BIASED MUCH? Media Coverage Of Trump’s First 100 Days Was 89 Percent Negative

longknife

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2012
Sin City
News-Media.jpg

Doesn’t surprise me in the least. We see it day in and day out. And, as I routinely watch it, I can attest that it also goes for Univision, the Spanish-language channel.

Honeymoon from Hell: The Liberal Media vs. President Trump

As President Trump approaches the end of his first 100 days in office, he has received by far the most hostile press treatment of any incoming American president, with the broadcast networks punishing him with coverage that has been 89% negative. The networks largely ignored important national priorities such as jobs and the fight against ISIS, in favor of a news agenda that has been dominated by anti-Trump controversies and which closely matches what would be expected from an opposition party.

For example, President Trump’s push to invigorate the economy and bring back American jobs received a mere 18 minutes of coverage (less than one percent of all airtime devoted to the administration), while his moves to renegotiate various international trade deals resulted in less than 10 minutes of TV news airtime.

Eight years ago, in contrast, the broadcast networks rewarded new President Barack Obama with mainly positive spin, and spent hundreds of stories discussing the economic agenda of the incoming liberal administration.

As long as you tune in, participate, and support it, I would expect the same.

The media has it right, and the regressive alt right neo-fascists are infuriated the truth is being told.

The media has it right, and the regressive alt right neo-fascists are infuriated the truth is being told.

"The media" has nothing right. It is owned outright by 6 major multinational corporations since Clinton deregulated the FCC; down from 50 some odd companies back in the 1980s. These 6 major multinational corporations own ~90% of the "information" americans see, hear, and read. All your media is, is corporate state indoctrination. Notice how there's nothing but pre-ejaculatory oozing over this new war ramp up, just like the last one. Your media machine has nothing to do with informing the citizenry, it is rather for manufacturing consent, anxiety division and the misinformation of the masses.

News-Media.jpg

Doesn’t surprise me in the least. We see it day in and day out. And, as I routinely watch it, I can attest that it also goes for Univision, the Spanish-language channel.

Honeymoon from Hell: The Liberal Media vs. President Trump

As President Trump approaches the end of his first 100 days in office, he has received by far the most hostile press treatment of any incoming American president, with the broadcast networks punishing him with coverage that has been 89% negative. The networks largely ignored important national priorities such as jobs and the fight against ISIS, in favor of a news agenda that has been dominated by anti-Trump controversies and which closely matches what would be expected from an opposition party.

For example, President Trump’s push to invigorate the economy and bring back American jobs received a mere 18 minutes of coverage (less than one percent of all airtime devoted to the administration), while his moves to renegotiate various international trade deals resulted in less than 10 minutes of TV news airtime.

Eight years ago, in contrast, the broadcast networks rewarded new President Barack Obama with mainly positive spin, and spent hundreds of stories discussing the economic agenda of the incoming liberal administration.

Seems about right. Trump's presidency so far has been about 89% negative.

Forum List

Back