Bible criticism

Dajjal

Quran buster
Jul 8, 2012
England
I am tired of reading all the bible thumping threads telling us the bible is the word of God, and we will burn in hell if we do not believe it. So here is a thread to dismantle the bible and prove it cannot be from God, and it has not been preserved unchanged.
I will be posting many links and doing some cut and paste jobs, because I am no bible expert, but I know a lot of work has been done on this by others.

The first point I would like to raise is the age of Noah and other so called prophets. The bible says Noah lived to be 950 years old, but I read somewhere that this is now believed to be a mistake in the translation of the numbers from an early bible, by a scribe that did not understand the numbering system.
I will research this and post links.

To be going on with here are a couple of links to critical pages.

Bible Babble - The Holy Bible and it's Errors, Contradictions, and so on.

Biblical scientific errors - RationalWiki

That proves nothing only another opinion. Unless you think this man was a time traveler and knew Noah personally.

Also the Bible is not something you can discuss truthfully unless you have a whole lot of knowledge about the subject which I sure you don't.

I am tired of reading all the bible thumping threads telling us the bible is the word of God, and we will burn in hell if we do not believe it. So here is a thread to dismantle the bible and prove it cannot be from God, and it has not been preserved unchanged.
I will be posting many links and doing some cut and paste jobs, because I am no bible expert, but I know a lot of work has been done on this by others.

The first point I would like to raise is the age of Noah and other so called prophets. The bible says Noah lived to be 950 years old, but I read somewhere that this is now believed to be a mistake in the translation of the numbers from an early bible, by a scribe that did not understand the numbering system.

The spirit of the heavenly host Noah "rest" lives for that long in earth.

That proves nothing only another opinion. Unless you think this man was a time traveler and knew Noah personally.

Also the Bible is not something you can discuss truthfully unless you have a whole lot of knowledge about the subject which I sure you don't.

Do you really think Noah lived to be 950 years old? As for my lack of knowledge I stated that in my opening post and pointed out that others who are experts have done much work on the subject, and I will be posting links to some of their writings.

Try using your own words of what YOU think instead of linking to hate sites.

Some believe that Methuselah's extreme age is the result of an ancient mistranslation that converted "months" to "years", producing a more credible 969 lunar months, or 78½ years,[15] but the same calculation applied to Enoch would have him fathering Methuselah at the age of 5[16] using numbers from the Masoretic Text. Donald V. Etz suggested that the Genesis 5 numbers "might for convenience have all been multiples of 5 or 10".[17] If the Septuagint numbers are divided by 10, Enoch's 165 when he fathered his son would be 16½ years, and Methuselah's 969 when he died would be 96.9 years.

Methuselah - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I do not think I am posting hate sites, mostly they are scholarly studies. As for what I believe I think most of the old testament is just Jewish mythology, and I am doubtful that Jesus did any miracles or ascended into heaven.

Ok ! hands up, how many of you actually believe Noah lived to be 950 years old?

I know God are Jew and he's second land are Sweden.

I know american God and he's second land are England.

Two stupid Gods in second world are Jesus and Jumala.

They know to other human to punish me with change place.

They can know to other human then it starts to eat through.

But this human cannot change place far from. Total impossible.

And this human never come to my home when he will something.

But this human never know where I live so he cannot come to me.

Do you really think Noah lived to be 950 years old? As for my lack of knowledge I stated that in my opening post and pointed out that others who are experts have done much work on the subject, and I will be posting links to some of their writings.
Of course Noah lived to 950. Prior the flood the earth was covered in clouds, which is stated in the Bible and supported by scientific environmental theories. It blocked the Suns radiation. Factor in the gene pool getting more and more corrupt with every copy made, it makes sense. Fits right into the ages of people written through the thousands of years the letters of the Bible were written.
image.jpeg

Of course Noah lived to 950. Prior the flood the earth was covered in clouds, which is stated in the Bible and supported by scientific environmental theories. It blocked the Suns radiation. Factor in the gene pool getting more and more corrupt with every copy made, it makes sense. Fits right into the ages of people written through the thousands of years the letters of the Bible were written.

So people five thousand years ago lived to nearly a thousand years old. Well how come there is no record of Egyptian pharaohs living to even one hundred years.

I do not think I am posting hate sites, mostly they are scholarly studies. As for what I believe I think most of the old testament is just Jewish mythology, and I am doubtful that Jesus did any miracles or ascended into heaven.
They are hate sites. Go find me 10 websites proving Zeus never existed. Scholars don't bother with what they think is mythology.

I belief nobody human are any Gods.

God lives in heaven.

This my belief are.

I cannot belief in faith.

I know I am normal.

View attachment 83242
And FYI, Enoch was only 365 because God took him up.

So people five thousand years ago lived to nearly a thousand years old. Well how come there is no record of Egyptian pharaohs living to even one hundred years.
Egyptian pharaohs existed long after the flood, long after the Tower of Babel.

According to the bible Adam lived to be 930 years old. But who could really believe in the bible myth of Adam and Eve? Well I guess we have a few on this forum.

According to your thinking how old is the earth? I see on a bible site they think it is only six thousand years.

Egyptian pharaohs existed long after the flood, long after the Tower of Babel.

But, but , but. The bible account of the flood is surely bunk. Nobody believes it really happened do they?
In those times a local flood would have seemed to be the whole earth to people who thought it was flat.

I have a copy of the oldest book ever written, 'The epic of Gilgamesh' and it talks of a great flood too.

According to the bible Adam lived to be 930 years old. But who could really believe in the bible myth of Adam and Eve? Well I guess we have a few on this forum.

According to your thinking how old is the earth? I see on a bible site they think it is only six thousand years.

Obviously they counted time differently. 930 divided by 12 = 77 1/2 years old

Noah ....... 950 divided by 12 = 79 years old, it took him 120 divided by 12 = 10 years to build the ark

Methuselah lived to be 969 which equals the ripe old age of almost 81years old. Probably more than twice as long as the average life span back then....

Forum List

Back