Best Way To Reduce Health Care Prices 80% In 2 Easy Steps:

EdwardBaiamonte

Platinum Member
Nov 23, 2011
1) have people shop with their own money or vouchers and keep what they don't spend
2) have providers compete on basis of price and quality

1) have people shop with their own money or vouchers and keep what they don't spend

Concept is a good one, the danger is the level of fraud that will occur. As always.
why more fraud rather than far less??

First, keeping track of who spend what and where. Duplicates and/or using a voucher more than once, falsely calculating what is used. It's still a good system, but there are always hiccups.

I like the idea of people being rewarded for being healthy, like some auto insurance companies offer. Don't use insurance for x amounts of days, get a discount on future premiums.

Competition and options is the most important. Trump is signing into law an E.O tomorrow that will allow cross border competition, this will impact approx. 50% of citizens. Huge. A great start until they repeal and replace.

First, keeping track of who spend what and where. Duplicates and/or using a voucher more than once, falsely calculating what is used. It's still a good system, but there are always hiccups.
well it could be a debit card that draws down the money etc etc

I like the idea of people being rewarded for being healthy, like some auto insurance companies offer. Don't use insurance for x amounts of days, get a discount on future premiums.

for being healthy and for not paying 10 times more than competition for say an MRI

Competition and options is the most important. Trump is signing into law an E.O tomorrow that will allow cross border competition, this will impact approx. 50% of citizens. Huge. A great start until they repeal and replace.
lets pray it works out.

And, my friend, how are you going to compel (2), please?

That's a good point. We need a law forcing consumers to shop on the basis of price and quality.
When people shop with own money or own vouchers for health care or food they shop on basis of price and quality

must escape the morons.jpg

Forum List

Back