Beyond Hypocrisy?

jwoodie

Platinum Member
Aug 15, 2012
I understand the tendency to excuse one's own candidate or party, based on necessity/practicality, from the same sins committed by one's opponents, but I am mystified by the mental process which allows genuine moral outrage to simply evaporate due to a change in the cast of characters.

Case in point: Cindy Sheehan was absolutely apoplectic about the death of her son in Bush's wars, yet couldn't care less about continuing U.S. casualties in Afghanistan. Can someone explain this seeming paradox?

I understand the tendency to excuse one's own candidate or party, based on necessity/practicality, from the same sins committed by one's opponents, but I am mystified by the mental process which allows genuine moral outrage to simply evaporate due to a change in the cast of characters.

Case in point: Cindy Sheehan was absolutely apoplectic about the death of her son in Bush's wars, yet couldn't care less about continuing U.S. casualties in Afghanistan. Can someone explain this seeming paradox?

She was not upset by the war per say, she was upset Bush was involved. A Republican. As soon as a Democrat was in charge it was ok to be at war.

Forum List

Back