Bias on Display

I don't think my words equate to your paraphrasing or your inferred conclusions. I really don't know what else to tell you.

Okay, I guess I misunderstood you...you said you aren't going to hold pandering against McCain, Jillian asked you what if he follows through on his promises, you said he won't. Isn't that lying? What am I missing?

Okay, I guess I misunderstood you...you said you aren't going to hold pandering against McCain, Jillian asked you what if he follows through on his promises, you said he won't. Isn't that lying? What am I missing?

What has he promised?

Okay, Shogun. Deny what you said.

What's with the hostility? I'm not denying anything. I just don't think my words mean what you think they mean. Giving voters the impression you share some of their positions and priorities when you might not isn't exactly the same thing as saying "read my lips, no new taxes."

I'd honestly like to know what he's actually "promised" anyone.

What's with the hostility? I'm not denying anything. I just don't think my words mean what you think they mean. Giving voters the impression you share some of their positions and priorities when you might not isn't exactly the same thing as saying "read my lips, no new taxes."

I'd honestly like to know what he's actually "promised" anyone.
Are you feeling sensitive? I'm not being hostile.

I don't see the difference, honestly. If a politician is pandering to any group, then all of his or her statements become questionable. I'm not getting why you don't see that.

Who promised? McCain? I've no idea. Obama, I've no idea. It doesn't matter to the thread of the conversation since you already claimed it's all just pandering.

:confused:

Are you feeling sensitive? I'm not being hostile.

I don't see the difference, honestly. If a politician is pandering to any group, then all of his or her statements become questionable. I'm not getting why you don't see that.

Who promised? McCain? I've no idea. Obama, I've no idea. It doesn't matter to the thread of the conversation since you already claimed it's all just pandering.

:confused:

Obviously my remarks about pandering is speculation on my part. I suppose it's possible that McCain really wants to subjugate women, eliminate the separation of church and state, and keep is at war for another millienia, but I just don't think so. Can you name me one presidential nominee...ever... that didn't pander to somebody?

Obviously my remarks about pandering is speculation on my part. I suppose it's possible that McCain really wants to subjugate women, eliminate the separation of church and state, and keep is at war for another millienia, but I just don't think so. Can you name me one presidential nominee...ever... that didn't pander to somebody?
Speculation or not, you are seemingly basing your beliefs on it. One more time, if you believe they are lying about some things, how can you be sure they aren't lying about all things?

I can actually pull out a few things Obama promised to do and didn't follow through on because I actually care what his stances on the issues are. McCain, I don't care because nothing would ever induce me to vote for him.

The Shog thing stung? Woohoo!

Speculation or not, you are seemingly basing your beliefs on it. One more time, if you believe they are lying about some things, how can you be sure they aren't lying about all things?

I can actually pull out a few things Obama promised to do and didn't follow through on because I actually care what his stances on the issues are. McCain, I don't care because nothing would ever induce me to vote for him.

The Shog thing stung? :woohoo:

I can't be. I'm not sure how I possibly could.

Last edited:
Hey, you can't edit my post.

Ah well, I can see I'm not making myself clear or you are purposely not understanding me.

I understand you perfectly. I'm basically saying that I try to read between the lines of any candidate's political rhetoric.

As for the edit, I thought I was correcting an error. :D

And it didn't really sting either, I just can't pass up a chance to rip on Soggy. He loves any attention he gets, kind of like...dammit!

Ravi

Diamond Member
Feb 27, 2008
Hating Hatters
I understand you perfectly. I'm basically saying that I try to read between the lines of any candidate's political rhetoric.

As for the edit, I thought I was correcting an error. :D

And it didn't really sting either, I just can't pass up a chance to rip on Soggy. He loves any attention he gets, kind of like...dammit!
*sob* what's happening to this place?

Forum List

Back