BIDEN FLASHBACK: Launching an Attack Without Congressional Approval is an Impeachable

you are not real;ly bright are you .

to bring you up to date , we are part of NATO and the UN , this is their action .

wow

So the UN has the power to send in US warships and launch 500 million dollars worth of US Tommahawk Missels?? Really? Who fucking knew? I didn't

as long as we still belong to it .

Wrong. They can agree it needs to be done but we don't follow their orders.. you are an idiot.

well now, I guess that is ONLY if you are a Republican President.:eusa_whistle:

SNIP:
In 2007, then Sen. Joe Biden appeared on MSNBC’s Hardball and said launching an attack without congressional approval is an impeachable offense. This flashback comes on the heels of Obama launching an attack on Libya without congressional approval.

Biden said:

I want to stand by that comment I made. The reason I made that comment is a warning. The reason, I don’t say those things lightly, Chris, you’ve known me for a long time. I was chairman of the Judiciary committee for 17 years or its ranking member. I teach separation of powers and constitutional law. This is something I know. So I got together and brought a group of Constitutional scholars together and write a piece I’m going to deliver to the whole United States Senate in pointing out the president has no Constitutional authority to take this nation to war against a country of 70 million people unless we’re attacked, or unless there is proof that we are about to be attacked. If he does, I would move to impeach him. The House obviously has to do that– but I would lead an effort to impeach him. The reason for my doing that- I don’t say it lightly, I don’t say it lightly.

video and the rest at.
http://blog.eyeblast.tv/2011/03/bid...ressional-approval-is-an-impeachable-offense/

Wasn't an impeachable offense then, and it is not one now. Obama is a raging Hippocrate, but with in his rights as president to act.

you are not real;ly bright are you .

to bring you up to date , we are part of NATO and the UN , this is their action .

wow

So the UN has the power to send in US warships and launch 500 million dollars worth of US Tommahawk Missels?? Really? Who fucking knew? I didn't

? You think the UN has the power to compel the US to do anything? If that were true the UN, and our signing on to it, would be a blatant violation of the US constitution. No treaty or membership of ours, can trump the US constitution and our National Sovereignty.

If you truly believe what you said, you are an idiot. The founding fathers would have tarred and feathered you.

Wrong. They can agree it needs to be done but we don't follow their orders.. you are an idiot.

can't argue about my intellect , but your a bitch , you don't care about people being slaughtered ? well they aren't us ! , OK but this was not about anything but the Arab league asking for help there and humanitarian action .
you must be a christian to be that heartless ,
this is not an act of agresion like Iraq was

You deffinitely don't see me sticking up for Obama or Biden on this one. If it was an impeachable offense then, it's the same offense now. I would venture to say the majority of Progressives agree with that statement. And I know Kucinich does.

You're in the minority. Remember the rule for progressives: "Thou Shalt Not speak Ill of Obama."

That a joke? Obviously you haven't ventured very far into Progressive circles, huh? Many of my Liberal friends agree that this is an impeachable offense, and I agree. Obama has completely lost me. The first time I'm able to vote, I probably won't vote. He's walked over his base one too many times.

where do you get your information from ? your an idiot . we have a treaty , oh wait you don't believe in treaties .

You deffinitely don't see me sticking up for Obama or Biden on this one. If it was an impeachable offense then, it's the same offense now. I would venture to say the majority of Progressives agree with that statement. And I know Kucinich does.

You're in the minority. Remember the rule for progressives: "Thou Shalt Not speak Ill of Obama."

Plenty of us disagree with plenty of what Obama had done, including this. But don't let facts get in the way of the picture you're trying to paint.

Joe Biden couldn't lead himself out of the shit house with out having left a trail of bread crumbs to the exit...

where do you get your information from ? your an idiot . we have a treaty , oh wait you don't believe in treaties .

Save your breath. Willow and Stephanie are easily 2 of the 5 dumbest people on this site. Willow HATES government handouts but is herself on Social Security and Medicare. You figure that one out.

can't argue about my intellect , but your a bitch , you don't care about people being slaughtered ? well they aren't us ! , OK but this was not about anything but the Arab league asking for help there and humanitarian action .
you must be a christian to be that heartless ,
this is not an act of agresion like Iraq was

Oh shut the fuck up man. Iraq had the same Compelling Humanitarian Reasons to act (25 Million killed by saddam).

Iraq had more Nations behind it than this action does.

Iraq had a UN mandated No fly zone, enforced mostly by us, for 12 years. one that, in the south at least was rather ineffective at stopping Saddam from slaughtering his people.

I support this action in Libya, but to try and say it is not an act of aggression and Iraq was is sheer stupidity.

That a joke? Obviously you haven't ventured very far into Progressive circles, huh? Many of my Liberal friends agree that this is an impeachable offense, and I agree. Obama has completely lost me. The first time I'm able to vote, I probably won't vote. He's walked over his base one too many times.

You are right, some on the far left are saying that. But in here, aside from you and a few others. Most liberals are defending Obama, and trying to explain how it is different this time.

well now, I guess that is ONLY if you are a Republican President.:eusa_whistle:

SNIP:
In 2007, then Sen. Joe Biden appeared on MSNBC’s Hardball and said launching an attack without congressional approval is an impeachable offense. This flashback comes on the heels of Obama launching an attack on Libya without congressional approval.

Biden said:

I want to stand by that comment I made. The reason I made that comment is a warning. The reason, I don’t say those things lightly, Chris, you’ve known me for a long time. I was chairman of the Judiciary committee for 17 years or its ranking member. I teach separation of powers and constitutional law. This is something I know. So I got together and brought a group of Constitutional scholars together and write a piece I’m going to deliver to the whole United States Senate in pointing out the president has no Constitutional authority to take this nation to war against a country of 70 million people unless we’re attacked, or unless there is proof that we are about to be attacked. If he does, I would move to impeach him. The House obviously has to do that– but I would lead an effort to impeach him. The reason for my doing that- I don’t say it lightly, I don’t say it lightly.

video and the rest at.
http://blog.eyeblast.tv/2011/03/bid...ressional-approval-is-an-impeachable-offense/
It absolutely is and Obama should be impeached.

How can you tell when a politician is lying? His lips are moving. No one is going to hold old Joe's feet to the fire and BHO is just saying this is a training exercise so we don't get rusty.

Save your breath. Willow and Stephanie are easily 2 of the 5 dumbest people on this site. Willow HATES government handouts but is herself on Social Security and Medicare. You figure that one out.

lol, that sure had a LOT to do with what this thread about. just couldn't help yourself, eh.:cuckoo:

SS and Medicare is not a handout, it is something we have prepaid for and we are not getting our value either. I am guessing that you don't work so you don't pay. SS is one of the worst investments I have ever made and I was forced to do it by my Uncle Sam.

SS and Medicare is not a handout, it is something we have prepaid for and we are not getting our value either. I am guessing that you don't work so you don't pay. SS is one of the worst investments I have ever made and I was forced to do it by my Uncle Sam.

Yup, you're right, I don't work and I want you to pay for everything for me so I can sit at home and watch Maury.

Forum List

Back