Beyond stupid: florida court declares it's illegal to grow food in your own front yard

well your from Missouri i can imagine corn rows are common there....you dont know any better,i get that.......

Yeah, we're closer to nature out here, you urbanites only recognize food by the colors on the cardboard boxes and plastic containers...
so you agree there is a difference as to the effect of what is done to your front yard in the country as compared to the city?...

I live in the city. I would prefer not to, but I'm away a lot, and my wife likes to have the police protection. I accidentaly hit the panic button on the alarm...cops were here in 2 minutes.

We've got a garden in what you would consider the front yard. Still none of your business. Going to get chickens next year. Still none of your business. The wife wants goats too. Also none of your business.

Can I make it any clearer?
since you dont live in my neighborhood or vice versa....you are right....can i make that any clearer?..

thats already been mentioned by me....read more than just one post in a thread and you may have seen that...

well since I responded to the first post you wrote and that your second was just as fucking stupid I figured I'd stop reading the rest.

You're the one who made up the corn field issue.
it was used as an example....you couldnt figure that out?...maybe dean was right about you...
There's a big difference between some tomatoes and peppers and a corn field. Idiot.
no shit dumbass i think i said something similar in the beginning of the thread...so dean was right about you...you are stupid...
your first stupid post

who wants a fucking corn field on the front yard next to your house.....you have a back yard,use it....

and the stupidity continues.
even tiger would understand that post.....are you really that stupid you could not understand why i said a cornrow?.....wait dont answer that,i already know....even after i told you you still didnt get it.....geezus....

who wants a fucking corn field on the front yard next to your house.....you have a back yard,use it....
There was no mention of corn in the article.

So the fuck what if someone grows vegetables on their own property?
thats already been mentioned by me....read more than just one post in a thread and you may have seen that...

well since I responded to the first post you wrote and that your second was just as fucking stupid I figured I'd stop reading the rest.

it was used as an example....you couldnt figure that out?...maybe dean was right about you...
There's a big difference between some tomatoes and peppers and a corn field. Idiot.
hey dipshit i said this earlier....there is a difference between small plants and corn rows....yea i know you dont read to well......

hey dipshit i said this earlier....there is a difference between small plants and corn rows....yea i know you dont read to well......

Like I said I didn't waste my time reading your inanity after that first moronic post.

So keep trying not to look like a moron it is quite entertaining.

Like I said I didn't waste my time reading your inanity after that first moronic post.

So keep trying not to look like a moron it is quite entertaining.
says the one who has been called a moron by quite a few people here...now that is entertaining....

A court in Florida has decided that homeowners do not, in fact, have the right to garden on their own property. While the court says flower gardens and fruit trees are acceptable horticultural pursuits for a front yard, for some reason vegetables are non-negotiable. Leave it to big government to make it illegal for property owners to grow their own food, on their own land.
Beyond stupid: Florida court declares it's ILLEGAL to grow food in your own front yard

Well the leftist thugs get off on auhoratarianenforcement which was implemented into action during Bush and that A.H. Obama

You can't put barnyard animals in your front yard either.

Many people buy properties with resale in mind. And if the neighbors actions, are lowering your resale value; you care. Ive had to correct up start neighbors for similar types of behaviors in the past. For some reason people feel that just because they're in debt for a piece of property; that they can do whatever they like with it. The reality is that they can't. Its just that some have to learn the hard way...
Those people have had a garden for 17 years.

So all of a sudden it's a problem?

and I hate to tell you this but your home property value is your concern and your concern only you have no fucking right to tell others what to do to increase the value of your home.

It was rezoned.

Like when Trump booted out that old woman from her home after it was rezoned in Atlantic City.

Why does it make a difference whether you use the back or front yard?
do you own a house?....
3 actually, one is on a ranch. I guess I could see an issue with a cornfield in your front yard in an urban area though.
thats what i was saying.....and smaller plants along the house may get no attention at all....

A court in Florida has decided that homeowners do not, in fact, have the right to garden on their own property. While the court says flower gardens and fruit trees are acceptable horticultural pursuits for a front yard, for some reason vegetables are non-negotiable. Leave it to big government to make it illegal for property owners to grow their own food, on their own land.
Beyond stupid: Florida court declares it's ILLEGAL to grow food in your own front yard

Well the leftist thugs get off on auhoratarianenforcement which was implemented into action during Bush and that A.H. Obama

Was this neighborhood zoned for farming? OH, wait, no, it wasn't.

sorry, I live in a neighborhood, the last think I want is Hillbilly Bob done growing him some vittles in the front yard and making us all look bad.

sorry, I live in a neighborhood, the last think I want is Hillbilly Bob done growing him some vittles in the front yard and making us all look bad.
For once we agree.

We have many homes with planter boxes in their front yards growing squash, tomatoes, and many other vegetables. And they are not old fogies like me, but young professionals that driving up the prices of homes in my neighborhood. We need more of them.

We have many homes with planter boxes in their front yards growing squash, tomatoes, and many other vegetables. And they are not old fogies like me, but young professionals that driving up the prices of homes in my neighborhood. We need more of them.

I am a bit biased. My mom was one of these types with a backyard garden, and I really, really hate vegetables.

Maybe there could be some compromise, and say corn stalks or any veggie that grows over 3 or 4 ft high, must be grown in the back yard....but there are so many veggies and potatoes that have beautiful flowering bushes before harvest, and tall grass looking plants with Carrots underneath, or lettuce or spinach and cabbage all grown together in a cluster and carrots grown together in another clustered area dedicated to gardening food....

It can be done in a very pleasing and nice to the neighborhood way, with mulch around the veggie plants and everything, and also with other landscaping plants and bushes to enhance....like Pansies, are pretty and you can eat the flower petals and add them to salads......

the thing is, it takes a lot of work to keep up a garden like that.... sigh...

Many people buy properties with resale in mind. And if the neighbors actions, are lowering your resale value; you care. Ive had to correct up start neighbors for similar types of behaviors in the past. For some reason people feel that just because they're in debt for a piece of property; that they can do whatever they like with it. The reality is that they can't. Its just that some have to learn the hard way...
Those people have had a garden for 17 years.

So all of a sudden it's a problem?

and I hate to tell you this but your home property value is your concern and your concern only you have no fucking right to tell others what to do to increase the value of your home.

It was rezoned.

Like when Trump booted out that old woman from her home after it was rezoned in Atlantic City.

What does Trump have to do with any of this? Oh yeah absolutely nothing.

This is just one more example of government overreach.

It was in CA too some years ago. Dirty commies who love to command.

Forum List

Back