Beware Rich People Who Say They Want to Change the World

look in the mirror sap

I donā€™t care if a person has money, or if they are a Democrat or a
Republican, I donā€™t begrudge another person because of their attained wealth, you on the other hand...
Me ? I support a man who gave 60 years of service to America You and other s here seem to support the AH who spent 60 years serving himself See the difference pap ? And I'm FAR from jealous or envious of trump or morons like you I will plead guilty to partisan

I don't know who you are talking about as far as the 60 years of service crap but I don't give support to the current administration anymore than I did the Obama administration. Your opinion of Trump is based on his politics and nothing else because he reminds me so much of Bill Clinton except Bill had a better filter and fear of a wife that would clobber him. The idea that you name call shows your jealousy and envy, so it is all good on my side.

My point is that I don't trust the government as they are just as greedy as some corporations and I also don't label all rich people as bad, whether they are Democrat or Republican. I know some very giving rich people on both sides of the aisle and I know tightwads from both sides of the aisle. The difference is most rich people don't care who the President is, they make money no matter what.

The government needs to charge, tax, penalize, add interest, find errors to justify their jobs, that negative aspect of the government hurts all Americans.
I love Gates Buffett and Bezos Are they wealthy? and between his service in the Navy and the years in Congress McCain served America for 60 years or so

McCain was a career politician who served in the military. I appreciate his military service and am glad he served. As a public servant he was not that great he led us to the Citizens United ruling which ruined the political landscape and for that I find his record less than stellar and I couldn't vote for the guy as President because of his lack thinking things through, he his giving in to easy over making tough decisions.

I don't care if you are in love with Gates, or anyone else, not my business, not sure what that has to do with anything I posted.
It had to do with you saying I label all rich people as bad AND as far as McCain goes it's too bad congress can't take a lesson from him with being BI partisan on some ocassions

IM2 said:
But in recent years world-changing has been co-opted by the rich and the powerful.
Recent Years ??
Karl Marx's Patron Was Friedrich Engels
Heir To A Textile Fortune

Liberalism Has Always Been The Plaything
Of Wealth And Leisure

Republican, I donā€™t begrudge another person because of their attained wealth, you on the other hand...
Me ? I support a man who gave 60 years of service to America You and other s here seem to support the AH who spent 60 years serving himself See the difference pap ? And I'm FAR from jealous or envious of trump or morons like you I will plead guilty to partisan

I don't know who you are talking about as far as the 60 years of service crap but I don't give support to the current administration anymore than I did the Obama administration. Your opinion of Trump is based on his politics and nothing else because he reminds me so much of Bill Clinton except Bill had a better filter and fear of a wife that would clobber him. The idea that you name call shows your jealousy and envy, so it is all good on my side.

My point is that I don't trust the government as they are just as greedy as some corporations and I also don't label all rich people as bad, whether they are Democrat or Republican. I know some very giving rich people on both sides of the aisle and I know tightwads from both sides of the aisle. The difference is most rich people don't care who the President is, they make money no matter what.

The government needs to charge, tax, penalize, add interest, find errors to justify their jobs, that negative aspect of the government hurts all Americans.
I love Gates Buffett and Bezos Are they wealthy? and between his service in the Navy and the years in Congress McCain served America for 60 years or so

McCain was a career politician who served in the military. I appreciate his military service and am glad he served. As a public servant he was not that great he led us to the Citizens United ruling which ruined the political landscape and for that I find his record less than stellar and I couldn't vote for the guy as President because of his lack thinking things through, he his giving in to easy over making tough decisions.

I don't care if you are in love with Gates, or anyone else, not my business, not sure what that has to do with anything I posted.
It had to do with you saying I label all rich people as bad AND as far as McCain goes it's too bad congress can't take a lesson from him with being BI partisan on some ocassions

McCain-Feingold netted us the Citizens United decision and you think that bipartisanship was a good thing? I personally think the Citizens United decision has hurt politics today.

Yeah, you are a jealous, envious partisan ass.
look in the mirror sap

His service, yes. But I don't consider a part-time job that pays 140K a year as a service to our country.

look in the mirror sap

His service, yes. But I don't consider a part-time job that pays 140K a year as a service to our country.
Well then there are 100's more in congress you don't consider serving our country?

edward37 said:
AND as far as McCain goes it's too bad congress can't take a lesson from him with being BI partisan on some ocassions
'Some Occasions' ??
McCain Was Democrat Enough
John Kerry Had An Hours Long Meeting With McCain
When Kerry Was Looking For A VP Running Mate

This Was After The NYT Published A Wool-Gathering Op-Ed
By A NYCU Professor That Suggested That As The Perfect Ticket !!
NYT Op-Ed Page Runs The Democrat's Party From On High

Beware Rich People Who Say They Want to Change the World

ā€œChange the worldā€ has long been the cry of the oppressed. But in recent years world-changing has been co-opted by the rich and the powerful.

ā€œChange the world. Improve lives. Invent something new,ā€ McKinsey & Companyā€™s recruiting materials say. ā€œSit back, relax, and change the world,ā€ tweets the World Economic Forum, host of the Davos conference. ā€œLetā€™s raise the capital that builds the things that change the world,ā€ a Morgan Stanley ad says. Walmart, recruiting a software engineer, seeks an ā€œeagerness to change the world.ā€ Mark Zuckerberg of Facebook says, ā€œThe best thing to do now, if you want to change the world, is to start a company.ā€

At first, you think: Rich people making a difference ā€” so generous! Until you consider that America might not be in the fix itā€™s in had we not fallen for the kind of change these winners have been selling: fake change.

Fake change isnā€™t evil; itā€™s milquetoast. It is change the powerful can tolerate. Itā€™s the shoes or socks or tote bag you bought which promised to change the world. Itā€™s that one awesome charter school ā€” not equally funded public schools for all. It is Lean In Circles to empower women ā€” not universal preschool. It is impact investing ā€” not the closing of the carried-interest loophole.

Of course, world-changing initiatives funded by the winners of market capitalism do heal the sick, enrich the poor and save lives. But even as they give back, American elites generally seek to maintain the system that causes many of the problems they try to fix ā€” and their helpfulness is part of how they pull it off. Thus their do-gooding is an accomplice to greater, if more invisible, harm.

More.

American elites are monopolizing progress, and monopolies can be broken. Aggressive policies to protect workers, redistribute income, and make education and health affordable would bring real change. But such measures could also prove expensive for the winners. Which gives them a strong interest in convincing the public that they can help out within the system that so benefits the winners.

Opinion | Beware Rich People Who Say They Want to Change the World
Yeah, itā€™s probably a much safer bet to listen to the guy in the grey overcoat and charcoal fedora who shows up at your door and tells you heā€™s from the government and heā€™s there to help.

Beware of people using upheld fists wanting to change the world.

True that. The pumping fist is the symbol of violence, thuggery, and oppression given to us by wonderful shitheads such as Lenin, Stalin, Mao, Castro, etc.

Anyone bearing that mark can shove both their pumping fist and whatever "revolution" BS they're peddling, right up their own ass.

The black fist ended overt white racism. I do think that you whites need to shut up about shitheads given the US record. I know you don't understand that , but you really need to.

Actually it was white people who ended racism. It was also white people who ended slavery in this country, Republicans, as a matter of fact.

Learn something about American history.

Forum List

Back