Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Lockheed P-80

Votes: 1 33.3%

• Total voters

Bleipriester

Freedom!
Nov 14, 2012
Doucheland
Although the Germans were the only to deploy jet fighters in large numbers, allied jet fighters saw action as well during WWII. Which is your favorite?

Excluded:
- Non-fighters
- Rocket planes
- Not used during WWII

I picked the P-80 because it was the most complete jet fighter with the longest service record. Plus, just being in Italy pretty well stopped the AR-234 over flights.

I never looked at the HE-162 before. Sounds like the overall history of it might have been better than the 262 had the war not been going so badly in early 1945.

Last edited:
I picked the P-80 because it was the most complete jet fighter with the longest service record. Plus, just being in Italy pretty well stopped the AR-134 over flights.

I never looked at the HE-162 before. Sounds like the overall history of it might have been better than the 262 had the war not been going so badly in early 1945.
The He 162 was actually a result of the war going so badly. It is basically a cheap plane that was supposed to be produced in large numbers. It had one BMW engine of which the Ar 234 had four and it would not have been designed under more common circumstances. However, it came too late und was a plane of literally the last days of the war.

Forum List

Back