Best way to download music?

epitonic hosts free legal music

many band's websites offer mp3s on their websites, long as they aren't RIAA members.

bbc has free streams of all their radio stations, if you have at least a cable modem

Speaking of kazaa, I heard they were trying to destroy it by uploading bogus files and making it hard to find a real file. Why didn't they think of that six months ago, before they were sueing twelve yearold girls for stealing their music?

Originally posted by Sir Evil
There are a ton of bogus music files on Kazza, so I guess you probably heard right!

There will always be more, they shut one down another will open!

After Napster faded, I used to use Kazaa all the time.

Downloaded it yesterday, and yep, TONS of bogus files as you said. :(

Ciya, Kazaa!

Internet radio is cool.

Originally posted by Said1
Do you have to subscribe to usnet?

depends on your internet provider. Usually, usenet access comes with your account but you would need to find out from them first.

My experience has been mostly decent with ISP's with the exception of AOL and SBC Yahoo. AOL's newsgroups are censored and SBC uses the lame excuse of 'copyright infringement' to avoid having to keep up the massive hardware needed for usenet functionality.

Overall, usenet is usually a decent way with any ISP.

Originally posted by DKSuddeth
depends on your internet provider. Usually, usenet access comes with your account but you would need to find out from them first.

My experience has been mostly decent with ISP's with the exception of AOL and SBC Yahoo. AOL's newsgroups are censored and SBC uses the lame excuse of 'copyright infringement' to avoid having to keep up the massive hardware needed for usenet functionality.

Overall, usenet is usually a decent way with any ISP.

Do I need to call and ask them, or ia the infor available somewhere within my internet preferences, accounts ect?

hello,
the discussion seems to be old, but the question is still uptodate *smile*
In my opinion the best way to download music is still Napster (where available), in my opinion.
Why Napster? the core idea (around 2000) came from Napster.

You've to buy songs now you'd like, but I think that's correct.
Or would you work for nothing (your employer don't pay for your work)?
The prices (at least in Germany) are cheap, around 1 eur per song.

I prefer downloading songs on Napster than buying audio cds, which could contain songs you might not like. It's more individual!

I also tested iTunes and found out, you always downloaded broken songs there, at least in Germany; maybe American iTunes offered working songs.

best regards

Download UTorrent (a good file sharing program), then go to btjunkie.org, download music and enjoy.

Last edited:
hello,
In my opinion the best way to download music is still Napster (where available), in my opinion.

I prefer downloading songs on Napster than buying audio cds, which could contain songs you might not like. It's more individual!

I also tested iTunes and found out, you always downloaded broken songs there, at least in Germany; maybe American iTunes offered working songs.

best regards

No not really to a large degree the music should be freely available and artist need to make there income through live performances and merchandising and sales of packaged cd collections with bonuses...what the internet and downloading has done for most performers is actually a benefit and broken the corporate music monopoly.allowing a vastly larger number of people to gain the exposure needed to make a career out of music and musical performances

Best way to download music?
Legally. And pay for it, so the bands get money, unless they want to give it away for free.

its given for free when ever it put out on video or radio..since the days of the dual cassette recorder it has been the easiest thing in the world to re-record a song but a music industry music and musicians survived and thrived..you can not put the genie back in the bottle or expect people not to make a copy with the technology to do so right that there finger tips..smart musicians now a days have adapted to that reality and offer a large part of the music freely..as it can lead to lucrative merch sales .ticketed events and packaged cd sales

Why would anyone want or need to download music these days?

If you have an Iphone or smart phone you can stream any music you want off youtube (or most sites for that matter)...

You can buy MP3's off of amazon all day for cheap.

I usually just steam my content off of youtube...

hello,

best regards

No not really to a large degree the music should be freely available and artist need to make there income through live performances and merchandising and sales of packaged cd collections with bonuses...what the internet and downloading has done for most performers is actually a benefit and broken the corporate music monopoly.allowing a vastly larger number of people to gain the exposure needed to make a career out of music and musical performances

Cds cost like 30 cents per unit to print in bulk - there is no reason why they should cost 15-18 bucks to buy.

They should cost like 7 bucks a pop max...

I'm actually a musician myself and I would sell mine for 5 bucks each and made a killing doing it..

Forum List

Back