BHO: "We need more teachers."

Capitalist

Jeffersonian Liberal
May 22, 2010
Either the president is badly misinformed about our education system or he thinks that promising to hire another 10,000 teachers union members is politically advantageous–in which case he would seem to be badly misinformed about the present political climate. Or he lives in an alternate universe in which Kirk and Spock have facial hair and government monopolies are efficient. It’s hard to say.

President: “We Need More Teachers.” Reality: “Yoohoo! I’m Right Over Here! Hellooo!” | Cato @ Liberty

This is typical liberal; solution to everything involving their own constituency - throw money at the problem.

More evidence that the DoE needs to be abolished and all education matters devolved to the states.

Trivia: The originally planned moniker of the federal bureaucracy was supposed to be the Department of Public Education, but somebody was able to work out the acronym and shortened it...We amost got truth in advertising. :lol:

More evidence that the DoE needs to be abolished and all education matters devolved to the states.

Trivia: The originally planned moniker of the federal bureaucracy was supposed to be the Department of Public Education, but somebody was able to work out the acronym and shortened it...We amost got truth in advertising. :lol:

More evidence obama is Either a liar, or a fool.

We could use more firemen. I mean, as long as Obama is payin'.....

SexyFireman.jpg.jpeg

Either the president is badly misinformed about our education system or he thinks that promising to hire another 10,000 teachers union members is politically advantageous–in which case he would seem to be badly misinformed about the present political climate. Or he lives in an alternate universe in which Kirk and Spock have facial hair and government monopolies are efficient. It’s hard to say.

President: “We Need More Teachers.” Reality: “Yoohoo! I’m Right Over Here! Hellooo!” | Cato @ Liberty

This is typical liberal; solution to everything involving their own constituency - throw money at the problem.

Another graph without a meaningful frame of reference. Bravo!:lol:

Another graph without a meaningful frame of reference. Bravo!:lol:

Yeah sure, that's what it is. :cuckoo:

Did Obama make it his "top priority" yet? That always is the kiss of death.

This graphically depicted data should make it clear to everyone that Stimulous and Healthcare are underfunded.

Oh, and AmTrak could use more money.....

and don't forget Border Security, Medicare, and SSI.

Not sure where the chart on this one is, but we need more tanning beds. I have seen some pastey white folks this week.

Conservatives want better teachers, and their plan to get better teachers is to

make teachers' education less affordable,

pay them less as teachers,

make their jobs less secure,

take away or reduce their bargaining rights and powers.

In short, conservatives think that the best and brightest in this country will become teachers only if we make the teaching profession as unattractive a career choice as we can.

Forum List

Back