Biden admits Stimulous was a failure

Typical neocon rhetorical spin here.

America voted a resounding Democratic majority in this time. That means Repubs don't get to demand anything. If they want a voice, they need to start supporting Dem programs even if it is with some intelligent debate of course.

Nobody is going to listen to them whining and obstructing like they are now.

so when repubs were in the majority you of course supported all their programs and you of course kept quiet, didn't whine and obstruct....and of course when the repubs take the majority again, you will sit down and shut up like you expect repubs to do now....

right

Of course not. Who would want to be a part of that mess? I just kept hoping that America would wake up, which they eventually did and that we would survive.

oh, you're a hypocrite, got it

Well, everyone in the Obama administration guessed wrong. There were many who saw the foolishness of the stimulus package from the beginning.

is something obscuring the obvious pattern ?

the government just takes money, as much as they can get, and then after the money is spent they say "oops, we made a mistake"

and people say " ah that damn Bush ! he's such a fucking idiot ! he made a mistake ! we gave him hundreds of billions of dollars - how stupid can he be ? "

yes, very stupid indeed. taking hundreds of billions of dollars is stupid. giving it away is smart.

and Obama - what a moron ! went from nobody to president of the United States then took TRILLIONS of our money. how stupid can he be ! and how smart for us to give the money to him knowing full well that he was a lying sack of shit and that he was just going to steal the money.

WE ARE TOO SMART !

Hey KK--Let me ask you a question

Should the government intercede with the economy, or should it ignore the economy?

Whenever the government intervenes in the market it simply makes things worse.

Cutting taxes is a form of intervening in the economy. The only difference here is that it is normally seen as a benefit due to your previous arguement. So my next question is--can tax cuts be bad?

"Then there's the argument, well, this is full of pet projects. When was the last time that we saw a bill of this magnitude move out with no earmarks in it? Not one. (Applause.)"

"Millions more Americans will lose their jobs. Homes will be lost. Families will go without health care. Our crippling dependence on foreign oil will continue. That is the price of inaction."

"I believe that legislation of this enormous magnitude, that by necessity we are moving quickly -- we're not moving quickly because we're trying to jamb something down people's throats. We're moving quickly because we're told that if we don't move quickly, that the economy is going keep on getting worse, and we'll have another 2 or 3 or 4 million jobs loss this year."

Quotes from Obama talking to Democrats about stimulus package | Geeky Weekly

The unem-
ployment rate continued to rise, increasing from 8.9 to 9.4 percent.
Steep job losses continued in manufacturing, while declines moderated
in construction and several service-providing industries.

Unemployment (Household Survey Data)

The number of unemployed persons increased by 787,000 to 14.5 million
in May, and the unemployment rate rose to 9.4 percent. Since the start
of the recession in December 2007, the number of unemployed persons has
risen by 7.0 million, and the unemployment rate has grown by 4.5 percent-
age points. (See table A-1.)
Employment Situation Summary

So given all the talk at the beginning of this bill, how then can anyone defend this? It's an abject failure as all of this bailout bills have been even dating back to the Bank Bail out from the Bush Administration. Who here thinks that credit was eased any when the TARP was passed? Did the situation in the credit markets suddenly change over night leading to more lending and business suddenly reversing course? In fact since TARP we have bailed out GM TWICE, Chrysler, AIG, all to no avail. Our economy can be fixed with the proper application of tax cuts, and deficit reduction. Even Bill Clinton understood that.

Hold it. How did the government recieve the money from the private sector?

Through taxes or the selling of treasuries? If it was through taxes, was there a tax hike?

If it is through treasuries, did the government force the buyers to take these notes on?

Now, if you are referncing the deficit that will aaccue from the stimulus, then there is one significant problem here: is it better for the government to sit on the side and leave the financial system and private markets alone in the recession. If that is the case, then the government should not cut taxes at all and still sell treasuries to cover any deficits like it has done for the past thirty years. The only difference--higher tax rate yet less treasury sold.

It doesn't matter how the government receives the money, whether it's directly or indirectly it's always taken out of the private sector. If it's borrowed from another country then that means the American taxpayer will be taxed to pay that back with interest. If it's directly taxed then that speaks for itself. If it's through inflation then the government simply robs the currency of its value. One way or the other the private sector is on the line for what the government spends.

Yes, it is better for the government to allow the recession to do what it needs to do and allow the market to correct itself. Cutting taxes is always good, but the government needs to significantly cut its spending to go along with the tax cuts.

DITTO--& that's one thing the government never seems to be able to do. CUT SPENDING.

Our government--has a no limit credit card--with our grandchildrens names on it.

There is no such thing as "fiscal responsiblity" in the federal government. They just want more-& more & more. Meaning we have less, & less & less.
When we have less expendable cash in our pockets--means our economy is going to have less--meaning less jobs--less private sector job growth.

I do not understand Americans who do not get this basic premise: BIG MASSIVE GOVERNMENT SPENDING does not equate to private sector job growth. Never has--never will.

Kennedy already said that pretty much--when the government do the spending it is only in certain sectors and, to be honest, never the entire market.

