Best Science Fiction shows that are Not Star Trek

here's my short list.

Firefly- Way too short of a run, but they got a lot into 14 episodes.

Agreed. This was a fun romp, and like you I wish they'd had to time to finish the tale.

Babylon 5- A sprawling, epic Space Opera. Great drama, characters with real depth, and Deep Space Nine spent seven season trying to rip it off.

Not sure I've seen much of that one.

Farscape- A great universe, and some interesting characters.

Yes this was a lot of fun, too. The best of the lot in my opinion.

Doctor Who- The British never get enough credit.

Perfectly silly...depending on which Dr. Who. This is the kind of scifi that I liked to watch with young kids.

Blake's Seven- Special effects look like they were done in a Nerd's basement, but the story telling more than made up for it.

Not a clue.

People living forever, except when you whack off their heads and then you get a cool lightshow? Yeah...that's definitely science fiction.

Its more like Fantasy, not sci-fi. Sci-fi involves some kind of future technology, in which technology is the operative word there. In Highlander there is no advanced or unknown technology. Now, The One (Jet Li) was sci-fi, even though the plot was almost exactly the same.

People sometimes put fantasy into the sci-fi category. It's why I've listed some fantasy stuff in this thread. I don't know why that's the case, but I've seen it on numerous occasions.

Well the two have obvious similarities. Likewise a lot of people that like sci-fi also like fantasy, so normally I don't care to try and distinguish between the two. I just felt the need to since RV said it was sci-fi. Thats partially because I'm an ass that feels the need to correct people. But I wouldn't complain if people want to include fantasy in their sci-fi list.

Forum List

Back