Bet you guys'll get a kicck out of this one....

CivilLiberty

Nov 13, 2004
Hollywood
From: http://nymetro.com/nymetro/news/people/columns/intelligencer/n_10245/
-----

Political Conversation: Condi’s Slip
A pressing issue of dinner-party etiquette is vexing Washington, according to a story now making the D.C. rounds: How should you react when your guest, in this case national-security adviser Condoleezza Rice, makes a poignant faux pas? At a recent dinner party hosted by New York Times D.C. bureau chief Philip Taubman and his wife, Times reporter Felicity Barringer, and attended by Arthur Sulzberger Jr., Maureen Dowd, Steven Weisman, and Elisabeth Bumiller, Rice was reportedly overheard saying, “As I was telling my husb—” and then stopping herself abruptly, before saying, “As I was telling President Bush.” Jaws dropped, but a guest says the slip by the unmarried politician, who spends weekends with the president and his wife, seemed more psychologically telling than incriminating. Nobody thinks Bush and Rice are actually an item. A National Security Council spokesman laughed and said, “No comment".

Paging Dr. Freud...

How far back are you willing to go? That story is older than Christmas! Why are you trying to replay the Election Campaign anyway?

no1tovote4 said:
How far back are you willing to go? That story is older than Christmas! Why are you trying to replay the Election Campaign anyway?

First I'd heard of it - thought it was amusing....

A
:eek2:

CivilLiberty said:
First I'd heard of it - thought it was amusing....

A
:eek2:

I thought it was amusing too when I first heard of it in April. You really need to get your news from a different source. LOL :D

CivilLiberty said:
From: http://nymetro.com/nymetro/news/people/columns/intelligencer/n_10245/
-----

Political Conversation: Condi’s Slip
A pressing issue of dinner-party etiquette is vexing Washington, according to a story now making the D.C. rounds: How should you react when your guest, in this case national-security adviser Condoleezza Rice, makes a poignant faux pas? At a recent dinner party hosted by New York Times D.C. bureau chief Philip Taubman and his wife, Times reporter Felicity Barringer, and attended by Arthur Sulzberger Jr., Maureen Dowd, Steven Weisman, and Elisabeth Bumiller, Rice was reportedly overheard saying, “As I was telling my husb—” and then stopping herself abruptly, before saying, “As I was telling President Bush.” Jaws dropped, but a guest says the slip by the unmarried politician, who spends weekends with the president and his wife, seemed more psychologically telling than incriminating. Nobody thinks Bush and Rice are actually an item. A National Security Council spokesman laughed and said, “No comment".

Paging Dr. Freud...

the us can do what it wants just as any other nation can

other nations can call our debt due at any time just as we can call theirs due

until something actually happens not just "chicken littles" saying the sky is falling you are just pissin in the wind

Actually that was kind of indicative of how much time these people spend together on their jobs, probably 14 + hours a day.......No wonder there is such burnout, they really don't have a life, no time for their marriages, family, no time to see a movie, etc.

Bonnie said:
Actually that was kind of indicative of how much time these people spend together on their jobs, probably 14 + hours a day.......No wonder there is such burnout, they really don't have a life, no time for their marriages, family, no time to see a movie, etc.

Who? :)

Bonnie said:
Why Condi of course, she probably sees her boss as kind of a husband, or father maybe?? :cof:

I thought you were refering to the thread starter, but wanted to double check just in case. I used to do that with my ex and step-father: Tim, Tom...could happen to anyone right? :D

Ps when are your exams? Mine are in two weeks??

14th and 15th loooots of time. :wtf:

Said1 said:
How far back do you have to go musicman.....I mean get over it. :D

I shall uncover the irrelevant, unimportant truth wherever I find it - and sacred cows be damned!

Bonnie said:
Why Condi of course, she probably sees her boss as kind of a husband, or father maybe?? :cof:

Ps when are your exams? Mine are in two weeks??

When I was much younger, I had a boss named Dan, but one day I called him "dad" by accident... It can happen. But "Husband" seems pretty far from "President", especially as she has no husband...

It think it's more likely that they (WH staffers) were joking around with/about Condi, and that might have stuck in her head at the moment.

A

CivilLiberty said:
When I was much younger, I had a boss named Dan, but one day I called him "dad" by accident... It can happen. But "Husband" seems pretty far from "President", especially as she has no husband...

It think it's more likely that they (WH staffers) were joking around with/about Condi, and that might have stuck in her head at the moment.

A

I suppose the worse thing to happen would be with romantic partners and mixing up names...........never works out, no way to back pedal...............

Forum List

Back