Better banning process

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would like to add, that over the history of the board it has been recognized that some new members arrive here to soley be disruptive. And that they do so within the parameters of the rules, in such cases the admin and moderation staff make the best judgement for the board and can and will ban such members.

In simple terms we have the right to refuse service to anyone.

Such cases are very rare.

dmp said:
Because we don't run this board as a democracy. This board is a dictatorship. Often Jim will ask board members what they think about something - but the 'call' is made by Jim, or if Jim isn't here, then I make the call. When you're on the board staff you can expect your way of doing things to be shown. Until then, rest assured knowing you have moderators and admins who are more concerned about how this board operates than you likely know.

Extend what courtesy to Grump? eh?

Dictatorship is all well and good if it has the backing of the democratic majority.I know you are in a difficuilt position as admin and mods but..........sometimes........personality and mood interferes and moderation and administration can become more personal, not saying that happenned, but it can.

When I first posted here it was a bit hostile, Just my style, I feel as if I am accepted here now, but, as you well know, I could have been given the boot, how daft would you have looked if you had banned me, the most popular poster in USMB history:D Which brings me to my point, I know you don't ban posters willy nilly, You could have at least given me the chance to say, get rid, he's a fucking troll, or, he's alright, just misunderstood.We can't all pat each other on the back and agree, I hope I am not just here for a bit of controversy?:D Anyhoo, I give in, it's your board.I will continue to poke my big, handsome, muscular nose in as long as I am allowed, which will be until I get bored because everyone loves me and there would be a riot if you banned :beer: me.

The ClayTaurus said:
For the record, I think the word "****" is censored... yes?
Yes. I wonder what other naughty words I could test to see if they were filtered... but then I don't really care enough. **** **** **** **** ****!

roomy said:
Dictatorship is all well and good if it has the backing of the democratic majority.I know you are in a difficuilt position as admin and mods but..........sometimes........personality and mood interferes and moderation and administration can become more personal, not saying that happenned, but it can.

Good. I hope moderators use elements of their personality in deciding when to moderate.

dmp said:
That makes no sense, roomy. People having moderating power who applying personal opinion to posts makes 'censorship'? Are you reading this brother? Wtf?

It's OUR job to handle trolls. I've been doing board moderating for about 6 years now. I'm well versed in the language of trolls. See, we aren't going to wait around until a United Nations inspector groups sifts through evidence, prepares reports and ask the world to vote on whether or not that guy is a troll. We 'see' trollish behaviour and we execute his account. Why? Because like the USA is the biggest, baddest Mother-fucking country on the planet, USMB is the biggest baddest muther-fucking board on the net. We make decisions from the top down when we see bullshit new members who need to be purged from our 'society'.

We'll put a boot in your ass, it's the USMB way.

Don't talk fucking stupid girlie boy.I am talking to the men, kindly keep your effeminate nose out of the equation.,:D

roomy said:
Don't talk fucking stupid girlie boy.I am talking to the men, kindly keep your effeminate nose out of the equation.,:D

That's a blatant flame which as no bearing on the conversation. Your little smilie at the end doesn't make it any less un-called for.

dmp said:
That's a blatant flame which as no bearing on the conversation. Your little smilie at the end doesn't make it any less un-called for.
And your flagrant flaming of the situation did little to diffuse it.

dmp said:
You are NOT a better judge of who or who isn't a troll. You have no place to question me because I do not work for you. If you want to comment on my administration practices of this board, please do so via PM - as per the rules you agree to, in order to post here.

Absolutely I'm a better judge than you going from what I've seen over the past couple of months. Personally I don't think you are fit enough to be a mod let alone the administrator on this board, but Jim made the call for better or worse and I'll respect that. I initially saw Yukon as a liberal version of RWA, but I guess we'll never know...

Jim

On the intro thread you said this: It was hard to find a place that was moderated fairly and allowed for open and free debate. for starting the USMB

How does this marry with Darin saying crap like this: Because we don't run this board as a democracy. This board is a dictatorship.

Either you believe what you wrote in the intro thread or you don't. If you do, tell Darin to pull his head in or give up his role in the USMB. He is becoming a bore.

The only thing I agree on is that Yukon should have a chosen a different thread. A PM would have sorted that out...

Once and for all everybody, I do not know who Yukon is or ever was anywhere ever, my fucking 2penneth worth is of my own volition and I stand and fall by it.

roomy said:
And your flagrant flaming of the situation did little to diffuse it.

I'm closing this thread, not as a matter of censorship, but because we have the thread re-opened in the chat section so that we can all chat...

Dr Grump said:
Jim

On the intro thread you said this: It was hard to find a place that was moderated fairly and allowed for open and free debate. for starting the USMB

How does this marry with Darin saying crap like this: Because we don't run this board as a democracy. This board is a dictatorship.

Either you believe what you wrote in the intro thread or you don't. If you do, tell Darin to pull his head in or give up his role in the USMB. He is becoming a bore.

The only thing I agree on is that Yukon should have a chosen a different thread. A PM would have sorted that out...

I do believe what I wrote initially and I believe I am proving it right now as I have time and time again. Please ask direct questions in the thread in the chat section, as this thread no longer needs to be open either. I'm not censoring, just don't want the same conversation all over the board. I will re-name that thread appropriately...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back