Best wishes for Mrs. Romney

strollingbones

Diamond Member
Sep 19, 2008
chicken farm
(CNN) – Ann Romney, the wife of GOP presidential candidate Mitt Romney, released a statement Friday morning saying that she has been diagnosed with ductal carcinoma in sutu, the most common form of noninvasive breast cancer in women.

“Last week, following my annual mammogram at Brigham and Women's Hospital, I was diagnosed with Ductal Carcinoma In Sutu (DCIS),” Romney says in the statement. “While this is commonly referred to as early stage breast cancer, it is technically not cancer but rather pre-cancer, as it has not become invasive.”

“Today, I have had a lumpectomy. This procedure does not require hospitalization. Mitt and I feel fortunate to have caught this so early. And, it reminds us how important it is for women to have regular mammograms.”

The Mayo Clinic says that DCIS is considered to be a “preinvasive” condition, and “the most common type of noninvasive breast cancer.”

The clinic’s Web site adds that the condition isn’t life-threatening, but that without treatment, DCIS could become invasive breast cancer.

Romney was diagnosed with multiple sclerosis in 1998, and has said that she combines traditional treatment with alternative treatments like horse riding to keep the disease at bay.

CNN Political Ticker: All politics, all the time - Blogs from CNN.com

Poor lass.

Happily her health care insurance gave her the opportunity to catch it early.

With a guy like Mitt Romney by her side, she can overcome this. I don't agree with his politics, but Mitt is a good human being and I know he loves his wife dearly. Best wishes for her.

Forum List

Back