Best TV Series Evah

I also read the books. They were pretty good too.

And it really would be fun if Claudius actually did write his memoirs and managed to have them secure for 2000 years.

of course, he wasn't as cool a guy as the TV show. According to Suetonius he was more of a sadistic freak than Nero. Just more competent and not as vain.

Best mini-series ever with an incredible ensemble cast. I've also read the books (and have the series on DVD).

I also read the books. They were pretty good too.

And it really would be fun if Claudius actually did write his memoirs and managed to have them secure for 2000 years.

of course, he wasn't as cool a guy as the TV show. According to Suetonius he was more of a sadistic freak than Nero. Just more competent and not as vain.

Best mini-series ever with an incredible ensemble cast. I've also read the books (and have the series on DVD).

Now, if you wanna talk mini-series, Game of Thrones on HBO is excellent.

Gotta wait 'till spring for the new ones though.

It looks like Booth can recite the whole series.

Since most of the weirder members of the family were also decedents of Mark Anthony it looks like the battle of Actium would have been a wash as far as history was concerned. Either guy would have had the same wacko decedents.

Makes you wonder if you could have brought one of Caesar's centurions 100 years on to see what happened to Rome during the glory days of Caligula or Nero. They might have butchered him right there on the Rubicon if they knew what was coming

Since most of the weirder members of the family were also decedents of Mark Anthony it looks like the battle of Actium would have been a wash as far as history was concerned. Either guy would have had the same wacko decedents.

Makes you wonder if you could have brought one of Caesar's centurions 100 years on to see what happened to Rome during the glory days of Caligula or Nero. They might have butchered him right there on the Rubicon if they knew what was coming
Only in general terms, I remembered the scenes and the and some of the lines, but went to youtube to make sure I got them exactly right. The only one I have fully memorized is the one about letting the poisons hatch out.

Like nobility everywhere, there is a lot of breeding between a limited number of families. In a short while everybody is everybody else's first cousin.

Last edited:

naaahh, I doubt it, the army was infinitely better off under the imperium than the republic, speaking as an individual soldier.

The Neros and Commodu's came and went, Rome had a good run under the principate, considering there was no succession plan etc.

aside from that the republic was finished under Sulla anyway.

For medical shows? House wins hands down.

For testosterone shoot 'em ups? Burn Notice. Not only is the show good, but you can pick up some really cool tips.

For sci-fi? Old series called Firefly was my favorite, but now I really enjoy Eureka.

Demons and angels? Supernatural.

But, there's a new game show out that actually makes me want to watch them, and it's called It's Worth What? Kinda Antiques Roadshow meets The Price is Right.

I am both shocked and amazed the two people as different we are have nearly the exact same taste in tv programs.

How do you feel about Bones, the Mentalist, Masterchef / Hell's Kitchen and any Star Trek series...

I also dig Fact or Faked and Destination Truth.

Things to check out...

Jericho, and Odyssey Five. :thup:

Last summer when I was recuperating, I finally saw NCIS on the USA network. Highly entertaining. It's now one I look for on CBS or on USA (today is a marathon day)! Burn Notice is also pretty good.

I am SHOCKED to agree even on such a trivial matter with Salt Peter, but The Wire was absolutely excellent.

St. Elsewhere was great for its day. House is damn near brilliant (albeit now a bit hampered by the formula).

There are lots of reasons to forget lots of the shows we've watched. There aren't many that are all that memorable.

P.S.:

It dawned on me that Mark Harmon (NCIS) was also on St. Elsewhere.

Then I realized (via a Google search and Harmon's TV "filmography") that he was also a regular on another Hospital Show...

Name that show.

Last edited:
all in the family was the best sit com ,and gun smoke, the wild wild west ,and the twilight zone are among the top 1hr series !!

Last edited:
Best TV show ever was 24. Nothing else even comes close.

Lost was pretty good as well, but they really screwed it up the last couple of seasons.

Another winner was Prison Break.

Immie

Forum List

Back