Bhutan: The Indian Army’s Front Line

Bhutan is not our concern. Unless and until the Uncle Wong's start eyeing Arunachal Pradesh or Sikkim, it's best for Modi to stay out of it.

Who is this our?

I am Malayali, albeit born and raised in the U.S......

Still ... who is this our?

India, I figured that'd be obvious, Vik.

I just wanted to make sure what you meant by our.

Roshan,

Now that I know what you meant by our. Why do you think Bhutan is not India's concern?

Roshan,

Now that I know what you meant by our. Why do you think Bhutan is not India's concern?

It's an independent, sovereign state? Unless they are naturally integrated into the Indian union in accordance to the wishes of the people ala Sikkim, I don't see why we should continue to act as their protectorate against the Chinese.

The last thing we need is an escalating conflict with China on behalf of a third party. I don't like their land grabs either, but it isn't our business to interfere.

Roshan,

It's an independent, sovereign state? Unless they are naturally integrated into the Indian union in accordance to the wishes of the people ala Sikkim, I don't see why we should continue to act as their protectorate against the Chinese.

The last thing we need is an escalating conflict with China on behalf of a third party. I don't like their land grabs either, but it isn't our business to interfere.

If Bhutan goes then with it goes whatever tiny little buffer we have between China and us. I personally think we should not decouple security of Bhutan from India's unless of course Bhutan is acting all fancy.

Forum List

Back