Best teotwawki...

Gimmiky crap.

Seems to get the job done...

My problem is the gun is enormous.

7c90a237c27325965a777e834399f060.jpg

There are better choices than the Judge.

It will likely be too heavy for many to carry long distance.

The ammo will be hard to find, if it can be found at all.

And tests have demonstrated that a .410 slug won’t function properly in the Judge, as the bore is too large for the slug to engage the rifling, failing to achieve adequate velocity.

...firearm?

1. Revolvers are not very resilient when it comes to getting dirty. Cylinder lock, is all but guaranteed in a dirty environment.
2. All the rounds this revolver can shoot are statistically scarce as far as scavenging ammo goes. The most common among them being .410.
3. .410 lacks all the “cool” qualities of the .454 Casull used to promote this idea...
In a real world SHTF scenario... not only will this guns ammo be scarce. So will parts for maintainance.
Video verdict...? FAIL.

...firearm?

1. Revolvers are not very resilient when it comes to getting dirty. Cylinder lock, is all but guaranteed in a dirty environment.
2. All the rounds this revolver can shoot are statistically scarce as far as scavenging ammo goes. The most common among them being .410.
3. .410 lacks all the “cool” qualities of the .454 Casull used to promote this idea...
In a real world SHTF scenario... not only will this guns ammo be scarce. So will parts for maintainance.
Video verdict...? FAIL.

You didn't watch the video, did you...

There are better choices than the Judge.

It will likely be too heavy for many to carry long distance.

The ammo will be hard to find, if it can be found at all.

And tests have demonstrated that a .410 slug won’t function properly in the Judge, as the bore is too large for the slug to engage the rifling, failing to achieve adequate velocity.

I hadn't seen that about 410 slugs. I never saw much point in shooting the slugs, being less than 90 grain, when you have the option of up to 300 grain 45 Colts.

I'm with you on weight and size of the Raging Judge. My 6.5 inch barrel Judge isn't any appreciably larger or heavier than a Colt SAA.

I don't think the Judge...and by extention tye Raging Judge would be any use for shotshell hunting beyond 20 feet. The pattern is just too large. The Circuit Judge has a choke that condenses and straightens the pattern. It's good to 20-30 yards at the patterning range with #9 thru #6 shot. BUT...you can't shoot 45 Colt thru it...so you can either have shotshells or bullets, but not both at the same time. I've never gotten a straight answer on shooting buckshot or slugs with the choke inserted...and without specific guidence, I am afraid to attempt it.

Gimmiky crap.

Loose peices to keep track of in a rough country trek.

No different than shotgun chokes...or even 410 ammunition. Same size as 3" 410 shells. I actually have a set, but I've never used them. Moon clips I've never used...the Judge isn't set up for them...it takes some modifications to use them...and with the lifetime warranty, it would be foolish IMO to modify in any way.

Gimmiky crap.

Loose peices to keep track of in a rough country trek.

No different than shotgun chokes...or even 410 ammunition. Same size as 3" 410 shells. I actually have a set, but I've never used them. Moon clips I've never used...the Judge isn't set up for them...it takes some modifications to use them...and with the lifetime warranty, it would be foolish IMO to modify in any way.

But if you lose a few shells you didn't lose the ability to use that caliber ammunition.

Don't get me wrong, I think the judge is cool but it's not what I would take if I had to do the "bugout boogy".

I'd say I'm set well. Ammo too. The OP video is good, and thanks. I knew a guy once who said all he needed was a .22 revolver and he could use it to take what guns he wanted from others. You see, what the filthy libs cannot seem to comprehend is that it is THAT kind of person you will be fighting in scenarios such as teotwawki. I asked if he really thought he could and he said could and would. I brought out my scoped Savage model 10 and told him he would not get closer than 200 yards. Don't care for that.

...firearm?

Video verdict...? FAIL.

Wheelguns handle dirt much better than any kind of automatic.

...firearm?

Video verdict...? FAIL.

What about shoveling snow?

I'd say I'm set well. Ammo too. The OP video is good, and thanks. I knew a guy once who said all he needed was a .22 revolver and he could use it to take what guns he wanted from others. You see, what the filthy libs cannot seem to comprehend is that it is THAT kind of person you will be fighting in scenarios such as teotwawki. I asked if he really thought he could and he said could and would. I brought out my scoped Savage model 10 and told him he would not get closer than 200 yards. Don't care for that.
Won't do you any good if he's behind you and you don't know he's there.

Now you pretend to be a situational awareness expert.

...firearm?

Video verdict...? FAIL.

What about shoveling snow?

Is that a refrence I am unfamiliar with or what?

Son I don't have to pretend to be shit. I got nothing to prove to a dumbass like you.

Son I don't have to pretend to be shit. I got nothing to prove to a dumbass like you.
So now I'm a dumbass because I don't agree with you? Got it.

Forum List

Back