Better not happen.

Good for you. You weren't victimized.

I promise you, the majority of girls who, at 13, NEED contraceptives, are being victimized.
What do you have to back that up?

To begin with, it's a crime for them to have sex, period. With kids their own age, with older people, with anyone.
It varies state by state. For example, it's not illegal in NY if both parties are under 16 years old. I don't know of any states where it's a "crime" for 2 13 year olds to have sex.
So if you know about it and allow it, you are responsible for a crime. Get it?If your primary concern upon discovering your 13 year old is having sex is that she might get pregnant in the future, you've got issues.
Again, a matter of perspective. I see it differently.

Last edited:
Run your perspective by a child welfare worker and let me know how that goes for you, sicko.

Yes, because EVERYONE who has premarital sex catches AIDS.

Way to commit an even BIGGER failure of what you accuse me of.

Would you want your daughter to take that chance? I wouldn't....the schools are taking away parents rights, and the govt is helping.

Parents have less right than ever before. We can't even spank our kids anymore...you touch them and the courts tell them they can sue....their OWN parents!
There's no sense in getting overly-dramatic, about it. :rolleyes:

What I always found so ironic, was.....if one adult....took a stick/belt/paddle/electrical-cord/whatever.....to another adult.....it'd be considered assault!

Yet......if they do it to their own child.....it's considered discipline.

I surely don't understand those folks who need to use a weapon on one o' their own kids.​

I don't agree with anyone using a stick/belt/paddle/electrical-cord for ANY punishment! But a couple swats on the butt doesn't hurt them at all! People can't even do THAT anymore! We never really had to spank ours at all....my husband wouldn't spank, and i'm kind of small, and my kids would almost laugh at me ... :)

But we also TALKED to our kids. We talked about everything. We were blunt with them about what could happen if they take chances, with anything. The most trouble we ever had with our kids was our son came in drunk one night when he was a senior in HS (his best friends dad was a cop in town and he brought him home!) and he puked on my living room rug. I never had ONE problem with our daughter. They weren't afraid to talk to us about anything.....and sometimes i wished they didn't want to tell us!

My husband and i both worked full time while the kids were growing up. So there is NO excuse for anybodies kids to not know and be taught...by their own parents!

And it is hard, hard work to keep an eye on them at that age...and sometimes they still slip the collar...I'm dealing with that now, I have an almost 14 y.o. testing all sorts of boundaries...but you can control them with just sheer determination and doggedness. Constant talking, amen...I know very well my adolescent wants me to shut the hell up 3/4 of the time. I can see his eyes glaze over. But see...that's the punishment. Disrespect brings long and tedious hours of..horrors....TALKING.

I see no one has any real refutation of my point.
Namely that if your kid goes to school to obtain birth control, the parent has failed.

Unless you consider teen pregnancy a WIN.

Tell you what, if you guarantee that your slut daughter won't take any TAXPAYER MONEY for your bastard grandchild, you can have an exclusion from this policy. But when the REST OF US are on the SOCIAL SERVICES hook for YOUR FAILURE to keep your daughters JEANS ON, it's OUR BUSINESS TOO, isn't it?

There is no place for common sense in this discussion. Obviously, some people would rather that babies keep having babies. Stick their heads in the sand and throw away contraception.

Sadly, the children of people like this very seldom actually talk to their parents. Reading these comments shows us why they talk to the school nurse but not to mom and dad.

As for the school, don't blame them for following the law and for doing what you failed to do.

And it is hard, hard work to keep an eye on them at that age...and sometimes they still slip the collar...I'm dealing with that now, I have an almost 14 y.o. testing all sorts of boundaries...but you can control them with just sheer determination and doggedness. Constant talking, amen...I know very well my adolescent wants me to shut the hell up 3/4 of the time. I can see his eyes glaze over. But see...that's the punishment. Disrespect brings long and tedious hours of..horrors....TALKING.

Good for you. I believe good parenting is the hardest job on this planet.

There is NEVER a reason or excuse for hitting a child.

NEVER.

NO EXCEPTIONS.

Apropos this thread -

Are Conservative States' Sex Ed Programs Failing to Make the Grade? - Sexual Health Center - EverydayHealth.com

39.1 out of every 1,000 — that’s how many teenage girls gave birth in 2009 in the United States, according to statistics from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).

