Better have your cell phone turned on!

jillian

Princess
Apr 4, 2006
The Other Side of Paradise
For all of you that have that growth growing from the side of your face called a cell phone ... I hope you have it turned on!

Obama Plans Novel VP Announcement TXT | The Trail | washingtonpost.com

:eusa_eh:

It's certainly a creative way to get out the info... particularly if you need young voters coming out in droves.

They've done a lot of things like this... videos done from the campaign director's laptop and sent out in emails to supporters; a website debunking lies...

very savvy. whether it succeeds depends largely on whether younger//newer voters actually go out on election day.

It's certainly a creative way to get out the info... particularly if you need young voters coming out in droves.

They've done a lot of things like this... videos done from the campaign director's laptop and sent out in emails to supporters; a website debunking lies...

very savvy. whether it succeeds depends largely on whether younger//newer voters actually go out on election day.

Jillian .... I think it is brillant! Goes to show that Obama is "in touch" with younger voters. Much more so than McCain is, which could hurt him bigtime! When the votes are counted in the end.

My comment about the cell phone being attached to the side of your face is an inside joke I have with my kids, and grandkids. :lol:

Last edited:
Jillian .... I think it is brillant! Goes to show that Obama is "in touch" with younger voters. Much more so than McCain is, which could hurt him bigtime! When the votes are counted in the end.

My comment about the cell phone being attached to the side of your face is an inside joke I have with my kids, and grandkids. :lol:

I agree. It used technology brilliantly. There was a follow up email yesterday, too...

[Jillian]

I have some important news that I want to make official.

I've chosen Joe Biden to be my running mate.

Joe and I will appear for the first time as running mates this afternoon in Springfield, Illinois -- the same place this campaign began more than 19 months ago.

I'm excited about hitting the campaign trail with Joe, but the two of us can't do this alone. We need your help to keep building this movement for change.

Please let Joe know that you're glad he's part of our team. Share your personal welcome note and we'll make sure he gets it:

*skip*

Thanks for your support,

Barack

Now... we know that he doesn't have a clue who we are and he's certainly not our buddy... but it's an incredibly clever way to give people a vested interest in the success of the campaign.

It's part of why dems are so much more enthusiastic about their pick than the repubs are.

I agree. It used technology brilliantly. There was a follow up email yesterday, too...
Now... we know that he doesn't have a clue who we are and he's certainly not our buddy... but it's an incredibly clever way to give people a vested interest in the success of the campaign.
It's part of why dems are so much more enthusiastic about their pick than the repubs are.

:omg: OMG!!!! He has given Hillary a job! Sending out emails for him!!! :eek:

:slap: Silly, jillian :lol:

How easily impressed you are.

Except that it failed. Though I can see how a text message might impress old people :badgrin:

What a marvel of technology!

Next you'll be lauding the Obama campaign for creating a Facebook account :D

I heard he has a website, too :badgrin:

Except that it failed. Though I can see how a text message might impress old people :badgrin:

What a marvel of technology!

Next you'll be lauding the Obama campaign for creating a Facebook account :D

I heard he has a website, too :badgrin:

So will McCain inform your posse by Morse Code?

Oscar Bravo Alfa Mike Alfa!

I agree. It used technology brilliantly. ......
Except that they fucked it up. The text messages got out two hours after the announcment was reported.

1. If Obama couldn't get that simple job done right, how the hell is he going to run the country?
2. If Obama broke that promise to you, he'll break many others.

Anyone foolish enough to vote for this guy should have their head examined. :cuckoo:

Except that they fucked it up. The text messages got out two hours after the announcment was reported.

1. If Obama couldn't get that simple job done right, how the hell is he going to run the country?

Anyone foolish enough to vote for this guy should have their head examined. :cuckoo:

And THAT'S what you're banking on?

:eusa_whistle:

:lol: You actully are not blaming Obama directly for this, right? :lol: There are "spies" everyplace on the planet! Blame it on the media - they jumped on it and ran for the touchdown! :lol: lol

Newsvine - Obama's Text Message Stunt Spoiled By Media

Forum List

Back