Better Stay Out of Nevada

I couldn't even walk onto the glass floor at the CN tower in Toronto. Shit, went up to the observation deck way up on the needle and was hugging the wall.

"Nazi Nevada" really Willow!?!? I hope you saying this as a joke. As the world falls down around us, terrorists(home grown and not) are looking for anything that would effect millions of lives to make their twised point. What better target than a national monument and something that provides power to many people.
I see nothing wrong with the added security, as they always say "If you're not doing anything wrong then you have nothing to worry about."

sheesh,, have you no sense of content, perspective and most of all humor?

Ah. The "It was All a Joke" gambit.

while they are checkin yer car you can bet your sweet califonia bippy they will check yer papers too. so you caleeeeeefornicators better stay out of Nevada.. run hide,, the white people will get you

sheesh,, have you no sense of content, perspective and most of all humor?

while they are checkin yer car you can bet your sweet califonia bippy they will check yer papers too. so you caleeeeeefornicators better stay out of Nevada.. run hide,, the white people will get you

Going to AZ this summer and I and my daughter will BOTH have our passports.

BTW...It's C a l i f o R n i a.

BTW...I've been to Nevada AND to the Hoover Dam a few times since 9/11....I am perfectly willing to have my car checked out. You seem a little nervous tho. I wonder why.

Last edited:
my2¢;2325202 said:
Hopefully they'll finally complete the Mike O'Callaghan-Pat Tillman Memorial Bridge within next few years and get the road off the top of the dam and away from the tourists.

C-FHWA-004-348_lowrez.jpg

I saw this thing when they were starting it years ago, and all I could think was, I hope they're building that sucker earth quake proof, because Nevada/kullyfornia is prone to some pretty significant shakers, even the Vegas area. How would you like to be in the middle of going across that thing and have a 7.0 hit and the bridge collapse? :lol:

And yes, they've been searching vehicles going across the damn since 9/11.

4624048913_c8c0622909_b.jpg

Last edited:

Going to AZ this summer and I and my daughter will BOTH have our passports.

BTW...It's C a l i f o R n i a.

BTW...I've been to Nevada AND to the Hoover Dam a few times since 9/11....I am perfectly willing to have my car checked out. You seem a little nervous tho. I wonder why.

I'm just nervous for you chicken little californiacators who seem to fear white people.. they will check you papers in nazi nevada.. better not go there.

You know folks, when I lived in San Diego, for ten years, We used to travel south of the border to and through "TJ" Tijuana and other spots like Ensenada.

TWICE back then, over a couple of years leaving Mexico, the Mexican border people searched not only my car but the whole lot of us. Trunk, Glove box, mirrors underneath the vehicle, open the hood, everything it seemed but being frisked manually. OH, did I mention, that was in the 1960's. Even back then for whatever reason there was something that must have concerned Mexican/American police and border guards, who knows, they found it necessary to increase the border security.

The world today is not the same of the world of yesterday and it is not ever going backwards. I would prefer being searched, detained and even frisked if it prevents one innocent person in this country from being turned into 'Kibbles n Bits'.

Most of the time we are never made aware of how many lives are saved each day by being eternally vigilant by those who risk their lives daily, either in military or civilians employed to 'stand the watch' , giving up more than their share of time to be of service to this great country. The side effects of this vigilance is what most would call, loss of freedom, or government intrusion etc,the end result most of the time, thank God, is that we lose no American lives, or ANY others who may be visiting this country who are not citizens.

Go across the Hoover Damn and they will search your cars.. Travel alert.. Travel Alert.. Stay out of Nevada. Boycott Nevada..

Hoover Dam - Hoover Dam Las Vegas - Vegas Attractions | VEGAS.com

Because of heightened security, all vehicles attempting to cross the dam are subject to inspection. Some vehicles -- all trailers, motorhomes and rental trucks -- will be inspected with no exception.

This is not America folks. This is Nazi Nevada..

"Nazi Nevada" really Willow!?!? I hope you saying this as a joke. As the world falls down around us, terrorists(home grown and not) are looking for anything that would effect millions of lives to make their twised point. What better target than a national monument and something that provides power to many people.
I see nothing wrong with the added security, as they always say "If you're not doing anything wrong then you have nothing to worry about."

Not to mention the destruction from gushing water if the dam were blown.

my2¢;2325292 said:
The view of the bridge from the dam is incredible, its scale is simply amazing. This job would freak me out:

42815-3.jpg

Now that would be a fun job. Folks, after the first 30 ft, it really doesn't count, in any case. Other than the fact you would have a little time to contemplate your sudden stop at the bottom.:eek:

Forum List

Back