~Betty Ford Dies~

Dabs

~Unpredictable~
May 13, 2011
~Tennessee~
Just now, across my AOL homepage, a ticker popped up saying: Betty Ford has died at the age of 93.

She slid down the slippery slope into addiction, no doubt aggravated by the scandals of the Nixon Administration coupled with the pressures of public life when Gerald became President by default.

But like so many first ladies have done, she overcame adversity and went on to devote her time, talents, and fortune in public service. The Betty Ford Clinic will almost certainly outlive her and her grandchildren.

RIP grand lady. You lived long and well.

Betty%20Ford.jpg

“Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.” – Benjamin Franklin

Cheers Betty!

Former first lady Betty Ford dies at 93

LOS ANGELES (AP) — Betty Ford's children and relatives are traveling to Palm Springs to make funeral arrangements for the former First Lady. Ford died Friday at the Eisenhower Medical Center in Palm Springs.
There'll be a service in Palm Springs over the next couple days.
Ford's body will be sent to Michigan for burial alongside former President Gerald Ford, who is buried at his namesake library in Grand Rapids.

She was a true American. Lots of class, always ready to stand for what was right and extremely graceful. Gerald and Betty Ford led lives that made the lives of others better. And for that..we are in their debt.

Betty was an average woman thrust into the limelight. She openly revealed her problems for all to see and encouraged others to seek treatment for breast cancer and substance abuse

Can you imagine a Republican today supporting the equal rights amendment?

Fellow first lady Nancy Reagan also was "deeply saddened" by the news.

"She has been an inspiration to so many through her efforts to educate women about breast cancer and her wonderful work at the Betty Ford Center," Reagan said. "She was Jerry Ford's strength through some very difficult days in our country's history, and I admired her courage in facing and sharing her personal struggles with all of us."

Rest in peace, dear woman. You were a grand lady who made a positive difference. I like what your husband of 58 years said, after becoming the POTUS. "I am indebted to no man and to only one woman, my dear wife."

I liked her and her husband very much. The Betty Ford Clinic serves such a useful purpose. Instead of keeping her problems a secret, she used them as an opportunity to help others. God bless and keep her always. What a special lady.

She slid down the slippery slope into addiction, no doubt aggravated by the scandals of the Nixon Administration coupled with the pressures of public life when Gerald became President by default.

But like so many first ladies have done, she overcame adversity and went on to devote her time, talents, and fortune in public service. The Betty Ford Clinic will almost certainly outlive her and her grandchildren.

RIP grand lady. You lived long and well.

Betty%20Ford.jpg

Couldn't have said it better myself.

RIP Betty Ford.

Forum List

Back