Beware of the cheap, low cost Laptops

A friend of mine brought over a laptop he bought only a few weeks ago, complaining he can't install anything and gets memory errors. I open it up...confused for a minute... 32 GB memory??....what is this?
I had no idea these things existed.
They are now selling brand new laptops under $200.
There's a catch.... a BIG one... it has no hard drive. No, it doesn't have an SSD drive either....they call it "emmc"...which is basically an internal thumb drive.
So...you can't really install much of anything. Not without buying a memory card to plug in.

And another thing, some of them come with only 2 GB RAM....that is criminally low.

I saw these...they are marketed as "chromebooks" instead of laptops...just say no.

A friend of mine brought over a laptop he bought only a few weeks ago, complaining he can't install anything and gets memory errors. I open it up...confused for a minute... 32 GB memory??....what is this?
There's a catch.... a BIG one... it has no hard drive. No, it doesn't have an SSD drive either....they call it "emmc"...which is basically an internal thumb drive.
So...you can't really install much of anything. Not without buying a memory card to plug in.

And another thing, some of them come with only 2 GB RAM....that is criminally low.

I saw these...they are marketed as "chromebooks" instead of laptops...just say no.

Chromebook is a different OS, doesn't eat as much memory but yes, it is still basically a "portable browser". Your smart phone is faster, and has more memory than these.

Chromebook is a different OS, doesn't eat as much memory but yes, it is still basically a "portable browser". Your smart phone is faster, and has more memory than these.
acea92d4339b706100d3f51807d827db.jpg

Yes, I am agreed with you, we have to be aware of these type of luring offers. Before buying the laptop we just not consider the cheap budget but also must be checked out the configuration of the laptop also.

Forum List

Back