Beyond stupid: florida court declares it's illegal to grow food in your own front yard

A court in Florida has decided that homeowners do not, in fact, have the right to garden on their own property. While the court says flower gardens and fruit trees are acceptable horticultural pursuits for a front yard, for some reason vegetables are non-negotiable. Leave it to big government to make it illegal for property owners to grow their own food, on their own land.
Beyond stupid: Florida court declares it's ILLEGAL to grow food in your own front yard

Well the leftist thugs get off on auhoratarianenforcement which was implemented into action during Bush and that A.H. Obama

Was this neighborhood zoned for farming? OH, wait, no, it wasn't.

sorry, I live in a neighborhood, the last think I want is Hillbilly Bob done growing him some vittles in the front yard and making us all look bad.
. Look bad to who ?? I ain't got a problem with anyone doing anything on their own property, just as long as they are very neat and organized when they do it. If you build something use a level for goodness sakes, and don't go gathering up scraps to do it with. Follow codes that are there to guide you through successfully adding value to your property instead of devaluating it.

As far as critters like chickens and such go, again no problem as long as it is done proper, neat, quality and there is a way to get rid of the mess they make. Heck farm critters are actually a very good thing as long as it is not a problem for others in as far as the smell and run off goes. My friend and his wife/family have a mini farm in a small community where he was there 1st, but then everyone moved in around him.

His place is so quality and neat that it actually adds value to the community, not to forget to mention that the community actually benefits from his mini farm. He has a green house, a garden area, a chicken coop, fig trees, grape Vines, gold fish pond, blueberries etc. He grew Leland Cyprus trees as buffers, so you can't see anything but the front of his property that he keeps emaculent, neat and landscaped. The whole thing comes down to somehow the neighbor from hell moves in, and forces people to take actions to counter the menace.

Here in commifornia, I don't think the state ever made a ruling like this, and usually going in on buying in a suburb, you get a list of do's and dont's. I have some acreage just sitting around doing nothing and I would like to grow hemp, but the feds say no. Guess they think I might get high on hemp or something.

Here in commifornia, I don't think the state ever made a ruling like this, and usually going in on buying in a suburb, you get a list of do's and dont's. I have some acreage just sitting around doing nothing and I would like to grow hemp, but the feds say no. Guess they think I might get high on hemp or something.
You can thank the cotton lobby for that.

A court in Florida has decided that homeowners do not, in fact, have the right to garden on their own property. While the court says flower gardens and fruit trees are acceptable horticultural pursuits for a front yard, for some reason vegetables are non-negotiable. Leave it to big government to make it illegal for property owners to grow their own food, on their own land.
Beyond stupid: Florida court declares it's ILLEGAL to grow food in your own front yard

Well the leftist thugs get off on auhoratarianenforcement which was implemented into action during Bush and that A.H. Obama

sorry, I live in a neighborhood, the last think I want is Hillbilly Bob done growing him some vittles in the front yard and making us all look bad.

But I'll bet if the muslims wanted to build a mosque next to you with their call to prayer blasting, you'd be all for it.

I live in the country and grow veggies wherever I like, get out of the cities they make too many rules and the cops are like sharks that smell chum....

No one on this planet calls a home vegetable garden a farm. And quite frankly it's none of your fucking business if someone has a vegetable garden

No one on this planet calls a home vegetable garden a farm. And quite frankly it's none of your fucking business if someone has a vegetable garden
Call it what you like but understand that what you do on your parcel of land has an affect on the community as a whole. The community decided to make it their business.

Call it what you like but understand that what you do on your parcel of land has an affect on the community as a whole. The community decided to make it their business.
. I think people once upon a time put up with alot of stuff their neighbors did back in the day, and you didn't hear about all these crazy issues or strict regs until the local, state, and federal government got involved in placing poor people (paying their rent etc.), into communities, and into neighborhoods through out the country.

We all know what began happening next. No up keep began to take place, weird things started going on while the government placed tenants had government protections that would say "you can't say anything to those poor people", because they can't help it if they can't afford to purchase the products needed to keep the places up. Then the government if responsible, allows the places to fall down near abouts, and all before it comes in and rebuilds 20 houses at one time on the taxpayers dime.

Never mind the burgularies, the drugs coming in, the actions of the idled hanging out with nothing to do all day, and the devaluation of not only the surrounding properties, but the destruction of the entire community, because soon you will find (if couldn't get out in time), that regulations in a community like that are null and void after a while of that mess taking place.

