Best TV Series Evah

Sep 12, 2008
Brian Blessed, Derek Jacobi, Patrick Stewart.

When this show was on Dallas and Falcon Crest were king of the TV hill, and this blew them away and showed how it is done.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LhsY5XEqTWY&NR=1"]I Claudius Drusus Nero Tiberius Augustus[/ame]

I also read the books. They were pretty good too.

And it really would be fun if Claudius actually did write his memoirs and managed to have them secure for 2000 years.

of course, he wasn't as cool a guy as the TV show. According to Suetonius he was more of a sadistic freak than Nero. Just more competent and not as vain.

For the medical category I'd have to go with St. Elsewhere...

... lot of topical inside jokes...

... had to live that era though.
:cool:

For medical shows? House wins hands down.

For testosterone shoot 'em ups? Burn Notice. Not only is the show good, but you can pick up some really cool tips.

For sci-fi? Old series called Firefly was my favorite, but now I really enjoy Eureka.

Demons and angels? Supernatural.

But, there's a new game show out that actually makes me want to watch them, and it's called It's Worth What? Kinda Antiques Roadshow meets The Price is Right.

Last edited:
I don't like any of the shows any of y'all mentioned.
Best TV Series EVER??......(notice the R at the end---what is it with people who say the word "ever" as "evah"??) ~LMAO~
I can't think of any TV shows that I would list as the best ever.....I can't think of any that I just-absolutely-could-not-wait-till-it-came-on!
But when I was a young girl, I enjoyed watching Starsky & Hutch.
When my children were younger and we watched as a family, I liked American Gladiators...and then a few years back I did rather enjoy watching Fear Factor.

St Elsewhere was lame compared to this.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TsUThgpC_rg"]The lion was hungry when he found the senator's wife, and he is gladiator. [/ame]

As for the rest of the shows mentioned, they can't hold a small tallow candle to it.

Brian Blessed, Derek Jacobi, Patrick Stewart.

When this show was on Dallas and Falcon Crest were king of the TV hill, and this blew them away and showed how it is done.

I Claudius Drusus Nero Tiberius Augustus

:clap2:I agree. I have it on vhs, (the DVDs are screwed, they are recorded poorly etc)

I don't think 3 years goes by and I don't re-watch it. Sian Phillips as Livia is the epitome of Queen of Mean..:cool:

And it really would be fun if Claudius actually did write his memoirs and managed to have them secure for 2000 years.

of course, he wasn't as cool a guy as the TV show. According to Suetonius he was more of a sadistic freak than Nero. Just more competent and not as vain.

who? Claudius? no, I think BM you may have that off a bit. Claudius was well meaning but yes he was totally a creature of his minsters in later life. He wasn't wantonly cruel and in fact when he died the senate had the usual ceremony of mourning and, actually meant it, he ruled pretty well considering. No proscriptions etc.

She was the primary reason the whole family was so badly screwed up. She had anyone sane or even halfway reasonable killed off and what she did to her son Tiberius was almost as bad as killing him.

who? Claudius? no, I think BM you may have that off a bit. Claudius was well meaning but yes he was totally a creature of his minsters in later life. He wasn't wantonly cruel and in fact when he died the senate had the usual ceremony of mourning and, actually meant it, he ruled pretty well considering. No proscriptions etc.

According to Suetonius he spent a lot of time at games. He was just as bloodthirsty as the rest of them. He didn't kill as many senators or relatives. He still liked a good killing though

For medical shows? House wins hands down.

For testosterone shoot 'em ups? Burn Notice. Not only is the show good, but you can pick up some really cool tips.

For sci-fi? Old series called Firefly was my favorite, but now I really enjoy Eureka.

Demons and angels? Supernatural.

But, there's a new game show out that actually makes me want to watch them, and it's called It's Worth What? Kinda Antiques Roadshow meets The Price is Right.

Stabbed in the back...right through the heart...

Et Tu Brutus?

Forum List

Back