Bible Fact Quiz

I find it rather amusing that Christians claim that God only recognizes marriage between one woman and one man, while the Bible tells us that King David had hundreds of wives.
Davids
I find it rather amusing that Christians claim that God only recognizes marriage between one woman and one man, while the Bible tells us that King David had hundreds of wives.
actually I think you mean Solomon and God did take him to task for that.......its why Israel was split into two kingdoms.....

Actually, historians agree that Israel was split into two kingdoms for two reasons. First, Solomon divided northern Israel into 12 separate tax districts, which were not even divided along tribal territories, each one of which was required to provide for the needs of the entire Israeli government for one month per year, while he exempted Southern israel from the same taxes. Second, he spent most of the money fortifying Southern Israel against Egypt, while ignoring the threat of Syria against northern Israel. The north was pissed, and succeeded.

Davids
actually I think you mean Solomon and God did take him to task for that.......its why Israel was split into two kingdoms.....

Actually, historians agree that Israel was split into two kingdoms for two reasons. First, Solomon divided northern Israel into 12 separate tax districts, which were not even divided along tribal territories, each one of which was required to provide for the needs of the entire Israeli government for one month per year, while he exempted Southern israel from the same taxes. Second, he spent most of the money fortifying Southern Israel against Egypt, while ignoring the threat of Syria against northern Israel. The north was pissed, and succeeded.
your historians should have read the official record.....it would have saved them some time....

1 Kings 11:9 The Lord became angry with Solomon because his heart had turned away from the Lord, the God of Israel, who had appeared to him twice. 10 Although he had forbidden Solomon to follow other gods, Solomon did not keep the Lord’s command. 11 So the Lord said to Solomon, “Since this is your attitude and you have not kept my covenant and my decrees, which I commanded you, I will most certainly tear the kingdom away from you and give it to one of your subordinates. 12 Nevertheless, for the sake of David your father, I will not do it during your lifetime. I will tear it out of the hand of your son. 13 Yet I will not tear the whole kingdom from him, but will give him one tribe for the sake of David my servant and for the sake of Jerusalem, which I have chosen

Davids

your historians should have read the official record.....it would have saved them some time....

1 Kings 11:9 The Lord became angry with Solomon because his heart had turned away from the Lord, the God of Israel, who had appeared to him twice. 10 Although he had forbidden Solomon to follow other gods, Solomon did not keep the Lord’s command. 11 So the Lord said to Solomon, “Since this is your attitude and you have not kept my covenant and my decrees, which I commanded you, I will most certainly tear the kingdom away from you and give it to one of your subordinates. 12 Nevertheless, for the sake of David your father, I will not do it during your lifetime. I will tear it out of the hand of your son. 13 Yet I will not tear the whole kingdom from him, but will give him one tribe for the sake of David my servant and for the sake of Jerusalem, which I have chosen

I don't consider ancient fairy tales as History.

Davids

I don't consider ancient fairy tales as History.
sure you do.....you quote made up shit all the time.......we can always tell when you're going to start a fairy tale.......instead of "once upon a time" you say "most historians agree".........

Ok, Ill be more specific. This historian backs me up. but, you will have to read it yourself. I don't do research for free.

Who Wrote the Bible Richard Elliott Friedman 9780060630355 Amazon.com Books
woo fucking doo......for clarification, before you make me buy this bpok and read it, is this to support your claim about why Israel became two nations or your claim that the Bible is a fairy tale.......if I can find no support in the book for either contention, can I rest assured that you will reimburse me the cost of it?......

Last edited:
Ok, Ill be more specific. This historian backs me up. but, you will have to read it yourself. I don't do research for free.

Who Wrote the Bible Richard Elliott Friedman 9780060630355 Amazon.com Books
woo fucking doo......for clarification, before you make me buy this bpok and read it, is this to support your claim about why Israel became two nations or your claim that the Bible is a fairy tale.......if I can find no support in the book for either contention, can I rest assured that you will reimburse me the cost of it?......

You can rest assured that this conversation is over, because I don't waste time and effort on educating those who are not capable of being educated.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back