Votes: 4 30.8%
  • All In The Family

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • Married With Children

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Simpsons

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I also like Mike and Molly. That show is pretty funny. Still, none of the newer shows are nearly as funny as Seinfeld, King of Queens, Everybody Loves Raymond. Those are three of my favs, and no others seem to be able to compare to them, IMO.

There is It's Always Sunny, which is good and funny, but that is a completely (and much more raunchy) type of comedy. Seinfeld, King of Queens, etc., were more "wholesome" types of sitcoms.

For the life of me, I do not get Big Bang Theory
That made me laugh. I think maybe one has to know someone like that to get the best from the show. My husband will get all excited about some super hero show and go on about a character in it and I look at him like a deer in the headlights and say "I am Penny dear" I remember the friends on the show made this huge deal about Stan Lee appearing at their comic book store and Penny's reply was something like "What's the big deal about some guy named Stanley showing up" I was as in the dark as she was. I got that "Are you kidding me" look from my husband. I wasn't kidding lol

The Simpsons are the best animated comedy IMO.

'Allo, Allo is my all time favorite Britcom.

Cheers and Frazier were excellent.

That 70's Show was another good one.
Hands down family guy is the best. Way better than Simpsons.

What made me find your thread was my 14 year old nephew found friends and he's been marathon watching it. He loves it. Is that unusual? Do young kids like any other old shows like Seinfeld?

I think Seinfeld is the best real sitcom but family guy is so fucking funny I have to go with the griffin's.

How many more times or ways does this question need to be asked? Good grief! Seinfeld followed by King of Queens.
I'll watch king of Queens when nothing else is on but not goat quality. Seinfeld yes. Cheers? Taxi? Modern family? Happy days?

Everyone loves ray?

Interesting that The Cosby Show is not mentioned. Not even in the top ten? Come on.

I think M*A*S*H was a cut above, combining humor with an occasional dose of reality.

If I may be grumpy for a moment, 'All In The Family" was grotesque, if watched closely. The characters were absurd caricatures. Archie Bunker was basically, an "elite" New York Jew's impression of what a working-class Protestant was like. Archie Bunker didn't exist and no one like him ever existed.

Mike Stivic was a shallow piece of garbage whose life and views were so counter to a typical working-class Polish man as to be insulting. Again, Norman Lear and his cronies obviously had no clue about what normal people are like, so invented this caricature and convinced a gullible public that it was realistic.

The whole thing was a Liberal wet dream - made up working-class people who could be made the butt of a perpetual stream of snide jokes and innuendo. What better way to make fun of people with whom you disagree?
I heard he did a lot to normalize fatherless kids. Or single parenting. Laverne had no mom, one day at a time, roger on what's happening, James died on good times and penny didnt have a dad. Different strokes dad was single, Maude was divorced

Forum List

Back