Beyond stupid: florida court declares it's illegal to grow food in your own front yard

in your trailer park yea thats the way it is....in a nice neighborhood were people care about how their houses look no...

It's none of your business what I do with my property beyond health concerns.

You want to control more property...buy more. That's how it's done.

in your trailer park yea thats the way it is....in a nice neighborhood were people care about how their houses look no...

Actually... That's one of the ways its done. As the article clearly demonstrates; there are other ways to control the usage of land that is not your own. Especially helpful, is the ability to demonstrate a loss of revenue caused by a particular action. In this case; the lowering of property values.

who wants a fucking corn field on the front yard next to your house.....you have a back yard,use it....
There was no mention of corn in the article.

So the fuck what if someone grows vegetables on their own property?
Many people buy properties with resale in mind. And if the neighbors actions, are lowering your resale value; you care. Ive had to correct up start neighbors for similar types of behaviors in the past. For some reason people feel that just because they're in debt for a piece of property; that they can do whatever they like with it. The reality is that they can't. Its just that some have to learn the hard way...

Actually... That's one of the ways its done. As the article clearly demonstrates; there are other ways to control the usage of land that is not your own. Especially helpful, is the ability to demonstrate a loss of revenue caused by a particular action. In this case; the lowering of property values.

Just another reason not to live in Florida.

Your property value is your concern, not mine.

If the government decides to run a six lane interstate adjacent to your backyard, would that diminish your property values? How about a landfill around the corner...or a new runway that puts the landing corridor over your neighborhood?

You'd just have to put up with it, or move...at a loss.

No difference. You don't like my front yard garden, or the VW I'm working on in the driveway or that I painted my house chartreuse...tough titty.

who wants a fucking corn field on the front yard next to your house.....you have a back yard,use it....

Many people buy properties with resale in mind. And if the neighbors actions, are lowering your resale value; you care. Ive had to correct up start neighbors for similar types of behaviors in the past. For some reason people feel that just because they're in debt for a piece of property; that they can do whatever they like with it. The reality is that they can't. Its just that some have to learn the hard way...
Those people have had a garden for 17 years.

So all of a sudden it's a problem?

and I hate to tell you this but your home property value is your concern and your concern only you have no fucking right to tell others what to do to increase the value of your home.

I will say this, at least in America you can own your own home without the state acting to steal it from you
Try not paying your property taxes. The fact is, as long as we have property taxes, we RENT our property from our lords and masters.
. Shucks, try not paying your medical bills. The same results right ? Medicade has aquirred huge amounts of properties over the years.

Can't grow crops in your front yard?
That is why we have zoning laws

and I hate to tell you this but your home property value is your concern and your concern only you have no fucking right to tell others what to do to increase the value of your home.
Anarchists

Can't grow crops in your front yard?
That is why we have zoning laws

they had been doing it for 17 years.

and so the fuck what if someone grows tomatoes and peppers on their front lawn .

It's none of your fucking business

Just another reason not to live in Florida.

Your property value is your concern, not mine.

If the government decides to run a six lane interstate adjacent to your backyard, would that diminish your property values? How about a landfill around the corner...or a new runway that puts the landing corridor over your neighborhood?

You'd just have to put up with it, or move...at a loss.

No difference. You don't like my front yard garden, or the VW I'm working on in the driveway or that I painted my house chartreuse...tough titty.
While I can understand the resentment; it isn't as you put it " tough titty". There are actual legal steps that can, and will be taken.

One persons property value is also a concern for municipalities that tax property ownership. One only needs to demonstrate to the powers that be; that they are losing money because of this property owners actions, and... Viola! Bigger guns step in; and people find out just how much control they really have over property they "own"...

One persons property value is also a concern for municipalities that tax property ownership. One only needs to demonstrate to the powers that be; that they are losing money because of this property owners actions, and... Viola! Bigger guns step in; and people find out just how much control they really have over property they "own"...

So tell me how much money was the town in FL losing because the nice old couple on the block had a vegetable garden?

Gotta know the zoning laws for the area or make sure that one is not buying in a neighborhood with deed restrictions, rules, HOA etc.

A deed-restricted community is a neighborhood with a governing homeowner association (HOA) that enforces certain rules and regulations regarding the look of a neighborhood, as well as property uses. The goal of this type of community is to promote a fluid look throughout a neighborhood, which in turn helps maintain home values.

Every deed-restricted HOA community is different in regards to rules and regulations, although many Florida neighborhoods are governed by an HOA. If you are considering buying a home in a deed-restricted community it’s important to collect all of the information regarding what you can and can’t do if you move here. In some cases the rules may seem favorable to you, in other instances they may not. For instance, some associations ban large dog breeds, which you may already own.

Someday zombies might learn what AGENDA 21 is not a gawd dam conspiracy like SNOPES will tell you it is.

Human habitation, as it is referred to now, is restricted to lands within the Urban Growth Boundaries of the city. Only certain building designs are permitted. Rural property is more and more restricted in what uses can be on it. Although counties say that they support agricultural uses, eating locally produced food, farmer's markets, etc, in fact there are so many regulations restricting water and land use (there are scenic corridors, inland rural corridors, baylands corridors, area plans, specific plans, redevelopment plans, huge fees, fines) that farmers are losing their lands altogether. County roads are not being paved. The push is for people to get off of the land, become more dependent, come into the cities. To get out of the suburbs and into the cities. Out of their private homes and into condos. Out of their private cars and onto their bikes.

DEMOCRATS  AGAINST  U. N.  AGENDA  21

So tell me how much money was the town in FL losing because the nice old couple on the block had a vegetable garden?
. I do agree that some of this stuff is ridiculous, yet I wonder what the covenants are in the neighborhood, and whether what was taking place was something that was a potential of spreading or just an isolated event that had no potential of spreading ? Am wondering if the event is just some A-hole person/neighbor from HELL being just that "THE NEIGHBOR FROM HELL" who hates everything ? Otherwise taking it out on the old folks because he or she who is the neighbor from hell doesn't like anything, and especially not their neighbors .

Last edited:
Someday zombies might learn what AGENDA 21 is not a gawd dam conspiracy like SNOPES will tell you it is.

Human habitation, as it is referred to now, is restricted to lands within the Urban Growth Boundaries of the city. Only certain building designs are permitted. Rural property is more and more restricted in what uses can be on it. Although counties say that they support agricultural uses, eating locally produced food, farmer's markets, etc, in fact there are so many regulations restricting water and land use (there are scenic corridors, inland rural corridors, baylands corridors, area plans, specific plans, redevelopment plans, huge fees, fines) that farmers are losing their lands altogether. County roads are not being paved. The push is for people to get off of the land, become more dependent, come into the cities. To get out of the suburbs and into the cities. Out of their private homes and into condos. Out of their private cars and onto their bikes.

DEMOCRATS AGAINST U. N. AGENDA 21

DEMOCRATS AGAINST U. N. AGENDA 21

Forum List

Back