Best team in the NFL right now?

dmp

May 12, 2004
Enterprise, Alabama
Seattle F'in Seahawks... :)

For a couple of weeks -- I'd say those consecutive wins over the Eagles and Niners by a combined score of 83-3 to begin this month probably did it for most people -- the Seahawks have been widely regarded as the best team in the NFC. I'm not so sure about that anymore. No, Seattle's the best team in the NFL. Right now. At this moment. The Seahawks are better than the Colts, who aren't the invincible team they seemed to be three weeks ago. They're better than the Bengals, Broncos, Patriots and Steelers. Right now. At this moment. Better than the Bears and the five NFC teams still fighting for playoff berths. Yup. Seahawks. Best team in football.

To quote Sade, I never thought I'd see the day.

Read the rest:
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=smith_michael&id=2272103

Its still the Colts. They had nothing to play for and had 2nd and 3rd string in there. They also had off field drama to deal with.

Seahawks are good, but like i said, they are the Eagles of last year. Best team in the NFC. Probably 4th or 5th best overall.

insein said:
Its still the Colts. They had nothing to play for and had 2nd and 3rd string in there.

...and Seattle stopped Peyton twice using Seattle's 2nd and 3rd string defensive backs... ;)

I think your no-faith-in-Seahawks is probably the result of a very valid point: The Seahawks have never won ANYTHING. Understandable.

dmp said:
...and Seattle stopped Peyton twice using Seattle's 2nd and 3rd string defensive backs... ;)

I think your no-faith-in-Seahawks is probably the result of a very valid point: The Seahawks have never won ANYTHING. Understandable.
It's more that they're choke artists. Just you wait, they won't make it to the Superbowl.

The ClayTaurus said:
It's more that they're choke artists. Just you wait, they won't make it to the Superbowl.

Very likely they won't - doesn't mean they aren't a helluva team, or doesn't mean they couldn't beat any of the AFC teams listed 'better' than they. :)

The road to the Super Bowl runs through Seattle...

and the AFC team in the Super Bowl will have to (try to) run through Seattle's defense to score.

No one in the NFC is going to stop Seattle, and frankly, I think they've put it all together this year.

I think the seahawks will goto the Super Bowl. Its tough to play in Seattle. All the way up on the west coast. Its a long plane trip. Then you have to deal with Alexander wearing you down all game. None of the NFC teams have the makeup to beat them. You need a high powered offense and a defense that can stop the run (or in Alexander's case, contain the run).

CHI - NO. Offense is anemic even with Grossman back. Defense can contain Alexander but needs some help from offense.

NYG - NO. Offense cant score in the red zone. Defense is schizo.

TB - Maybe. Offense is better than Chi's but probably not good enough to play from behind. Defense can contain Alexander but they are in the same boat as Chi. Needs to score points.

Car - Maybe. Have the offense with Steve Smith to score quick. Defense is schizo also though. Play good one week, next week lose to Dallas.

Wash - Maybe. Offense has playmakers. Defense is stepping up at the right time.

To me the bottom 3 have the best shot of beating Sea. But i think the seahawks not only win that first playoff game this century, they goto their First Super Bowl.

Here's who I consider to be the top 6 in the NFL right now, then my picks for next weekend!

1- Indianapolis
2- Seattle

I choose Indy because I believe when these 2 teams are 100% healthy, and they're both playing 'for something', I think Indy wins a great game. This is a very good possibility for the SB.

3- Denver
4- Cincinnati
5- Pittsburgh
6- New England - I know, they're only 10-6. But they're starting to click and they have the most playoff experience. I think they'll be a hard team to contend with in the playoffs.

Wild Card Games

Washington at Tampa Bay - Tampa Bay
Jacksonville at New England - New England
Carolina at NY Giants - NY Giants
Pittsburgh at Cincinnati - Pittsburgh :gs:

listopencil said:
Keep the faith, fellow Bronco fan.

If the Steelers win, they'll play Indy next week, which means New England (after disposing of JAX) will play in Denver. That will be a freakin awesome game!

Otherwise, it's Cincy at Denver, if they win.

Forum List

Back