Biden and Buttigieg Say You Can Keep Your Health-Care Plan. They’re Lying — Just Like Obama

Democrats can't be honest or they would never win an election....

So all you can remember one tiny misstatement from Obama, I bet you can't remember all the daily lies from Tramp!!

Never get attached to your doctor, they die, move, or change networks, even retire.
See...That is what your problem is...you rail against Trump for lying about the color of his shoes while you give a pass to Obama for lying about your healthcare....and stop belittling the loss of ones doctor...I lost my doctor after 30 years of being with him...he is still in practice but not with my healthcare plan that has changed 7 times in 6 years....you are out of touch with the vast majority of citizens....

Just like Obama’s false promise 10 years ago, the Biden-Buttigieg promise that you can keep your plan is a lie.
I don't think Obama ever said you can keep your plan if you choose. He said you can keep your doc, not your plan. It was the docs who chose to opt out. The whole purpose of the ACA was to insure Americans with a plan better than the el cheapo plans that covered almost nothing and ACA also banned the practice of denying coverage if you get real sick with pre-existing illness.
I think he sorta said both.
Obama: 'If you like your health care plan, you'll be able to keep your health care plan' | PolitiFact

But he assumed no one would want "nothing" coverage. And there's the other issue of whether we really want 26yr olds to subsidize older people's insurance.

But I was going to post this quote from Pelosi. I'll take her at face value as meaning she'd really like a fair comparison of whether Obamacare subsidized policies can compete with Medicare … when the true costs of what is subsidized is disclosed.

https://edition.cnn.com/2019/12/05/politics/nancy-pelosi-obamacare-medicare-for-all/index.html

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opin...l&utm_source=Newsletter&wpisrc=nl_most&wpmm=1

Just like Obama’s false promise 10 years ago, the Biden-Buttigieg promise that you can keep your plan is a lie. As Seema Verma, head of the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services, has explained, “the public option is a Trojan horse with single-payer hiding inside.” Verma points out that private insurance pays hospitals 75 percent more than Medicare for the same services. In 2017, for example, Medicare underpaid hospitals by $54 billion. They make up the lost revenue by charging private insurers more — which means private plans are essentially subsidizing Medicare for seniors.

But if tens of millions of Americans under 65 sign up for a public option, the population requiring subsidies will expand dramatically, while the source of private revenue will dry up. To stay afloat, doctors and hospitals will have to charge even higher prices to private insurers, which in turn will force insurers to raise prices and reduce services — making it harder for them to compete with the government for customers. A death spiral for private insurance will ensue. The higher private insurance premiums go, the more people will be pushed into the public option — until eventually the private option all but disappears.

In other words, the end result of Medicare-for-all and “Medicare for All Who Want It” is exactly the same: the elimination of private insurance.

A good article, read all of it.

Here's the thing, though. Private health insurance costs have been skyrocketing for decades and decades. Health insurance costs are at record highs.

So private health insurance is going to fail eventually, no matter what.

Private health insurance could be saved, but the Republican party has made it very clear they have no intention of doing so.

Thus the real issue is deciding just how quickly or how slowly to let private insurance die.

It's too bad the Republican party has sold us all down the river to the Democrats and their socialized medicine plan.
My family kept our health plan just fine under Former President Obama.

Forum List

Back