looking pretty good for just that to happen.

If you've been paying attention, he's lost a lot of ground, and continues to lose more each passing day.

If you've been paying attention, he's lost a lot of ground, and continues to lose more each passing day.

Actually things have about leveled off ...

0813_super.PNG

FiveThirtyEight.com: Electoral Projections Done Right

(great site BTW)

Clinton's base will vote Obama. Just like Huckabee's base will be voting McCain.

Of course Huckabee's base will vote McCain. On the conservative-liberal spectrum, it looks something like this:

<-----------Conservative--------------Liberal------------->

Huckabee-----------------McCain-----Clinton-------Obama

Huckabee supporters have nowhere else to go, unless they just stay home. Clinton supporters actually do have somewhere else to go if Obama is too much for them.

If I remember the polls correctly, some 30% of Clinton supporters said they would endorse McCain if Obama were the nominee. I think that number has turned out to be pretty accurate. I read another poll recently where something like 27% of former Clinton supporters were now backing McCain. I'll have to find it.

Last edited:
Hey, Sanders, I've been wondering, since I've never actually seen a Clinton-to-McCain voter (although apparently it's about 20%, which seems like a lot), what were the main issues that you supported Clinton for and why move over to McCain?

I'm just kinda curious. Sorry I'm digressing from the thread. (Admittedly, Biden's a pretty boring choice).

I'm still available for that VP post.

I'm sitting by my phone waiting..waiting..waiting.

Come on Obamaites, I really need the health care, I look smashing in a suit, I'm extreme photogenic, and since being a VP is a sort of nothing job, I've got years of experience doing nothing, too.

Consider this my hat thrown in the ring.

feel bad for the poor individual who would run with barack hussein obama. way to end your political career.

It's a long way to the election.

McCain is 72 years old and on 5 different medications. If you listen to his speeches, you can tell that he is starting to lose it.

Forum List

Back