Bible in which 'Jesus predicts coming of Prophet Muhammad' unearthed

Is this the same New Testament where Jesus calls a Palestinian a dog? LOL

You know, that verse always bugs the shit out of me. I have a pastor who once explained it, but like most other sermons the answer has kind of been forgotten.

Immie

The problem is with religious people that they so blindly believe that their story is the real one , they would never open their mind to something new.
That basically what happens when you believe in a book that says :"Don't think for yourself , I'll tell you what happened and if you don't believe me you'll go to hell. "

If Jesus would come down from the havens today,and said "Well Christians, you know you are wrong , and Muslims are actually right." Fundumantel Christians would not believe it ... Same thing would happen to Muslims and Jews if Mohammad or the Messiah would down from the heavens and say they were wrong.

This is why in my opinion , no religion could be 'right' and every believer who thinks his religion is 'right' is outright arrogant.

The problem is with religious people that they so blindly believe that their story is the real one , they would never open their mind to something new.
Based on your statement; you are the arrogent person, and have no idea what you are talking about.

I was a devout Christian for many years.

With an open mind I started studying Islam; and eventually converted. :cool:

That basically what happens when you believe in a book that says :"Don't think for yourself , I'll tell you what happened and if you don't believe me you'll go to hell. "

If Jesus would come down from the havens today,and said "Well Christians, you know you are wrong , and Muslims are actually right." Fundumantel Christians would not believe it ... Same thing would happen to Muslims and Jews if Mohammad or the Messiah would down from the heavens and say they were wrong.

This is why in my opinion , no religion could be 'right' and every believer who thinks his religion is 'right' is outright arrogant.

The problem with your whole assumption is that it is an assumption. You are assuming that religious people blindly believe. I have found that the truely religious don't blindly do anything. When you exercise faith in God, it isn't blind.

My personal experiences with God aren't blind. I started off not knowing whether there was a God or not, so I experimented on the Word. And through countless personal experiences with the Holy Spirit I know that there is a God. My prayers have been answered so many times that I don't pray blindly. I pray knowing that God will hear my prayers, even if He doesn't give me the answer I want. I can completely rely on the fact that God can heal me and others because I've experienced Him healing me and I've seen Him heal others.

Are we blindly believing the sun will rise in the morning? Or have we lived along enough and have a sufficient understanding of how the earth rotates that we can believe with confidence that the Sun will rise tomorrow?

Faith in God is confident, not blind.

Interesting archeological find.

Ironic that we have to have a theology debate now.

No doubt people whose underlying faith is challenged by this will cast it off as illegitimate while clinging to tenants of their own faith that are laid out on similar archeological finds.

Of course they will.

You sound like you would expect something else.

I dont think you really grasp the meaning of the word 'faith'.

Now, as to the second part, no, the tenants of the main stream dogmas are not based on archeological finds. They are based on an inherited system of thought and behavior that long predates the earliest manuscripts in all three Abrahamic faiths.

So, what you are saying is that Matthew's style of presenting a testimony includes writing about events that he later states he has no first hand knowledge about?

Actually, Mark and Luke did the same thing(writing about the birth of christ plus other events that occured before they met Jesus). John did not.

Matthew, Mark and Luke were compilations of eye witness testimony that the church community had in verbal form for decades and that these Gospel writers then wrote down for posterity, guided by the Holy Spirit, IMO.

Oral histories are known to be more reliable than accounts recorded by eye witnesses.

Based on your statement; you are the arrogent person, and have no idea what you are talking about.

Satan loves open minds.

Satan loves open minds.

Then why do so many of his servants have such closed ones?

Satan loves open minds.

That's how they wind up falling out....

:eusa_whistle:

Wow! How crazy does one have to be to actually CONVERT to Islam in this day and age. Islam the religion of intolerance, chauvanism, violence, persecution, terrorism, anti democracy etc. So tell us, did your conversion occur IN PRISON? It seems like that's a big recruitment target for Islam. Criminals, convicts, murderers, rapists, thieves, etc, you know, just like "Mohammad's" Jihadist THUGS back in the old days!

Wow! How crazy does one have to be to actually CONVERT to Islam in this day and age. Islam the religion of intolerance, chauvanism, violence, persecution, terrorism, anti democracy etc. So tell us, did your conversion occur IN PRISON? It seems like that's a big recruitment target for Islam. Criminals, convicts, murderers, rapists, thieves, etc, you know, just like "Mohammad's" Jihadist THUGS back in the old days!

Maybe he just found something in it that rang true to his soul.

I just have one question. In order to be considered eligible for Islamic conversion, do you get higher marks if you are a murderer? How about if there are aggravating circumstances, such as rape or robbery and then murder, do you then become eligible for become an IMAM?!:welcome:

I just have one question. In order to be considered eligible for Islamic conversion, do you get higher marks if you are a murderer? How about if there are aggravating circumstances, such as rape or robbery and then murder, do you then become eligible for become an IMAM?!:welcome:

I dont think you need marks to be considered for conversion. In fact, I think all you really have to do is say a line.

