Bible Study Matthew Chapter 1

teapartysamurai

Gold Member
Mar 27, 2010
Matthew 1
1The book of the generation of Jesus Christ, the son of David, the son of Abraham.
Psalm 132:11 (King James Version)

11The LORD hath sworn in truth unto David; he will not turn from it; Of the fruit of thy body will I set upon thy throne.

Psalms Chapter 132 (Tanakh)
11 HaShem swore unto David in truth; He will not turn back from it: 'Of the fruit of thy body will I set upon thy throne.

Jeremiah 23:5 (King James Version)

5Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will raise unto David a righteous Branch, and a King shall reign and prosper, and shall execute judgment and justice in the earth.

Jeremiah Chapter 23 (Tanakh)
5 Behold, the days come, saith HaShem, that I will raise unto David a righteous shoot, and he shall reign as king and prosper, and shall execute justice and righteousness in the land.

Acts 2:30 (King James Version)
because she was barren; and HaShem let Himself be entreated of him, and Rebekah his wife conceived.

Immanuel is also a town in Israel, near Ariel. For other articles, please see Emanuel (disambiguation). Immanuel or Emmanuel or Imanu'el (עִמָּנוּאֵל "God [is] with us" consists of two Hebrew words: אל (El, meaning 'God') and עמנו (Immanu, meaning 'with us'); Standard Hebrew Immanuel, Tiberian Hebrew Immāēl).

24Then Joseph being raised from sleep did as the angel of the Lord had bidden him, and took unto him his wife:

25And knew her not till she had brought forth her firstborn son: and he called his name JESUS.

Edited for length

there wasn't anyone named jesus. jesus latin. the name of the child who was supposedly jesus was jeshua.

and jeshua didn't meet the prophesies. what was supposed to happen prior to the coming of the messiah has not happened; and what was supposed to happen after has not happened.

and is there some point to this thread?

Last edited:
Matthew 1
1The book of the generation of Jesus Christ, the son of David, the son of Abraham.
Psalm 132:11 (King James Version)

11The LORD hath sworn in truth unto David; he will not turn from it; Of the fruit of thy body will I set upon thy throne.

Psalms Chapter 132 (Tanakh)
11 HaShem swore unto David in truth; He will not turn back from it: 'Of the fruit of thy body will I set upon thy throne.
]

Also, jesus was not the son of David.

I am not sure what point you are trying to make from each passage, but I'll be happy to take it one at a time, if you show me how you are distorting it please?

Forum List

Back