Best Star Trek TNG on TV right now

WillMunny

Gold Member
Feb 1, 2016
"Sarek." Which features Spock's 200-year-old Vulcan dad secretly suffering from a Vulcan emotional disorder, causing extreme chaos everywhere. It had the BEAUTIFUL acting extravaganza of Mark Leonard & Patrick Stewart's heavyweight acting. And the very intimate, mysterious scene in which they have a Vulcan mind meld so Picard's mental stability can calm down Sarek's instability. Ioved Picard's classic line: "Would Sarek of Vulcan be afraid of looking at a truth he didn't wish to see? Would Sarek of Vulcan mistake what he wanted for the truth?

Last edited:
Agreed, a good one.

The writing on that series got very good during the third season, and stayed pretty consistent.

th

One of my favorite episodes was The Hunted...

*****SMILE*****

:)

Good scene, I don't remember that one. I wouldn't call it a mind meld tho. It was more like Captain Kirk using logic to freak out a robot.

They had an actual mind-meld later in the episode as a way for Capt. Picard to help control Sarek's emotional disease. This wasn't the actual mind-meld scene.

Oops, I forgot the other greatest Star Trek Next Gen. acting of all time: the always INTENSE David Warner in "Chain of Command." I wish Youtube had the full episode so one can see the extravagant acting of these two Shakespearean actors, Warner and Stewart, playing off each other. It's better than most Hollywood Oscar winners.

th

*****SMILE*****

Yes, that one had the most surprise twists of any episode; everytime they thought they had him, he was one step ahead.

As to Sarek, I was never a big fan of it despite the good roles. It just did not get me caught up emotionally. Frankly, one of the best episodes IMO was "Second Chance," where they find a duplicate Riker on a planet created years earlier during a transporter accident and the dup was created while he and Troi were still lovers. Sirtis totally sells it with the best performance of hers in the entire series, facing the conflict of the old Riker warning not to let herself get hurt again while the new Riker draws her back into their original love romance. Highly recommended.

th

*****SMILE*****

Yes, that one had the most surprise twists of any episode; everytime they thought they had him, he was one step ahead.

As to Sarek, I was never a big fan of it despite the good roles. It just did not get me caught up emotionally. Frankly, one of the best episodes IMO was "Second Chance," where they find a duplicate Riker on a planet created years earlier during a transporter accident and the dup was created while he and Troi were still lovers. Sirtis totally sells it with the best performance of hers in the entire series, facing the conflict of the old Riker warning not to let herself get hurt again while the new Riker draws her back into their original love romance. Highly recommended.

Of course. Everyone has different Star Trek eps. that really personally speak to them.

Forum List

Back