Betty White

Gracie

Diamond Member
Feb 13, 2013
Lost
The OP from another place I wandered to fits me. Am I the only one that is not thrilled with her? The blue is my nodding my head in agreement.

Do you know anyone who dislikes Betty White?
For some reason, my 62-year-old mom CAN'T STAND her. I don't know if it's more residual dislike of Rose Nyland for being so dumb on Golden Girls or just that she's so vulgar for an older lady and that offends my mom for some reason, but she's said to me at least three times out of the blue that she doesn't get why Betty White is so popular.

I've always like her, especially on MTM show. However, she is suffering from severe over exposure.

Bea Arthur couldn't stand her either and reportedly referred to her as "that c*nt" to other people

I am sort of sick of her. Though I recognize and respect the reasons for all the attention in the past two years, I still sometimes think, "enough already."

There were a lot of people who didn't much care for Betty White in the 50s and the 60s. She was considered bland and boring and sickeningly sweet. It wasn't until she played against type on MTM that she started gaining the following she still has today. She didn't show that raunchy sense of humor on game and talk shows until after she played Sue Ann Nivens.

Love her love of animals, but sick of her now.

Betty White should hang it up. She is no longer funny and her acting career has long run its course. Now she just looks like a foolish old woman trying too hard and not making it.

I'm in my 60s also and I can't stand betty white either. Sure she was the dippy, stupid Rose Nylund of the Golden Girls but I like that show a lot. I just don't like the Hot in Cleveland show. To me, its never funny when an old person uses bad language, tells dirty jokes or makes sexual inuendos. It's just not. Then there are her constant references to her age. We know she's so old they need to throw dirt over her, but she's obviously greedy and plans to work until she drops dead. She will most likely leave her mass wealth to her dogs. She's that type. Somebody please tell Betty White she's neither clever nor funny. Why can't she stay home in her rocking chair? Hot in Cleveland could be a halfway amusing sitcom but definitely without Ms. White.

These are just a few of the responses.
Personally, I always liked her...until Golden Girls. Just too damn stupid of a character and now it's overkill how much she is fawned over and she IS pretty raunchy nowadays. Most think it's cute. I think it's gross but I don't know why I think that.

What's your opinion of Betty White?

There were a lot of responses too of people who got totally pissed off at the OP for asking the question and how dare she not like betty white.

I like her.

She is overexposed, but that's hardly her fault. Blame Hollyweird for putting most actresses out to pasture before they're 30 years old. There are tons of old men in shows, but very very few old women, and most of the women play agonizingly dull and forgettable characters. Kind of stupid since women generally outlive men.

Then again there's that granny in that car commercial - "HEADS UP!!!" :laugh:

Her humor is based on being anti-typical 80 year old granny type. Have her act like the typical 80 year old granny and we all would be saying she is boring.....

The character she played in Golden Girls was just like the characters that got he started in the 1950's, a dumb blonde..

Forum List

Back