Bible criticism

I am tired of reading all the bible thumping threads telling us the bible is the word of God, and we will burn in hell if we do not believe it. So here is a thread to dismantle the bible and prove it cannot be from God, and it has not been preserved unchanged.
I will be posting many links and doing some cut and paste jobs, because I am no bible expert, but I know a lot of work has been done on this by others.

The first point I would like to raise is the age of Noah and other so called prophets. The bible says Noah lived to be 950 years old, but I read somewhere that this is now believed to be a mistake in the translation of the numbers from an early bible, by a scribe that did not understand the numbering system.
I will research this and post links.

To be going on with here are a couple of links to critical pages.

Bible Babble - The Holy Bible and it's Errors, Contradictions, and so on.

Biblical scientific errors - RationalWiki
Looks like you have turned anti-Christ and heathen.

So you are making excuses for God to behave like a sadistic psychopath. Drowning people and burning them.

I am saying a physical universe has built-in physical tragedies that are simply a part of it. Those tragedies do not faze God because as He well knows, there is something greater beyond mere physical existence. We can all handle what the physical universe dishes out. I prefer that universe to a universe where we are all wrapped in cotton batting and set carefully on a shelf to live out our physical existence in a sterile environment.

Clearly, if there is a God he allows suffering. Possibly to force evolution, and growth of the soul.
But the bible clearly states that God deliberately caused the flood, and destroyed Sodom and Gomorrah.
The philosophers have already dealt with this issue and put it to bed.

You morons need to read Philosophy.

Right, says the moron who thinks that the story of creation is about the creation of something physical...
I told you, stupid sh!t, it is about the foundation of both.

You have a learning disability and low SRA reading scores don't you huh ?!

The story has absolutely nothing whatever to do with the creation of the universe, the solar system, the planet, the first plants, animals, or human beings.

Let there be light has nothing to do with any aura. lol..

stupid shit yourself.

Genesis 1.14 " And God said, let there be lights in the firmament of the heaven to divide the day from the night;

Let there be light represents the giving of the law.

"The vault or expanse of the heavens; the sky".

obviously they did not know the light and darkness is caused by the rotation of the planet and that in fact light and darkness are continuous without interruption ... in Creation.

there is no division in the Everlasting per the freed Spirit as any unfit are prevented from admission.

obviously they did not know the light and darkness is caused by the rotation of the planet and that in fact light and darkness are continuous without interruption ... in Creation.

Its says firmament of heaven which is not about the sky.

Its about the structure of heaven, that upon which heaven is based, which is also not about the sky.

Its about the structure of heaven, that upon which heaven is based, which is also not about the sky.

Firmament - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The firmament of heaven is the law, the structure upon which all higher forms of intelligent life are based.

Heaven itself is the sphere or realm of these higher intelligences.

The firmament of heaven is the law, the structure upon which all higher forms of intelligent life are based.

As far as I can see, you are over complicating these simplistic texts. And giving them meaning they do not have.

Genesis 1.6 to 1.8
Then God said, “Let there be a firmament in the midst of the waters, and let it divide the waters from the waters.” Thus God made the firmament, and divided the waters which were under the firmament from the waters which were above the firmament; and it was so. And God called the firmament Heaven. So the evening and the morning were the second day

As far as I can see, you are over complicating these simplistic texts. And giving them meaning they do not have.

Genesis 1.6 to 1.8
Then God said, “Let there be a firmament in the midst of the waters, and let it divide the waters from the waters.” Thus God made the firmament, and divided the waters which were under the firmament from the waters which were above the firmament; and it was so. And God called the firmament Heaven. So the evening and the morning were the second day

There it is. The waters above were divided from the waters below and the establishment of that firmament created the division in the same way the creation of light divided the darkness.

And God called the firmament heaven. The waters above the firmament represent the knowledge and life in the world above.

The firmament is the foundation of that life.

You already know that earthly intelligence's of the world below the firmament of heaven are somewhat limited in their abilities.

The law is the way to the tree of life.

Purify your mind and be refined and your abilities will increase enough so that you will be able to reach out your hand, take and eat of the fruit of the tree of life and by doing so, you will never know what it is to die...

God is a myth. Nothing with regard to Jesus being the son of god, or the miracles have any basis in fact. Only in belief. And if you believe, good on you. Just don't try and ram it down other peoples' throats and don't try and legislate dogma into law.
We have a 1st Amendment in the USA which separates church and state.

I know. Tell that to the bible thumpers.

Genesis 1.6 to 1.8

Thus God made the firmament, and divided the waters which were under the firmament from the waters which were above the firmament

I do not support biblical scriptural accounts however in this event though the water descriptions make little practical scene their separation would clearly imply a Sky (atmosphere) type of condition ... especially if that is where the christians will be residing, as that or they may with their other travails need to grow a good set of gills before their journey begins.

So the evening and the morning were the second day

again, light and darkness are continuous creations the evening and morning are caused not by a change in either light or darkness but as proof of their falibility by the rotation of earth and the Suns bearing.

I agree, what can not be recited is not an actual religion, hobelim - also what's with the avatar kinda spooky ...

Genesis 1.6 to 1.8

There is a belief with some people that scripture has a metaphysical meaning rather than a literal one. I would suggest that you look for resources to investigate the metaphysical meaning.

The Devil and Lucifer are both great but evil.
Lucifer is the Latin name. Diablos is the Greek name. Satan is the Hebrew name.

