Biblical reference on sights

RetiredGySgt

Diamond Member
May 6, 2007
North Carolina
Just saw a video about how a company has been putting biblical refrences on military optical sights for years now. And of course the spin on how this was just horrible.

Sorry have difficulty copying video only stories so no link at the moment it is on Yahoo, maybe one of you smarter people can link it?

Haven't seen a video, but here's a link to the story:

Wixom company defends Biblical references on rifle sights | detnews.com | The Detroit News

I'm not really sure what to make of this: Religious inscriptions in inappropriate places have always just confused me. (Like on the bottom of In-N-Out Burger cups). Does it make the company feel better about making gun sights? Is it supposed to make soldiers more confortable to shoot people, knowing that the bible is on their side?

Really, I don't think I really care about this issue at the moment.

They have been doing it for some time,
Im sure they will change it to Quran quotes before to long.

Of course. Right after we're subjected to sharia law, and all women are made to wear burkahs.

Isn't that what Obama was going to do, right after he got elected?

...Or was he gonna lock up all the conservatives in FEMA camps? I forget.

Of course. Right after we're subjected to sharia law, and all women are made to wear burkahs.

Isn't that what Obama was going to do, right after he got elected?

...Or was he gonna lock up all the conservatives in FEMA camps? I forget.

No, according to Terrel he was gonna lock us ALL up in FEMA camps. Of course that was last year maybe Terrel will claim this year that he is gonna nuke all the cities or some shit.

Failed predictions of Terrels, Lock everyone up under Martial Law, Swine flu would mutate and with the FORCED vaccinations of tainted serum billions would die. Lets see what he comes up with in the new year shall we?

You raise an interesting point...I'm quite confident that the people who consider the inscriptions inappropriate would feel that way regardless of which Holy Book the they came from. But would the people defending the company also have defended them if it was verses from the Koran? I doubt it.

if you're not a Christian then 2COR822 or JN614 means nothing to you. So what's the problem? I think the liberals just want to show how tolerant of Christians they are.

if you're not a Christian then 2COR822 or JN614 means nothing to you. So what's the problem? I think the liberals just want to show how tolerant of Christians they are.

Just the fact that they are on the scopes means something to the opposition though.
It somewhat validates their claim of a religious war. In their eyes anyway.

Putting scripture references on weaposs is a bit sick to me anyway.

The company should lose their military contract.

Just the kind of IDIOCY I expected, thanks for proving me correct once again.

They are violating the general order against promoting Christianity.
And giving validation to the opposition. From the oppositions viewpoint.

Moron, there is a reason that company is making the sights. So let me get this right? In regards armor for Hummers in Iraq you were all for stringing Bush up for not having foreseen a need for something the army never even thought of, BUT with regards the very sights that go on all our weapons you want to cut off the only source that passed the field tests? I got that about right?

Just the kind of IDIOCY I expected, thanks for proving me correct once again.

Moron, there is a reason that company is making the sights. So let me get this right? In regards armor for Hummers in Iraq you were all for stringing Bush up for not having foreseen a need for something the army never even thought of, BUT with regards the very sights that go on all our weapons you want to cut off the only source that passed the field tests? I got that about right?

all the references could be ground off and further scripture references be forbidden on any weapons.
A recall thing.
If they refuse then start finding another supplier.

Is the purpose of the inscription to help Christian soldiers kill Muslims?

The Government should pull the contract

all the references could be ground off and further scripture references be forbidden on any weapons.
A recall thing.

Keep proving you are as stupid as you seem. You support giving our combat troops second hand equipment because you do not like a serial number.

A recall thing.

Keep proving you are as stupid as you seem. You support giving our combat troops second hand equipment because you do not like a serial number.

Removing the inscription/stamping is makes it second hand equipment?

LOL in Nam I used a Colt .45 from 1940's.

Spin much do ya?

A recall thing.

Spin much do ya?

You keep insisting they lose their contract. Or shall I HIGHLIGHT that part of each of your posts cause you are to stupid to remember what you say?

Spin much do ya?

You keep insisting they lose their contract. Or shall I HIGHLIGHT that part of each of your posts cause you are to stupid to remember what you say?

You keep missing my points as well. So welcome to the stupid club.

Forum List

Back