Between a rock and a hard place: refugee women from Syria seeking a safe place

Sally

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2012
See how lucky we are not having to live like this.

Between a rock and a hard place: refugee women from Syria seeking a safe place
616x372_syrian_refugees_in_lebanon.png
© Giles Clarke/Getty Images Reportage

By Liz McKean, Amnesty International UK's Programme Director for Women's Human Rights

'Sometimes we feel like we are not living. I feel like I am not living'. - Rouba*, a Palestinian refugee from Syria, now living in Lebanon
Reading through the testimonies of women impacted by the conflict in Syria brings new meaning to the phrase ‘between a rock and a hard place’.
It is easy to be overwhelmed and lost in the politics and media reports on how governments should respond to a refugee crisis on a scale not seen on our shores since the 1940s. But at the centre of this are the personal stories of many, including women and children, who are making life or death choices, and who now make up over 55% of those making the perilous journey to find refuge in Europe.

'I never got the chance to sleep'

This includes Girls like Arwa who at just 15 years old, was abducted in a village south of Mount Sinjar. She was held in IS captivity in Syria and Iraq, where she was raped, before escaping
Continue reading at:

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]https://www.amnesty.org.uk/blogs/ca...d-place-refugee-women-syria-seeking-safe-plac[/FONT]

Amnesty.org ....... isn't that financed by George Soros?

I guess you were too busy doing other things because you seem to have missed all the articles about how difficult life is for these women.

I guess you were too busy doing other things because you seem to have missed all the articles about how difficult life is for these women.
Those women deserve help. All the help. Please note: women ....of course their children too. My inquiry was not aimed at denying help for them.

Those women deserve help. All the help. Please note: women ....of course their children too. My inquiry was not aimed at denying help for them.

It appeared that you thought the story was false because you don't like Amnesty International (George Soros). I imagine there are very few people who like him, but Google is your friend. You could have found other sources reporting on these suffering women.

Forum List

Back