He dwells within many of the anti-Christ's that are posting in this thread.

He loves you.

You are his.

You will be his forever.

I am saying a physical universe has built-in physical tragedies that are simply a part of it. Those tragedies do not faze God because as He well knows, there is something greater beyond mere physical existence. We can all handle what the physical universe dishes out. I prefer that universe to a universe where we are all wrapped in cotton batting and set carefully on a shelf to live out our physical existence in a sterile environment.

Clearly, if there is a God he allows suffering. Possibly to force evolution, and growth of the soul.
But the bible clearly states that God deliberately caused the flood, and destroyed Sodom and Gomorrah.
The philosophers have already dealt with this issue and put it to bed.

You morons need to read Philosophy.

Right, says the moron who thinks that the story of creation is about the creation of something physical...
I told you, stupid sh!t, it is about the foundation of both.

You have a learning disability and low SRA reading scores don't you huh ?!

The story has absolutely nothing whatever to do with the creation of the universe, the solar system, the planet, the first plants, animals, or human beings.

Let there be light has nothing to do with any aura. lol..

stupid shit yourself.
And who the fokk are you? Holy Moses ??

I agree, what can not be recited is not an actual religion, hobelim - also what's with the avatar kinda spooky ...

There is nothing simplistic about these texts. They were deliberately in written in figurative language to preserve, encapsulate, and compel teaching from God into the future that would go over the heads of those who do not think very deeply and to intentionally divert (curse) every irrational and superstitious enemy.

Look at the gospels themselves which were written during times of brutal oppression and after the destruction of Israel, the Temple, their way of life, and the slaughter, exile, and enslavement of hundreds of thousands of Jews.

Its not likely that Jesus submitted to crucifixion and sent his disciples throughout the Roman Empire to tell them all to "eat this" because God loved the world so much where people were abused, subjugated, fleeced, imprisoned, enslaved, killed and maimed on a daily basis for trivial reasons..

"I have not come to bring peace but a sword."

"Take from my hand this cup of fiery wine and make all the nations to whom I send you drink it. When they have drunk it they will vomit and go mad; such is the sword that I am sending among them."

"From his mouth there went a sharp sword with which to smite the nations."

"Take this cup of wine and drink it, all of you. This is a cup of my blood, the blood of the covenant."

"Just art thou in these thy judgments thou Holy One who art and wast; for they shed the blood of thy people and of thy prophets and thou hast given them blood to drink"

:wine:

Last edited:

There is nothing simplistic about these texts. They were deliberately in written in figurative language to preserve, encapsulate, and compel teaching from God into the future that would go over the heads of those who do not think very deeply and to intentionally divert (curse) every irrational and superstitious enemy.

Look at the gospels themselves which were written during times of brutal oppression and after the destruction of Israel, the Temple, their way of life, and the slaughter, exile, and enslavement of hundreds of thousands of Jews.

Its not likely that Jesus submitted to crucifixion and sent his disciples throughout the Roman Empire to tell them all to "eat this" because God loved the world so much where people were abused, subjugated, fleeced, imprisoned, enslaved, killed and maimed on a daily basis for trivial reasons..

"Take from my hand this cup of fiery wine and make all the nations to whom I send you drink it. When they have drunk it they will vomit and go mad; such is the sword that I am sending among them."

"Take this cup of wine and drink it, all of you. This is a cup of my blood, the blood of the covenant."

"Just art thou in these thy judgments thou Holy One who art and wast; for they shed the blood of thy people and of thy prophets and thou hast given them blood to drink"

Ok, so the if bible verses are not simplistic, then they are just plain wrong. Because as we all know the heaven and earth were not created in six days. Or six of Gods days which the bible says is six thousand years.

Ok, so the if bible verses are not simplistic, then they are just plain wrong. Because as we all know the heaven and earth were not created in six days. Or six of Gods days which the bible says is six thousand years.

As I have already explained, the creation account is not about the creation of the earth and sky.

I will tell you something. Try to hear.

The creation story is about the establishment of the light of law in a world that had been without form and void; and darkness covered the face of the deep for the previous untold millions of years.

It is about the establishment of a higher priestly class that ruled over the rest of us lesser mortals where a select few understood the secrets of the law and the rest of the population were deliberately kept in the dark and supported their opulent lifestyles, religious hypocrites occupying untouchable lofty positions like the stars in the sky above.

To create a new heaven and a new earth where religious deception is viewed as criminal and prosecuted instead of honored and rewarded would also take only about a week.

As I have already explained, the creation account is not about the creation of the earth and sky

So lets get this straight; The creation myth is not about the creation. It does not matter if it gets the facts wrong.
Only the people who wrote it can understand what they meant. The rest of us cannot.This must include you, as you include yourself among us lesser mortals.

So this means there is no point in anyone reading the bible because it is beyond comprehension.

That supports my argument that it is not the words of God.

So, leaving aside all the mystical claptrap. Lets consider the following verse from Genesis.

Genesis 1.16 And God made two great lights; the greater light to rule the day, and the lesser light to rule the night: he made the stars also.

This verse shows the authors of the bible had no knowledge that the light of the moon is reflected from the sun.
It says the moon is a lesser light to rule the night.
It then says he made the stars also, apparently at the same time, as some kind of afterthought . But we know some of the stars are billions of light years away. So the light from them would not have reached us yet, unless they were created billions of years ago.

Forum List

Back