Beware: 11,000 psychotics on streets

Doc91678

Rookie
Nov 13, 2012
Binghamton
By GARY BUISO
December 30, 2012

The city streets are teeming with thousands of mentally ill homeless people capable of psychotic acts of random violence if left untreated, experts warned yesterday.

As many as 11,000 of the city’s 33,000 homeless adults have some form of mental illness, said D.J. Jaffe, executive director of the Mental Illness Policy Organization.

Of that number, about 3,300 are potentially violent, Jaffe said.

“When untreated, they’re capable of horrific acts,” said Jaffe. “The danger is that they’re so sick that they don’t know they’re sick, and their brain is incapable of regulating their own behavior.”

He urged New Yorkers to be especially wary of people screaming at voices only they can hear, wearing tons of clothes in the summer or eating out of trash cans.

“But if you’re walking down the street, you know who’s mentally ill — it doesn’t take a nuclear scientist.”

Jaffe said steps must be taken to strengthen Kendra’s Law — a loophole-ridden 1999 measure intended to allow courts to forcibly treat the dangerously unhinged.

“We want mandatory evaluations of all mentally ill who are being released from jails, prisons or involuntary hospitalizations,” he said.

[snip]

Read more at:
Beware: 11,000 of NYC's 33,000 homeless adults have some form of mental illness - NYPOST.com

1. Capable of psychotic acts of random violence.

2. Don't know they're mentally ill.

3. Brain incapable of regulating their own behavior.

4. Screaming at voices only they can hear.

5. Eating out of trash cans.

6. Inappropriate clothing.

7. Normal people can identify them as being mentally ill.

Sounds to me like the PERFECT definition of an atypical LEFTIST/LIBERAL.

You think that is bad? Try taking a tour of the Capital Building while they are in sesion!

1. Capable of psychotic acts of random violence.

2. Don't know they're mentally ill.

3. Brain incapable of regulating their own behavior.

4. Screaming at voices only they can hear.

5. Eating out of trash cans.

6. Inappropriate clothing.

7. Normal people can identify them as being mentally ill.

Sounds to me like the PERFECT definition of an atypical LEFTIST/LIBERAL.

Sounds like the religious right to me. Nope, nothing crazy about magic underwear either.

New Topics

Forum List

Back