CDZ Bias of Twitter

AzogtheDefiler

The Pale Orc
Gold Supporting Member
Aug 4, 2018
Boston, MA
On Wednesday, according to BuzzFeed, Twitter announced that they would not ban anti-Semite par excellence Louis Farrakhan from their platform despite Farrakhan’s equating Jews to termites on Twitter.

Dmoo1A8h4c5l8PSB

Twitter did remove Farrakhan’s verification checkmark after he tweeted, “Thoroughly and completely unmasking the Satanic Jew and the Synagogue of Satan.” But the insect comparisons were still okay under Twitter’s rules, despite the site’s proposed policies regarding “dehumanizing” tweets.

Still, conservatives have been banned from Twitter for unspecified reasons. GayPatriot, a popular conservative account run by Bruce Carroll, was banned from Twitter this week.

Carroll was originally suspended for calling convicted traitor Chelsea Manning a traitor, and for calling Chelsea Manning by his original name, Bradley. Presumably, his failure to remove those tweets led to his permanent ban.

Twitter’s failure to evenly enforce its rules has been a significant public relations issue for the company — widespread perception remains that Twitter is willing to let anti-Semitism and violent language from Left-leaning sources go while targeting it from those perceived to be on the Right. Back in August, Twitter CEO Jack Dorsey acknowledged as much, stating, “We need to constantly show that we are not adding our own bias, which I fully admit is more left-leaning. And I think it’s important to articulate our own bias and to share it with people so that people understand us. But we need to remove our bias from how we act and our policies and our enforcement.”

In fact, last month, Dorsey admitted that the company leans so far to the left that conservatives “don’t feel safe to express their opinions” within the company. Dorsey said:

We have a lot of conservative-leaning folks in the company as well, and to be honest, they don’t feel safe to express their opinions at the company. They do feel silenced by just the general swirl of what they perceive to be the broader percentage of leanings within the company, and I don’t think that’s fair or right.

On Wednesday, according to BuzzFeed, Twitter announced that they would not ban anti-Semite par excellence Louis Farrakhan from their platform despite Farrakhan’s equating Jews to termites on Twitter.

Dmoo1A8h4c5l8PSB

Twitter did remove Farrakhan’s verification checkmark after he tweeted, “Thoroughly and completely unmasking the Satanic Jew and the Synagogue of Satan.” But the insect comparisons were still okay under Twitter’s rules, despite the site’s proposed policies regarding “dehumanizing” tweets.

Still, conservatives have been banned from Twitter for unspecified reasons. GayPatriot, a popular conservative account run by Bruce Carroll, was banned from Twitter this week.

Carroll was originally suspended for calling convicted traitor Chelsea Manning a traitor, and for calling Chelsea Manning by his original name, Bradley. Presumably, his failure to remove those tweets led to his permanent ban.

Twitter’s failure to evenly enforce its rules has been a significant public relations issue for the company — widespread perception remains that Twitter is willing to let anti-Semitism and violent language from Left-leaning sources go while targeting it from those perceived to be on the Right. Back in August, Twitter CEO Jack Dorsey acknowledged as much, stating, “We need to constantly show that we are not adding our own bias, which I fully admit is more left-leaning. And I think it’s important to articulate our own bias and to share it with people so that people understand us. But we need to remove our bias from how we act and our policies and our enforcement.”

In fact, last month, Dorsey admitted that the company leans so far to the left that conservatives “don’t feel safe to express their opinions” within the company. Dorsey said:

We have a lot of conservative-leaning folks in the company as well, and to be honest, they don’t feel safe to express their opinions at the company. They do feel silenced by just the general swirl of what they perceive to be the broader percentage of leanings within the company, and I don’t think that’s fair or right.

What do you want to do about it? Have big government come in and tell Twitter they have to let everyone speak on their property? Next they'll be demanding you let people speak frm your private property

Dmoo1A8h4c5l8PSB

What do you want to do about it? Have big government come in and tell Twitter they have to let everyone speak on their property? Next they'll be demanding you let people speak frm your private property
That’s exactly what most authoritarian conservatives want done: for big government to compel private hosting sites to carry certain content.

yeah....Next thing you know big gubmint will order bakers who they have to bake for and photographers whose pictures they can and can't take!

Dmoo1A8h4c5l8PSB

And?

Private hosting sites are at liberty to edit content as they see fit.

