Beto 2020

rightwinger

Award Winning USMB Paid Messageboard Poster
Aug 4, 2009
Makes no sense

Political neophyte who lost to Ted Cruz. No real political experience

But 2020 is no ordinary election year. Anti Trump fervor will be in full force. Beto needs only follow the Obama 2008 model

He is a white Obama. Young, handsome, charismatic
He will have strong Hispanic support
The Democratic field is weak and geriatric
He may be able to take Texas away from Trump
He should be able to get out the vote
Unlike Hillary ......he is like able

Maybe he's running for Prez so the eventual nominee will pick him up for VP to get the Hispanic vote.

Yeah. I'm that cynical.

Has he announced that he's going to run?

I wouldn't discount him, for the many reasons you listed in the OP rightwinger

He almost CRUSHED the GOP stronghold in Texas, no small feat.

Maybe he's running for Prez so the eventual nominee will pick him up for VP to get the Hispanic vote.

Yeah. I'm that cynical.
He has nothing to lose
He could get lucky

Others have settled for VP and moved up

Has he announced that he's going to run?

I wouldn't discount him, for the many reasons you listed in the OP rightwinger

He almost CRUSHED the GOP stronghold in Texas, no small feat.
He has nothing to lose

He is charismatic and will draw support

Beto would have to do two things to win

Beat a Democratic field of Biden, Sanders,Warren and be the preferred candidate over Booker, Harris

Then go head to head with an unpopular sitting president who may be facing indictment

Not easy..... but not out of the question

Beto would have to do two things to win

Beat a Democratic field of Biden, Sanders,Warren and be the preferred candidate over Booker, Harris

Then go head to head with an unpopular sitting president who may be facing indictment

Not easy..... but not out of the question
Personally, I don't think Booker, nor Harris have a chance.

I believe Democrats, the nation over, have learned from 2016, they're not going to let party shenanigans slide, they've had it, no more Establishment candidates.

Booker and Harris are dead before they even start. Dead.

Because Biden is likable, he'll have a shot, although he's really Establishment, but he does have "roots" bonafides.

Makes no sense

But 2020 is no ordinary election year. Anti Trump fervor will be in full force. Beto needs only follow the Obama 2008 model

Another plastic politician, beholden to big donors who swears once in awhile to "keep it real". What could go wrong with that choice?

Oddly, I do see how he could appeal to those who don't care about policies, but if Trump promotes his effort to stand up to foreign abusers, especially China, it will be difficult for anyone to think Beto would not just allow Communist China to abuse your economy again.

I know this, doesn't matter who the Democrats choose, my go-to move if I am Trump is, "if you elect them, you're electing a friendly government to Communist China" Period end of story.

The video montage against the Dems should be from the years 2008-2016, constant comments, reminders of Chinas dominance and Americas lost industries. Game, set, match in my humble opinion.

Last edited:
Makes no sense

Another plastic politician, beholden to big donors who swears once in awhile to "keep it real". What could go wrong with that choice?

Oddly, I do see how he could appeal to those who don't care about policies, but if Trump promotes his effort to stand up to foreign abusers, especially China, it will be difficult for anyone to think Beto would not just allow Communist China to abuse your economy again.

I know this, doesn't matter who the Democrats choose, my go to move if I am Trump is, "if you elect them, you're electing a friendly government to Communist China" Period end of story.

The video montage against the Dems should be from the yeas 2008-2016, constant comments, reminders of Chinas dominance and Americas lost industries. Game, set, match in my humble opinion.
Yup

Beto 2020

Could Beto take his home state of Texas?

Give Beto California, NY and Texas and he will be tough to beat

Makes no sense

He has the stink of loser on him.

Makes no sense

We'll have you people safely in the camps by then.

Forum List

Back