So you wasn't so devoted after all then , eh ?

the problem is with religious people that they so blindly believe that their story is the real one , they would never open their mind to something new.
That basically what happens when you believe in a book that says :"don't think for yourself , i'll tell you what happened and if you don't believe me you'll go to hell. "

if jesus would come down from the havens today,and said "well christians, you know you are wrong , and muslims are actually right." fundumantel christians would not believe it ... Same thing would happen to muslims and jews if mohammad or the messiah would down from the heavens and say they were wrong.

the problem with your whole assumption is that it is an assumption. You are assuming that religious people blindly believe. I have found that the truely religious don't blindly do anything. When you exercise faith in god, it isn't blind.

My personal experiences with god aren't blind. I started off not knowing whether there was a god or not, so i experimented on the word. And through countless personal experiences with the holy spirit i know that there is a god. My prayers have been answered so many times that i don't pray blindly. I pray knowing that god will hear my prayers, even if he doesn't give me the answer i want. I can completely rely on the fact that god can heal me and others because i've experienced him healing me and i've seen him heal others.

Are we blindly believing the sun will rise in the morning? Or have we lived along enough and have a sufficient understanding of how the earth rotates that we can believe with confidence that the sun will rise tomorrow?

Faith in god is confident, not blind.

the problem with your whole assumption is that it is an assumption. You are assuming that religious people blindly believe. I have found that the truely religious don't blindly do anything. When you exercise faith in god, it isn't blind.
You see ,the whole concept of faith means you are not actually sure of the thing you have faith in ... that's why they called it faith, and not facts.
When someone asks you , did you lock the door , and you answer "I believe I did" that means you are not sure.

Blind faith means that you believe in something so hard that you forget that you can't actually know for sure. Blind faith is what happens when a person starts viewing his faith as a fact. This aspect of faith is true to many religious people, as they are viewing the things they believe in as a fact.

My personal experiences with god aren't blind. I started off not knowing whether there was a god or not, so i experimented on the word. And through countless personal experiences with the holy spirit i know that there is a god. My prayers have been answered so many times that i don't pray blindly. I pray knowing that god will hear my prayers, even if he doesn't give me the answer i want. I can completely rely on the fact that god can heal me and others because i've experienced him healing me and i've seen him heal others.
I would like to point out that I didn't say god does not exist, I don't know if he exists or doesn't exists, nobody does.

In my opinion there is an extremely huge leap between "There is a god" to "There is a god , and he would only be nice to you if you join my club, and if you ever leave my club you will burn in Hell."

My prayers have been answered so many times that i don't pray blindly. I pray knowing that god will hear my prayers, even if he doesn't give me the answer i want.
So, if he answers your prayers it is a proof of god , and if he doesn't answer them it's also a proof of god ?

Are we blindly believing the sun will rise in the morning? Or have we lived along enough and have a sufficient understanding of how the earth rotates that we can believe with confidence that the sun will rise tomorrow?
We do not blindly believe that the sun will rise in the morning. That's my whole point,we know for sure that it will, because we know how gravity works , and how the Earth rotates we know with exact certainty that the sun will rise in the morning , knowing that does not require faith.
We can predict precisely when the sun will rise ,how long the day would be and how long the night would be, all of those are scientific facts and faith is not a factor.

I don't think your were devout in your belief in Christ or you would not have converted. I think you were probably very religious which isn't exactly the same thing. This is good because in a Christian point of view Knowing Christ and then denying him is a big no no. I'm not sure you ever knew Christ or like I said, you would have been 100% convinced he is the son of God and never would have converted. I don't understand how you can follow a man like Mohammad who was clearly violent in nature over Someone who preached non violence, but that's your call if it fits your life. You can always come back to Christianity no problem, should Islam not turn out to be all you thought it would be.

I don't think your were devout in your belief in Christ or you would not have converted. I think you were probably very religious which isn't exactly the same thing. This is good because in a Christian point of view Knowing Christ and then denying him is a big no no. I'm not sure you ever knew Christ or like I said, you would have been 100% convinced he is the son of God and never would have converted. I don't understand how you can follow a man like Mohammad who was clearly violent in nature over Someone who preached non violence, but that's your call if it fits your life. You can always come back to Christianity no problem, should Islam not turn out to be all you thought it would be.

You can always come back to Christianity no problem, should Islam not turn out to be all you thought it would be.
Well one can do this in western countries no problem, in Islamic countries on the other hand , converting to Islam is a one way ticket ...
Islam for life , or else you get the axe (Literally).<coughs> Religion of peace indeed.

Forum List

Back