Bible Verses on Homosexuality

No, not after the killing of the first born of the Egyptians...
Yeah even before that, sodom and gamorha, as if there was only one good family in those cities, or even before that, when the earth was supposedly flooded. Hmm God of genocide, murder, jealousy, anger. Makes me feel all warm inside. From that to a God of love and forgiveness unless you are gay, as christians now say. How can anyone equate the two as being the same God? Reading it and as christians say it was written by a divine hand, there is nothing all knowing about either God or if they are the same He evolved and quickly by biblical standards. Sigh what people want to believe because it was tradition instead of thought is dangerous.

Anyway ( to the OP) it doesn't matter what a hate filled book of death says. Live your life, let others live theirs, because gays can now marry will not affect your marriage. Marriage is between you and your spouse and whatever God or no God you believe in. I never understood why christians want to control people's bedrooms and lives, it is not attacking churches if less then 2 % of the population marries it is silly to argue when the energy should be used to help people. Besides Christians are not the only religion in America. Totally silly this whole argument was. I am glad it is over.

I have news for you. God doesn't "owe" us anything.
He's perfect, we're not.
His grace and mercy allows us a place in Heaven as his children.

If you don't believe this, you should just say "God doesn't exist" and move on. You can't define God to fit your purposes.
Ok I will define God as laid out in the bible. God said lets create man in "our image". Implying that there are other gods, because the Angels have a variety of forms with multiple faces. Man and woman he created them... Also implying that God is both sexes a hermaphadite. And separated the sexes making two instead of one. Yet he is referred to as "he" all the time. So either he is a hermaphadite which he separated both sexes into different forms or he is actually a "he" and since there are no mention of female gods nor female Angels then all of heaven is filled with males or hermaphadites. That does not sound heavenly to me but let's go on. So God must be a hermaphadite with both sexes. Interesting to say the least. But we were formed in their image, so there are more then one God, even the first commandment implies that there are more then one God, thou shalt not worship another God before me, he did not say there are no other gods only that we should only follow him. So your God is a hermaphadite with other hermaphadite gods similar to him. And that he is not the only God out there, by his own accounting, all very interesting.

And if you say God was sexless, then I will point you to genesis 6 in which it speaks of the sons of God, and if you say I cannot take that literally then I will say that it is a part of Noah's flood and if I cannot take the sons of God literally as being gods children then why should I take the flood literally. Or does he only do a few literal things that are part of the same story? In which case I assume that is why christians pick and choose what to follow and what to believe in their bible.

Dear TimothysAlaska
The point is to be UNCONDITIONAL where our interpretation does not depend on any CONDITION that God is male or female or Jesus was historical or spiritual or water baptism is or isn't necessary for salvation etc etc.

When we stick to interpretations that are true REGARDLESS of these differences,
then THAT is universal.

If you want to pick apart Gender and God, you can point to Proverbs that talks about the voice of Wisdom as a Woman. Wisdom is one of the oldest names for God. And it is usually Female like "Sophia"
Wisdom as a name for God appears 10 times more often in the Bible than God the Father which came later.

In truth, people have both male and female energy, and being made in the image of God would mean the spiritual collective level God represents is also both male and female sides working in harmony. As in Father Time and Mother Nature. The Law symbolized as the Husband and the role that Christ fulfills, and the Bride or People or the Church body or human family where we the people embody the spirit. The point is NOT to divide and nitpick over these "dualities" but to seek harmony and partnership between them so they work TOGETHER.

You can compare contrast and analyze how these "complement" each other, but there is no need for conflict.
All the instruments in an orchestra are different, they complement each other, but they should not be forced to clash and make discord. The point is to coordinate, their different designs sounds and ranges, so they make harmony.

Everyone knows what sin is and isn't.
It's pointless to have this discussion, because, people are going to find ways to justify their sin and cling to their sins like children.

God himself could come down, prove himself and state it, but they would still deny it by rationalization.

It's pointless to have this discussion, because, people are going to find ways to justify their sin and cling to their sins like children.

God himself could come down, prove himself and state it, but they would still deny it by rationalization.

There are many people who have no clue what sin is.

sin, like hate and lies?

"Everyone knows what sin is and isn't. It's pointless to have this discussion."

Clearly not a Jew. :) Whole of modern Judaism would collapse if we quit asking why this is a sin, why that isn't a sin and formed a consensus. :)

sin, like hate and lies?

There is nothing wrong with hating - you should hate sin. (but not the sinner - you should never HATE people)
God hates a liar.

"Everyone knows what sin is and isn't. It's pointless to have this discussion."

Clearly not a Jew. :) Whole of modern Judaism would collapse if we quit asking why this is a sin, why that isn't a sin and formed a consensus. :)

No, I am a Christian.

I think when you have the Holy Spirit living in you, he can tell you what is sin and what is not, from revelation in Bible reading or in prayer and thought.

I also think most people inherently know (because we are God's creation) what is sin and what is not. Otherwise people would not try so hard to defend their sin.

God hates just about everyone and everything. But what I want to know is why the Bible Bangers harp on homos as though they are the only sinners out there? Why not protest people working on the Sabbath or picket people eating shellfish in the summer or have screeds against people wearing polycotton blends? Theft, adultery, coveting, where are the fundie churches complaining about those? They are all sins, just as equal in angering God as two dudes buttfucking and wanting to be together.

sin, like hate and lies?

There is nothing wrong with hating - you should hate sin. (but not the sinner - you should never HATE people)
God hates a liar.

"...hate hypocrisy; hate can't; hate intolerance, oppression, injustice, pharisaism; hate them as Christ hated them - with a deep abiding, God-like hatred" ~ F. W. Robertson

Maybe you can learn a few thing from the good divine

God hates just about everyone and everything. But what I want to know is why the Bible Bangers harp on homos as though they are the only sinners out there?
They don't. You're an idiot. I went to churches for 20 years and maybe heard it twice along with other biblical sins mentioned. Go back to HuffPo or wherever you get your disinformation.

No, not after the killing of the first born of the Egyptians...

all the other dead from the first nine plagues don't matter?

God kept telling pharaoh, through moses, to let his people go. All those chances to save lives
You could have just put them into a coma...

The plagues were against specific gods of the Egyptians, not just randomness
The events served to be types of Christ.

Forum List

Back