If you don’t like Twitter’s editing and content policy, don’t use the platform.

As you and others on the right are fond of saying: private companies shouldn’t be expected to accommodate the wishes and desires of every employee – some employees might perceive some company policies as being ‘unfair’; and if you believe your employer is treating you unfairly, but consistent with state and Federal labor law, then find somewhere else to work.

Conservatives can’t have it both ways.

Dmoo1A8h4c5l8PSB

And?

As you and others on the right are fond of saying: private companies shouldn’t be expected to accommodate the wishes and desires of every employee – some employees might perceive some company policies as being ‘unfair’; and if you believe your employer is treating you unfairly, but consistent with state and Federal labor law, then find somewhere else to work.

I never said Twitter needs to change. I just want to make people aware.

yeah....Next thing you know big gubmint will order bakers who they have to bake for and photographers whose pictures they can and can't take!

Long as you see the hypocrisy.

At some point if we call Google, Twitter and Facebook a "monopoly" or monopolies, we can use big government regulations on them and compel fairness.

Next, let's talk about the responsibilities of incorporation. Incorporation is a contract between the business owner, the government and the rest of us. To encourage the business owner to take risks "we" the people and government provide the business owner with some welfare in the form of insulation from lawsuits and liabilities / bankruptcy.

Twitter is a incorporated so just like the bakery who has to serve everyone, Twitter owes SOMETHING to us for that big government protection.

Do bar owners owe me a microphone to spew my ideology on their property? Does Twitter? Can bar owners refuse me service if I'm blonde or tall or short? Can Twitter?

Long as you see the hypocrisy.

At some point if we call Google, Twitter and Facebook a "monopoly" or monopolies, we can use big government regulations on them and compel fairness.

Next, let's talk about the responsibilities of incorporation. Incorporation is a contract between the business owner, the government and the rest of us. To encourage the business owner to take risks "we" the people and government provide the business owner with some welfare in the form of insulation from lawsuits and liabilities / bankruptcy.

Twitter is a incorporated so just like the bakery who has to serve everyone, Twitter owes SOMETHING to us for that big government protection.

Do bar owners owe me a microphone to spew my ideology on their property? Does Twitter? Can bar owners refuse me service if I'm blonde or tall or short? Can Twitter?
Or we rethink the foolhardiness of all the benefits extended to corporate strawmen by The State....Zuckerburg wasn't dragged before and bullied by congress because they had nothing to hold over his head.

Dmoo1A8h4c5l8PSB

It's a private business. If you want them to give a platform to everyone you better tell those bakers to start makin' them gay cakes.

Dmoo1A8h4c5l8PSB

And?

I never said Twitter needs to change. I just want to make people aware.
You are just a champ at moving those goal posts aren't you.

Dmoo1A8h4c5l8PSB

It's a private business. If you want them to give a platform to everyone you better tell those bakers to start makin' them gay cakes.

Business that doesn’t make any money. Interesting. And I didn’t move anything. You’re just to stupid to see what I am trying to state here. Kids don’t use Twitter or Facebook. They have moved on. Twitter may not exist in 20 yrs.

Bakers don’t have to bake a cake for anyone they don’t want to bake a cake for. Private business. Find someone else to bake it. Seems simple. You Leftist loser.

Dmoo1A8h4c5l8PSB

Business that doesn’t make any money. Interesting. And I didn’t move anything. You’re just to stupid to see what I am trying to state here. Kids don’t use Twitter or Facebook. They have moved on. Twitter may not exist in 20 yrs.

Bakers don’t have to bake a cake for anyone they don’t want to bake a cake for. Private business. Find someone else to bake it. Seems simple. You Leftist loser.
That's a lot of squirming around that really doesn't say much but does succeed in reversing your previous statement a little. I'm don't think that was your intention though.

On a separate note, have you realized yet that when you know you are in the wrong you start insulting people? It's a pretty obvious tell. You really should just quit before you dig sny deeper.

Dmoo1A8h4c5l8PSB

That's a lot of squirming around that really doesn't say much but does succeed in reversing your previous statement a little. I'm don't think that was your intention though.

On a separate note, have you realized yet that when you know you are in the wrong you start insulting people? It's a pretty obvious tell. You really should just quit before you dig sny deeper.

Your opinion is just as valid as mine. You are not a mind reader and neither am I. Your tone is accusotory. Par for the course since in Leftist land one is guilty until proven innocent.

Forum List

Back