Beyond Searchlight...

Sinatra

Feb 5, 2009
Tens of thousands descended upon Harry Reid's legislative backyard to not only prepare for the decrepit Senator's imminent political demise in November, but display yet more proof of America's growing dissatisfaction with Washington DC's tone-deaf and increasingly arrogant attitude toward governing.

The Obama-Pelosi-Reid truimvirate has awakened the kind of conservative/libertarian/populist backlash not seen in this country in at least a generation.

Sarah Palin was, yet again, the star attraction. Taking the small stage with a strong wind, both literally and figuratively, at her back, the former Alaskan governor again struck the resounding chords of anti-Big Government, pro-State Rights, and warnings of impending economic doom based upon DC's far too long "buy now pay later" business model.

Palin displayed overt disdain for the mainstream media's repeated attempts to diminish Tea Party members as some fringe group, yet managed to do so with equal parts grit and optimism - a balancing act no other political figure today is able to pull off so successfully. While the Palin speech added little new from her now all too well known playbook of political cliches and generalizations, the thousands attending the Searchlight rally appeared more than satisfied with what they widely regard as common sense truths that few other national figures are willing to declare for fear of inciting increasingly determined media and political retribution. Palin not only appears unfazed by said retribution, but in fact welcomes it, wearing those attacks with a clear sense of willful pride.

Will Palin be the next great conservative American leader - or is she instead undergoing the important task of preparing the way? As Goldwater did for Reagan, is Palin doing the same for a future national conservative? Palin not only loves the spotlight, but thrives in it - perhaps indicating an ego unwilling to pass the torch to another. And with such a devout following of millions across the nation, would those followers even allow her to do so?

The Searchlight gathering will prove a political harbinger for things to come - namely the substantial Republican gains that are now a near-certainty in both the House and Senate in the 2010 Election. But what of 2012? Will this momentum continue to build and thus relegate Obama to one-termer status? That question is far too difficult to answer at this point, due in great part to Obama having earned some legitimate political street cred with successful passage of his health care bill. While there is much to disagree with in that bill, and while the political price may prove substantial to both he and all Democrats in the near-term, its passage proves that Obama is no longer one to be dismissed as a political light weight. He will fight hard for a victory in 2012, and clearly has the skill, and now proven political will, to secure another presidential victory.

For now Palin and her Tea Party supporters represent the widespread dissatisfaction with Washington DC, while at the moment, President Barack Obama IS Washington DC, with all its great power and failings contained therein.

Who will win out? Will it be the loosely organized grass roots anti-Big Government dissent, or the highly coordinated might of the White House and fellow ruling-class DC-power brokers?

Only in America...

• Thanks
Reactions: 007
So people who don't live or vote in Nevada descended on the state to tell Nevadans who to vote for. I bet that went over well. Carpetbaggers usually do

just like you libtards wanted the UN to oversee US elections.. how do they grow you so dumb. as I remember it you guys cheered when other countries wrote to tell Americans who to vote for.. ohhh jeeeeze. louise..

just like you libtards wanted the UN to oversee US elections.. how do they grow you so dumb. as I remember it you guys cheered when other countries wrote to tell Americans who to vote for.. ohhh jeeeeze. louise..

Excuse me? Who are the "libtards" that you're talking about?

I don't know of ANYONE who wants the UN to "oversee" US elections.

So people who don't live or vote in Nevada descended on the state to tell Nevadans who to vote for. I bet that went over well. Carpetbaggers usually do

Let's wait and see how many pitch up when Harry speaks.... if we're really lucky, he'll bring Obama with him. Nevadans love Obama, especially since he told vacationers not to go there. :lol::lol::lol::lol: Lucky that the state doesn't rely on tourism much....

oh, wait.... Las Vegas.... that's actually in Nevada, right?

Oops.

Nobody ever wanted the UN to oversee US elections

You need to listen to more than Glenn Beck

Last edited:

Let's wait and see how many pitch up when Harry speaks.... if we're really lucky, he'll bring Obama with him. Nevadans love Obama, especially since he told vacationers not to go there. :lol::lol::lol::lol: Lucky that the state doesn't rely on tourism much....
Oops.

Yes ...Mean old Barack

Told people who can't pay their bills not to spend it on a Vegas Vacation

Sounds like personal responsibility to me

Oops.

Yes ...Mean old Barack

Like he gives a shit. :lol::lol::lol::lol: I've never heard him voice concern about 'individual responsibility', just 'wealth redistribution'.

Fact remains, if the tourists don't come, people in Vegas lose their jobs. Just pointing out the fucking obviously to the moronic borglike followers.

Oops.

Yes ...Mean old Barack

obamalama can't pay the fucking bills either but that doesn't stop him from spending.. doesn't being a hypocrite hurt???

Oops.

Yes ...Mean old Barack

obamalama can't pay the fucking bills either but that doesn't stop him from spending.. doesn't being a hypocrite hurt???

I might have been more impressed with rightwingers support of such a responsible attitude towards finances IF he wasn't quite so enthusiastic about spending the apparent bottomless pit of money that come from the taxpayers.

It is, indeed, laughably stupid to encourage Government spending and then talk about 'personal responsibility'. I wonder if rightwinger is aware of the irony? Somehow I doubt it.

Oops.

Yes ...Mean old Barack

Like he gives a shit. :lol::lol::lol::lol: I've never heard him voice concern about 'individual responsibility', just 'wealth redistribution'.

Fact remains, if the tourists don't come, people in Vegas lose their jobs. Just pointing out the fucking obviously to the moronic borglike followers.

Vegas is Sin City.........People cut down on sin when they don't have the $$$

Cities that rely on vacation and entertainment dollars suffer most in a recession.

Thats the way it should be. It shows that people are cutting out extravagance

Last edited:
Wasn't Searchlight just the first stop on a tour that ends in DC on tax day?

____
That is correct - it will either prove a growing anti-Big Government movement that will prepare the electorate for a 2010 political reset, or it will fade out.

For now it appears the movement has legs and is going to continue growing heading into November...

Wasn't Searchlight just the first stop on a tour that ends in DC on tax day?

____
That is correct - it will either prove a growing anti-Big Government movement that will prepare the electorate for a 2010 political reset, or it will fade out.

For now it appears the movement has legs and is going to continue growing heading into November...

Did anyone get called a ****** or a faggot? Did the Tea Baggers spit on anyone today? Oh wait...there weren't any blcaks present today, as these were Tea Baggers supporting a GOP candidate....never mind.

One must wonder how many tens of millions are being funneled to ACORN-like get out the vote campaigns via the billions left unspent of the "stimulus" money?

Rather sickening...

Yes "ACORN-like"......code word for anyone who tries to register young and urban voters

___

Rather anyone who undergoes rampant voter registration fraud on the taxpayers' dime.

That would be far more accurate and "Acorn-like"...

Forum List

Back