Compared to other industrialized countries, this number is pretty lofty: Live Science reports that in the United Kingdom, 24 out of every 1,000 teen girls gave birth that year, and only 4 out of every 1,000 had a baby in the Netherlands. But what about here in the United States — do birth rates vary state by state?

Namely that if your kid goes to school to obtain birth control, the parent has failed.

Tell you what, if you guarantee that your slut daughter won't take any TAXPAYER MONEY for your bastard grandchild, you can have an exclusion from this policy. But when the REST OF US are on the SOCIAL SERVICES hook for YOUR FAILURE to keep your daughters JEANS ON, it's OUR BUSINESS TOO, isn't it?

There is no place for common sense in this discussion. Obviously, some people would rather that babies keep having babies. Stick their heads in the sand and throw away contraception.

Sadly, the children of people like this very seldom actually talk to their parents. Reading these comments shows us why they talk to the school nurse but not to mom and dad.

As for the school, don't blame them for following the law and for doing what you failed to do.

No, obviously people like you would rather put your 12-13 yr old daughter on birth control so you don't have to worry about such things. Then she has free reign to go mess around...but you don't have to worry because she won't get pregnant! Save's you alot of parenting time and you don't have to talk to your child about the dangers of being sexually active. Sure, it's out of your hands and into the public schools....makes it MUCH easier for YOU!

No, obviously people like you would rather put your 12-13 yr old daughter on birth control so you don't have to worry about such things. Then she has free reign to go mess around...but you don't have to worry because she won't get pregnant! Save's you alot of parenting time and you don't have to talk to your child about the dangers of being sexually active. Sure, it's out of your hands and into the public schools....makes it MUCH easier for YOU!

you think not giving her birth control keeps her from "mess[ing] around"?

this is why puritanical uber religious types don't approach problems rationally.

Screw the school. They have zero right to inject children with ANYTHING.

Run your perspective by a child welfare worker and let me know how that goes for you, sicko.

it's not a crime for two underage teens to have sex.

it's illegal for an 'of age' teen to have sex with an underage teen.

you might want to check that out.

I have. It's a crime.
A 13 year old cannot give consent in any state, and if they do, they are committing a crime, as are their parents if they allow it.

"The following chart lists the unrestricted legal age of consent for each of the 50 states and DC. This means that at that age an individual can have sex with whomever they wish as long as that person is consenting and they are the same age or older."

"* Note: Some states make an age gap less of a crime but still a crime; where this is the case we have also listed 'No'."

Age Of Consent Chart For The United States
If a 15 year old has sex with a 13 year old in a state where the legal age is 16, the 15 year old will be charged with a crime in states that do not provide for age gap. If a state allows a 2-year age gap, they won't prosecute for kids with 2 years or less between them...but many states don't have that provision.

OK morons...so your daughter DOESN'T get the implant because you forbid it.

THEN WHAT HAPPENS?

crying_baby.gif

There, you've WON.
Too bad your daughter now has the responsibility of a kid when she's little more than one herself.

Don't worry, I'm sure her life won't be much different than if she waited 10 or 20 years.

My point is, you morons, that if the kid is having sex, simply stopping them from obtaining birth control at school ISN'T YOUR BIGGEST problem. It's that your KID IS HAVING SEX IDIOT!

If your kid feels they NEED to go behind your back to obtain birth control, you've failed as a parent.
Simple as that. Blaming the schools for your failure doesn't lessen your failure any.

that would be my daughters problem and mine. NOT yours, and NOT the schools.

you think not giving her birth control keeps her from "mess[ing] around"?

this is why puritanical uber religious types don't approach problems rationally.

Of course it isn't going to stop her...but which is it? Give her birth control so she can feel SAFE having sex? Everyone has different opinions...mine is to NOT encourage her to do it by putting her on the birth control, and talking to her and encouraging her NOT to have sex at such a young age. Teach her what can happen, educate her on the diseases and other risks....that's what i did and i had NO problems with my daughter that is now 27 yrs old.

This has NOTHING to do with religious types...it's common sense! It's NOT up to the schools or anyone else to do anything to my daughters body that i don't agree with. People like you shouldn't have children if all you're going to do is push them off on the schools or govt to raise.

Forum List

Back