Done seen it time after time after time. There are communities that people had grew up in back in the day, that they can't even revisit due to safety reasons in those communities now. I road through an old community I had grew up in way back in the day, and it was a community teaming with life back then, kids playing in the streets, riding mini bikes, go carts, fishing in the local ponds, swimming in the local ponds, walking, jogging, but after government targeted the area for placing poor people into the residency's there, and this after many had gotten old and died leaving their places vulnerable to this new idea that was concocted and conducted by the government, you now ride through and see no trespassing signs nailed to many trees in the front yards, bad roads, grass or weed covered sidewalks, run down homes etc.

The area is badly run down, and the hold outs live mainly around the lakes or ponds still. Drugs infested the area, crime became the norm, and property values tanked badly.

Ha, people are worried about a garden ? Good grief. They don't know nothing.

They had that garden for 17 years. So why all of a sudden is it anyone else's business?

This is the purest fucking bullshit I have ever seen and quite frankly is one of the reasons this country is halfway down the fucking shitter

well, yeah, it is if I live in a community where we have zoning.

I don't want to live next to Hillbilly Bob and his home farm in his front yard, thanks...

It brings down my property value.

They had that garden for 17 fucking years and a garden is NOT a farm.

And really tell me how much the property values in a neighborhood decrease because the nice old couple grows some vegetables in their yard

Oh! Miami Shores city council, aye? Well, maybe next time vote for candidates that aren't UN ICLEI shills and will actually represent the local community.

People need to vet their local politicians more closely than state or federal ones, but it's a snoozefest, I know.

Meanwhile, I bet there's Asians with vegetable gardens in the housing projects there. :badgrin:

Tbh, I do believe that interferes with the right to own property, no? Constitutional issue, if that's the case.

What about a government that encourages, enables, and supports out of control birthrates to climb amongst the dependents that it is paying for with taxpayer's money, and then seeking out rental properties to house single mom families as a result of afterwards ? The government had become an out of control destructive force while being controlled by the Demon-crats. I mean look at the platforms the Demon-crats were running on with them suggesting that tax payers fund all sorts of do gooder schemes and legislation that to create the very things we have seen take place over the years. Then they got into this game of growing the dependents to numbers unsustainable in order to create mindless voters that would feel obligated to pull that Demon-crat lever in the voting booth for them, and all because of the free stuff.

Court upholds Miami Shores ban on veggie gardens

This is what their yard actually looks like.

All I see is a well tended yard
. Beautiful yard in which I had found a picture of also in another feed, and it's very interesting in appearence. I thought people loved interesting looking places, and loved American traditional things in which very few people still keep alive today ??

Ok let me say this also - Florida with it's hurricane regs or building codes (homes can't be but so tall or but so heavy etc.), in which is why you see those homes that have the low stances depending on the areas built in I'm guessing. My point is that the homes are pure ugly, but because they are in Florida the value of the homes are set astronomically high.

It appears that the home in the pictures we found is older, and is one of the ones that is ugly due to the regulations or codes it was built under back in the day. They appear to be keeping the home and property very neat and well kept. Seems like this might be a case where someone didn't like the couple for some reason (if were turned in by someone) or there is some over zealous government workers (over doing their jobs) by creating issues where no issue exist (i.e. looking for soft targets), in order to make it appear as if they are out doing their jobs. I think most here will agree that there should be no problem with the yard..

Done seen it time after time after time. There are communities that people had grew up in back in the day, that they can't even revisit due to safety reasons in those communities now. I road through an old community I had grew up in way back in the day, and it was a community teaming with life back then, kids playing in the streets, riding mini bikes, go carts, fishing in the local ponds, swimming in the local ponds, walking, jogging, but after government targeted the area for placing poor people into the residency's there, and this after many had gotten old and died leaving their places vulnerable to this new idea that was concocted and conducted by the government, you now ride through and see no trespassing signs nailed to many trees in the front yards, bad roads, grass or weed covered sidewalks, run down homes etc.

Yes, I've seen it, but what you leave out is the reason why the poor folks move in is not because "the government" is moving in "those people", it's that the people who lived their, or their children, moved out.

They moved out to a suburb with a bigger house and a bigger yard. And when Mom finally kicked the bucket, her old house was just something to be disposed of along with all her other accumulated junk.

That's what happened to the house my grandparents bought when they immigrated here from Germany back in the 30's, and that's what happened to the house I grew up in, and that's what is probably going to happen to the houses me and my siblings live in now.

They had that garden for 17 fucking years and a garden is NOT a farm.

And really tell me how much the property values in a neighborhood decrease because the nice old couple grows some vegetables in their yard

Well, it looks fucking tacky, that's the point. Affluent neighborhoods are aflluent because people do keep their lawns up...

First way you can tell a shitty neighborhood from a good one, is what the lawns look like.

Forum List

Back