Best teotwawki...

I'd say I'm set well. Ammo too. The OP video is good, and thanks. I knew a guy once who said all he needed was a .22 revolver and he could use it to take what guns he wanted from others. You see, what the filthy libs cannot seem to comprehend is that it is THAT kind of person you will be fighting in scenarios such as teotwawki. I asked if he really thought he could and he said could and would. I brought out my scoped Savage model 10 and told him he would not get closer than 200 yards. Don't care for that.
Won't do you any good if he's behind you and you don't know he's there.
Now you pretend to be a situational awareness expert.
Son I don't have to pretend to be shit. I got nothing to prove to a dumbass like you.
So now I'm a dumbass because I don't agree with you? Got it.
No, you're a dumbass because you act like one.

Case closed.

I'd say I'm set well. Ammo too. The OP video is good, and thanks. I knew a guy once who said all he needed was a .22 revolver and he could use it to take what guns he wanted from others. You see, what the filthy libs cannot seem to comprehend is that it is THAT kind of person you will be fighting in scenarios such as teotwawki. I asked if he really thought he could and he said could and would. I brought out my scoped Savage model 10 and told him he would not get closer than 200 yards. Don't care for that.
Son I don't have to pretend to be shit. I got nothing to prove to a dumbass like you.

Case closed.
So, knowing nothing about me or preparations I have taken, you have come to a conclusion. Got it. Bye troll.

Case closed.
So, knowing nothing about me or preparations I have taken, you have come to a conclusion. Got it. Bye troll.
See ya in the funny pages kiddo!

And tests have demonstrated that a .410 slug won’t function properly in the Judge, as the bore is too large for the slug to engage the rifling, failing to achieve adequate velocity.
Jesus! A .410 slug? They're talking of .22s.

Choosing the best firearm for a TEOWAWKI or SHTF scenario is like trying to choose the best sized socket for your socket wrench. Each firearm will have pluses and minuses depending on the scenario, how you're involved in the scenario, and what stage of the scenario you are experiencing.

A shotgun is an excellent hunting and close quarter combat weapon, easy to reload, and can be loaded with black powder.

A semi-automatic .223 platform is an excellent combat weapon, less versatile for hunting, and requires more precision for reloading.

A vintage-style lever rifle is easier to maintain, less selective on the quality of the ammo and can be manufactured with minimum shop tools (mid-19th century vintage).

A pistol is concealable, effective in close quarters, not that effective for hunting.

A .22 can be effective for hunting most small game, can dissuade any unarmed attacker, has the most amount of available ammo than any other platform. They can be made to shoot very quietly compared to the other choices.

Anyone preparing for the unknown would be wise to be prepared to face a wide-variety of possible situations.

Last edited:
But if you lose a few shells you didn't lose the ability to use that caliber ammunition.

Don't get me wrong, I think the judge is cool but it's not what I would take if I had to do the "bugout boogy".

It's hard to find something that does everything you want it to do...a one gun solution.

I'm still looking.

Circuit Judge is as close as I've come so far.

But if you lose a few shells you didn't lose the ability to use that caliber ammunition.

Don't get me wrong, I think the judge is cool but it's not what I would take if I had to do the "bugout boogy".

It's hard to find something that does everything you want it to do...a one gun solution.

I'm still looking.

Rather than a one gun solution get a carbine or better still a lever action rifle and a revolver chambered for the same round. Something every Walmart has like 9mm or .357.

The one ammo solution.

I believe kel-tec has several that pair up nicely.

...firearm?

1. Revolvers are not very resilient when it comes to getting dirty. Cylinder lock, is all but guaranteed in a dirty environment.
2. All the rounds this revolver can shoot are statistically scarce as far as scavenging ammo goes. The most common among them being .410.
3. .410 lacks all the “cool” qualities of the .454 Casull used to promote this idea...
In a real world SHTF scenario... not only will this guns ammo be scarce. So will parts for maintainance.
Video verdict...? FAIL.

Wheelguns handle dirt much better than any kind of automatic.

Oh yeah!? By all means direct me to any of the many torture test videos that surely exist to support your demonstrably false claim. Don’t worry... I’ll wait...

...firearm?

1. Revolvers are not very resilient when it comes to getting dirty. Cylinder lock, is all but guaranteed in a dirty environment.
2. All the rounds this revolver can shoot are statistically scarce as far as scavenging ammo goes. The most common among them being .410.
3. .410 lacks all the “cool” qualities of the .454 Casull used to promote this idea...
In a real world SHTF scenario... not only will this guns ammo be scarce. So will parts for maintainance.
Video verdict...? FAIL.

You didn't watch the video, did you...

Yes. I watched it. And disagree with its conclusions regarding it being a great SHTF gun. It’s a cool gun, for sure. But certainly not combat tested, or worthy. Nor would it come close to being a “one gun” solution, for an “apocalyptic” event.

As usual there is no ‘best.’

Each individual must decide for himself what constitutes ‘the best.’

In my case it would be a pistol chambered in a common, easy to acquire round, such as 9x19mm Parabellum; this cartridge can also be carried in relatively sufficient quantities.

A semi-auto rifle in .22 LR would complement the pistol, used for hunting small game (eating is just as important as self-defense). The rifle would be of a takedown configuration, such as the Henry AR-7, that can be concealed in a backpack. And a sufficient amount of ammo can also be easily carried.

An option to the above would be a sub gun in 9x19mm, such as the Ruger PC Carbine – also of a takedown configuration for concealment.

...firearm?

Video verdict...? FAIL.

Oh yeah!? By all means direct me to any of the many torture test videos that surely exist to support your demonstrably false claim. Don’t worry... I’ll wait...

Video?

Try personal experience.

...firearm?

Video verdict...? FAIL.

Video?

Try personal experience.

I have. You should too... Especially before you bet your life on it...

There’s a reason YouTube is log-jammed with auto loader torture tests; and nary a one for a revolver...

...firearm?

Video verdict...? FAIL.

Video?

Try personal experience.

There’s a reason YouTube is log-jammed with auto loader torture tests; and nary a one for a revolver...

I already have, that's why I brought it up.

Video verdict...? FAIL.
Video?

Try personal experience.

No you haven’t... If you had; you’d be singing a different tune. Fact.

Video?

Try personal experience.

Whatever you say kiddo, I'm not gonna stand here and argue my personal experiences with ya.

Video?

Try personal experience.

Whatever you say kiddo, I'm not gonna stand here and argue my personal experiences with ya.
Probably best to refrain from regaling your fantasies as well...

I'm still looking.

You might want to re-think that.

After a few years of TEOTWAWKI, supplies of modern powder will be exhausted and you'll have to start reloading with locally manufactured black powder.

The reason revolving rifles / shotguns never caught on back in the day was something called ... chain fire. While a bad thing for pistols, it's disastrous for longarms ... think about your hand on the fore-stock.

I'm still looking.

You might want to re-think that.

After a few years of TEOTWAWKI, supplies of modern powder will be exhausted and you'll have to start reloading with locally manufactured black powder.

The reason revolving rifles / shotguns never caught on back in the day was something called ... chain fire. While a bad thing for pistols, it's disastrous for longarms ... think about your hand on the fore-stock.
By that time primers will be gone as well and we'll all be looking for flintlocks.

Or bows

Forum List

Back