But if the recession is due to a certain key sectors, then taking on a stimulus(tax cuts, bailouts, government buyout(or what some would call "Theft") , and other themes found in left wing central planning on these sectors and right leaning forms of economic boosts to the entire marke are then entertained.

Hey KK--Let me ask you a question

Should the government intercede with the economy, or should it ignore the economy?

Whenever the government intervenes in the market it simply makes things worse.

Cutting taxes is a form of intervening in the economy. The only difference here is that it is normally seen as a benefit due to your previous arguement. So my next question is--can tax cuts be bad?

No, cutting taxes is not intervening in the market. It's allowing people to keep more of their own money.

so when repubs were in the majority you of course supported all their programs and you of course kept quiet, didn't whine and obstruct....and of course when the repubs take the majority again, you will sit down and shut up like you expect repubs to do now....

right

Of course not. Who would want to be a part of that mess? I just kept hoping that America would wake up, which they eventually did and that we would survive.

No, they're demanding to be heard, to be a part of democratic policy and yet they have nothing to add to the process. Don't you get that the Rs in congress just don't get to demand anything?

If they want to be involved in setting policy, get your guys elected.

They have plenty to contribute!! Unfortunately, they have no power. It's madness. Whatever happened to all this "CROSS THE ISLE" talk? Everything the republican representatives have put out there has been buried...fast! Most of which was never even looked at...just pushed back due to partisanship.

Apparently Biden hasn't learned anything about economics if he still says the stimulus is going to "save or create" any amount of jobs, because any job "saved or created" by the stimulus package is going to come at the expense of some other job.

How so? The Stimulus money put in to the economy was money borrowed from foreigners, so what exactly did you mean Kevin by it coming at the expense of some other job? I don't understand?

Care

Actually, since Americans have reduced their spending and increased their savings rate since the recession hit, it's being financed more and more by Americans. Does that change your analysis?
But for us retirees, prices of goods are skyrocketing while our income is stagnant. Yes, we don't spend more than we have to simply because we don't have it to spend. Savings? Forget it.

No, they're demanding to be heard, to be a part of democratic policy and yet they have nothing to add to the process. Don't you get that the Rs in congress just don't get to demand anything?

they are elected, as long as there is one person representing me in the house and senate, i expect them to represent...

you're a political hack that believes repubs should sit down and be quiet simply because they are not a majority, but you admit that if the dems were in the minority, you would not sit down and be quiet. you will do exactly as the dems did when the repubs were in power, whine and bitch and obstruct, the same things you are accusign the repubs of doing. you have no intellectual honesty.

they are elected, as long as there is one person representing me in the house and senate, i expect them to represent...

you're a political hack that believes repubs should sit down and be quiet simply because they are not a majority, but you admit that if the dems were in the minority, you would not sit down and be quiet. you will do exactly as the dems did when the repubs were in power, whine and bitch and obstruct, the same things you are accusign the repubs of doing. you have no intellectual honesty.

And you're just upset that you have nobody who can push your political agenda through. After being given a huge chance with political control of congress and the WH, Republicans are no longer trusted.

You seem woefully ignorant about how this works. You can either rail against everything the opposition raises or you can join hands on issues with an exchange of ideas. The minority party does not get to set policy unless they decide to work with the majority.

Make sense?

And you're just upset that you have nobody who can push your political agenda through. After being given a huge chance with political control of congress and the WH, Republicans are no longer trusted.

You seem woefully ignorant about how this works. You can either rail against everything the opposition raises or you can join hands on issues with an exchange of ideas. The minority party does not get to set policy unless they decide to work with the majority.

Make sense?

now you're twisting the topic away...i never claimed the minority will get or deserves to get their agenda through...why don't you stop being an intellectual fibber....

you are a hypocrite that will not be quiet when your party is a minority but you expect others to be quiet. you're the very definition of a hack...like i said, even if one republican is in washington, they have a duty to represent, period. cynthia mckinney is was probably one of the few or only green party rep in washington....did you tell her shut up and not to represent green party interests?

all your whining to the contrary is pure partisan rhetoric that is absolutely against our way of government.

Make sense?

now you're twisting the topic away...i never claimed the minority will get or deserves to get their agenda through...why don't you stop being an intellectual fibber....

you are a hypocrite that will not be quiet when your party is a minority but you expect others to be quiet. you're the very definition of a hack...like i said, even if one republican is in washington, they have a duty to represent, period. cynthia mckinney is was probably one of the few or only green party rep in washington....did you tell her shut up and not to represent green party interests?

all your whining to the contrary is pure partisan rhetoric that is absolutely against our way of government.

The only one attempting to tell someone to sit down and shut up is you attempting to tell me.

Bite me.

Make sense?

The only one attempting to tell someone to sit down and shut up is you attempting to tell me.

Bite me.

weirdo.jpg

Pure spin. You don't even get a gold star for effort, since that is NOT what Biden said, nor meant.
You win the prise for the stupiest post in the thread.

Not surprising as i find you to be quite the partisan hack.

It's EXACTLY what he said and meant, using DC speak, as everyone but YOU have clearly seen.

Forum List

Back